Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

Here's what I don't get (well, I sorta do, but I don't like the conclusion it leads me to) - remember how most of us republicans were pretty p.o.'d about that whole thing? Why are ~90% of the same folks who found it morally repugnant and unacceptable back then silent or defensive when the leader of our party is the perp of equal or more noxious acts?

Oh for a Pence presidency and the resumption of quasi-normalcy.
    There is a cost when you allow your country moral foundations to be attacked and to be subverted. You wake up and you find the foundation has been destroyed. Any lie will work now, u will accept anything if it a means to an end. That day has already come and passed.

Hillary vs Trump opened up a window to our country soul. We are pretty ugly country -regardless of which side u were on.

i just pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
    Last edited by SB Shock; January 18, 2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Trump is indeed repugnant. The Republican Party lost the battle of authoritarian morality about a generation ago. It was decided by society that this country is a place where what one individual believes and does is that persons right so long as they don’t impact others. See vilification of McCain and Romney by media.

The leftists wanted to take it to a new level where what one individual believes and does is that persons business so long as they don’t hurt someone else’s feelings, especially someone that is a minority. What was once the Judeao-Christian moral authoritarians stepped up and said that we will except a person that can stop the PC identity politics regardless of the associated moral baggage.

We have Trump. We knew we were getting a scumbag, but he’s not Hitler and he checks off a lot of other boxes. So he had an affair. All part of the package deal for better or worse.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• The Republican Party is the party of rights and responsibilities. That’s why there was/is a strong belief in moral authoritarianism. If individual freedom is to be upheld by law, then people must make mostly good decisions most of the time. If most people make poor decisions, then they can no longer function and society is forced to deal with them via laws and social programs. There are really two choices to having a functional country; morality is outside the law or it is legislated. Watch out for legislated morality! It turns into totalitarianism and freedom is sacrificed for security.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• This is why more and more I hate politics. Because you like Clinton, who cares. Because you hate Trump, damn the man. It doesn't matter one happened 11 years before one got elected and one happened while in office. It doesn't matter that one was being investigated and lied under oath. The only thing that matters is who I agree with and how can I use this against the one I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
            This is why more and more I hate politics. Because you like Trump, who cares. Because you hate Clinton, impeach him.
            Fixed your post to make it more clear. I know you couldn't actually mean what you originally wrote since Clinton was impeached, it couldn't be a "who cares" situation.

Comment

• We live in a weird era when "I wouldn't let that rat bastard within a hundred yards of my daughter but hmmmmm....let's make him the most powerful man in the world? Yea that works" is the going fare.

Applies to both Clinton and Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                We live in a weird era when "I wouldn't let that rat bastard within a hundred yards of my daughter but hmmmmm....let's make him the most powerful man in the world? Yea that works" is the going fare.

Applies to both Clinton and Trump.
                Don't stop there buddy... Here's a not so ambiguous attachment to your conclusion (again) of the modern era. It's a form of "Moral ESP" where certain people know you better than you know yourself. You definitely fit that description, with a not so subtle touch of balderdash:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Powerful stuff coming from the board's noted former Bill Clinton supporter and steadfast Trump cheerleader.

Thank you for contributing.

Comment

• One thing I seem to be noticing, but maybe it's just me. There seems to be a group of people who, because they believe Hillary is evil, therefore they believe Trump is good.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Trump is trying to execute what he was elected to do which is refreshing for a Republican. His style is what may be necessary to carry out an agenda that is not popular with rinos, has deep state resistance, and a ruthless media. He's an unapologetic patriot that has the country pointed in the right direction. Obama could only dream of the economic growth that has occurred over the past 12 month.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
                        Trump is trying to execute what he was elected to do which is refreshing for a Republican. His style is what may be necessary to carry out an agenda that is not popular with rinos, has deep state resistance, and a ruthless media. He's an unapologetic patriot that has the country pointed in the right direction. Obama could only dream of the economic growth that has occurred over the past 12 month.

Unmatched growth? Only if we are pretending 2013 didn't happen. You know the year that DJIA, Nasdaq, and S&P all grew at a higher rate than this year. But details details. (Also the stock market is a terrible way to measure the economy because it only really benefits those who can afford to invest). But let's also look at job growth, huh looks like this year was the worst job growth year since 2010, with 2014 and 2015 completely blowing it out of the water(https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0..._view=net_1mth). How about wages? About flat or a slight decrease (https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wage-growth).

