Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    One thing I seem to be noticing, but maybe it's just me. There seems to be a group of people who, because they believe Hillary is evil, therefore they believe Trump is good.
    The Russian people believe Hillary is evil.

A Sundance filmmaker has made a movie about the Russian propaganda machine, and it is terrifying

Comment

• Ha, you began this whole thing with showing job growth underr Obama and mentioning stock market growth! When those metrics start to look unfavorably it’s all bunk. GDP growth under Obama...oh wait....pointless also.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
        Ha, you began this whole thing with showing job growth underr Obama and mentioning stock market growth! When those metrics start to look unfavorably it’s all bunk. GDP growth under Obama...oh wait....pointless also.
        Uh what? I pointed out that all the metrics were all better or the same under Obama? You realize we had the record high of both discouraged workers under the Trump admin right? https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet You have yet to provide a single metric that has been better under the Trump admin. And again I'm not saying Trump has screwed up the economy, I'm just pointing out that arguing that Trump has some how exceeded the Obama regime economically is false. And I didn't start this discussion. You said that the economic growth was something Obama couldn't dream of yet there is not a shred of evidence that ANY metric has grown more than it did during some of Obama's years(which again isn't all attributable to his policy either).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Uh what? I pointed out that all the metrics were all better or the same under Obama? You realize we had the record high of both discouraged workers under the Trump admin right? https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet You have yet to provide a single metric that has been better under the Trump admin. And again I'm not saying Trump has screwed up the economy, I'm just pointing out that arguing that Trump has some how exceeded the Obama regime economically is false. And I didn't start this discussion. You said that the economic growth was something Obama couldn't dream of yet there is not a shred of evidence that ANY metric has grown more than it did during some of Obama's years(which again isn't all attributable to his policy either).
        Please show me again how the economy was better under Obama? I honestly haven’t seen that from you or elsewhere, so I am willing to examine. Thanks!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
          Trump is trying to execute what he was elected to do which is refreshing for a Republican. His style is what may be necessary to carry out an agenda that is not popular with rinos, has deep state resistance, and a ruthless media. He's an unapologetic patriot that has the country pointed in the right direction. Obama could only dream of the economic growth that has occurred over the past 12 month.
          I don’t in anyway believe that “his style is necessary.” It seems to have some efficacy depending on your metric. Overall I’m pleased with the policies that have been put into effect, but not sure that I am “happy with the direction of the country.” Most likely, I am happier with the direction of the country than I would have been had Hillary been elected.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• shoxplode
            shoxplode commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for commenting wufan. Please elaborate how you are happy with his policies put in effect but not happy with the direction of the country. Is this attributed with Trump? By his style, I mean it takes a bully to beat a bully in its simplest terms.

Your Bureau of Labor STATISTICS link is not working at the moment. Must be the government shutdown. You really think a government survey of discouraged workers is hard data? ....Again with the statistics

Comment

• ShockCrazy
            ShockCrazy commented
            Editing a comment
            Well you have nothing else to show for it, so we can either go with what ever limited data we actually have or your anecdotal things were worse!

• shoxplode
            shoxplode commented
            Editing a comment
            I've replied to your other two posts with facts and examples of job growth. Those specific job growth examples are just the tip of the iceberg. Either you haven't read them or you are pretending none of it exists because you have no rebuttal. Are you saying that all those jobs that were mentioned are anecdotal or that the US jobless claims are at a 45 year low is inaccurate?

• ShockCrazy
            ShockCrazy commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are anecdotes of potential job growth. The actual job growth numbers have been the slowest since 2009. https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0..._view=net_1mth Posting anecdotes of ALL these companies thinking about expanding isn't data nor is it reality yet. Ah so now we are going to attribute jobless rate which has been declining since 09 to the single year of Trump in office.

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Please show me again how the economy was better under Obama? I honestly haven’t seen that from you or elsewhere, so I am willing to examine. Thanks!
          My premise is less that it was better, but mostly that we are just having more of the same despite illusions that's Trump is fixing things. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bac891abdcbb This contains lots data using the Census Bureau stats. There are years where 2017 out achieved years of Obama's terms, but there are also years of Obama's term that surpassed this. Attributing a growing economy(one that may be artificially so, and that will have blame for multiple presidents), to Trump is dumb.

Comment

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            Fair enough. The first year is not a great indicator and “more of the same” improvements/status quo activity is reasonable.

• ShockCrazy
            ShockCrazy commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure. I have no problem with that since the economy has been on a steady climb for nearly a decade now. I just disagree with people acting like Trump has done anything to affect that(positive or negative). I have very real concerns about the tax bill though. Things right now look eerily similar to the mid 1920's and it seems like we haven't learned from that.

• Curious as to why things look similar to the 1920s? Also, what are your specific concerns with the tax bill? I like it because it fits into my political ideals in many ways. That said, changes in tax systems can have either negative or positive effects regardless of whether they are cuts or increases.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Both the investigation into Hillary's email scandal and the investigation into Trump's supposed Russian collusion are so tainted and corrupt it's unbelievable.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• This whole charade has been nothing but a ******* "false equivalent" from the very beginning:

Most rational people sniffed this one out a year or two ago.

If one didn't know any better they'd have to assume that Obabama and the DOJ must have thought average Americans were dumb, stupid, or both... oh, wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                Curious as to why things look similar to the 1920s? Also, what are your specific concerns with the tax bill? I like it because it fits into my political ideals in many ways. That said, changes in tax systems can have either negative or positive effects regardless of whether they are cuts or increases.
                It's similar because we are reaching a wealth inequality not seen since the 20's right now the top 1% owns over 40% of the wealth, and this issue isn't about people having more than other's, it about money getting slow. Money getting slow means that money is being made significantly faster than it's being spent at the highest levels, this tax bill further exacerbates this. We are also going through a bubble in the stock market(experts almost all agree), you can tell it's a bubble because growth in jobs and wages aren't matching stock indices. Another indicator of the bubble is that productivity is soaring but again hours worked isn't, automation is pushing this. What happens to our economy when automation entirely puts a large industry out of work in the next decade or so(commercial trucking)? I really suggest people look into the contributing factors of the Great Depression and what the 20's looked like headed in. Hint, it's veeeery similar: soaring economy, rich getting richer, artificial growth, and follow that up with a tax bill that lets those people keep more of their money. Now I'm not suggesting we are headed to a Great Depression because there are controls in place and theoretically we are smarter now, but the bubble will pop. And it will hurt a loooot of people. Oh and I never even mentioned skyrocketing consumer debt, mostly off the back of rising education costs, and that earners aren't going to be able to keep up with the debt if wages don't grow.

I challenge people to actually pay attention to how the tax bill really helps you. Yeah you'll see a marginal cut, but is that going to drastically change your life? Is it going to be entirely discretionary spending? If the answer is no to either of these questions, then that should show you that you aren't among the true beneficiaries. And people will talk about all these new jobs that are going to come around because of the corporate tax rate, but why exactly are we begging for number of jobs? Employment is at record lows as many Trump supports like to shout. What we need isn't increase in jobs, we need an increase in wages, and this does not fix that. Cutting taxes isn't going to convince whatever company or corporation you work for that you are suddenly worth more money.e

Comment

• Obama used "executive privilege" to protect the email exchange between himself and