Comment

• Maybe you heard about a little company called Apple bringing back the 250+ billion overseas money back to the US and paying 38 billion in taxes? Not to mention the 2000 jobs and additional infrastructure. This is a signal to other companies that Trump's tax plan is advantageous to growth WITHIN the United States. This is a company friendly to the Dems. Haters gonna hate no matter how much the country improves under Trump. Dow keeps hitting record highs. When you have over 90% of the media protesting Trump everyday it would seem bleak to a casual observer.

Comment

Maybe you heard about a little company called Apple bringing back the 250+ billion overseas money back to the US and paying 38 billion in taxes? Not to mention the 2000 jobs and additional infrastructure. This is a signal to other companies that Trump's tax plan is advantageous to growth WITHIN the United States. This is a company friendly to the Dems. Haters gonna hate no matter how much the country improves under Trump. Dow keeps hitting record highs. When you have over 90% of the media protesting Trump everyday it would seem bleak to a casual observer.
                            Record highs are indicative of nothing. The growth rate isn't something we haven't seen before. I haven't said Trump has been bad for the economy. I simply presented the fact that growth was better under Obama during his second term. We'll see if there is actual job growth and spending as we go forward, it hasn't happened yet. I can say that when the current economic bubble pops, which it will inevitably, regardless of Trump, this tax bill WILL be a problem. Money is already slow, and cutting taxes for wealthy and corporations(even if it does include lower and middle class), will make it even slower. That will make the ability to recover from a recession or heaven forbid a depression much more difficult(if wealth continues to be consolidated at the top, it won't get spent).

Comment

• Much of the Obama’s job growth was part time work coupled with people that lost their job and quit looking. These people fall off the unemployment metric. With the creation of the Affordable Health Care Act, companies kept their employees under the 40 hour work week denying them many of the benefits they would ordinarily receive. Deep blue states such as Michigan weren’t buying it either as they came out in droves in support of Trump. Food stamps were at a record high under Obama. Historic high 95,000,000 people not in the us labor force in 2016 and dramatically rising. These are the true metrics to be alarmed with.

Comment

Much of the Obama’s job growth was part time work coupled with people that lost their job and quit looking. These people fall off the unemployment metric. With the creation of the Affordable Health Care Act, companies kept their employees under the 40 hour work week denying them many of the benefits they would ordinarily receive. Deep blue states such as Michigan weren’t buying it either as they came out in droves in support of Trump. Food stamps were at a record high under Obama. Historic high 95,000,000 people not in the us labor force in 2016 and dramatically rising. These are the true metrics to be alarmed with.
                                I'm probably pissing in the wind, but again, stating historic highs in quantitative metrics is useless. We are at a historic high population therefore a historic high of people who quit looking for jobs should follow same with a high in food-stamps(also analyzing this without context of policy is stupid). Also this rate didn't decline in 2017. So.... Point still stands there nothing to attribute economic growth to Trump, nor is there anything to attribute as failing. Point being stop attributing economic status to one president who has had none of his policy have time to take effect.

Comment

• shoxplode
                                  shoxplode commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I think you missed my point about Apple investing in America. Bayer reps announced they were committed to keeping 9000 US jobs in the country plus adding 3000 new high tech jobs for American workers. Amazon will be creating 100,000 new FULL-TIME jobs for American workers. Ford pulls building $1.6 billion factory in Mexico to INVEST $700 million in Michigan factory and adding 700 jobs. In 2016, IBM announced a massive employee layoff but by the end of the year IBM's strategy changed to investing $1 billion in the US over the next four years and filling 25,000 new US-based positions. Walmart hiring 10,000 new retail employees in addition to construction or remodeling of stores and distribution centers to support a further 24,000 construction-related jobs. Sprint plans 5000 new US jobs. Lockheed announced it will hire an additional 1,800 workers at it's Texas plant. Ripple effect will create "thousands and thousands" of supply chain jobs across US. Hyundai Motor Co announced it will boost spending in the US by 50% over planned levels, spending $3.1 billion over the next five years. General Motors press release to spend additional $1 billion on manufacturing THIS year. This investment will result in 1,500 new or retained jobs of which 450 of those will move from Mexico to Michigan. Carrier announced that is will not be sending its 1400 jobs to Mexico and instead keeping 1000 jobs in Indy. Fiat Chrysler to add 2000 jobs and possibly invest $1 billion to modernize two plants in Midwest and possibly move production of a Ram heavy-duty pickup truck to Michigan from Mexico. Even Wichita's own Spirit announced a $1 billion expansion and pickup of 1000 additional employees.

Nothing to attribute economic growth to Trump? You have to be kidding!

President Donald Trump started the trend with Carrier, and we’ve put together a list of 10 companies that are bringing jobs back to America.
                              Working...
                              X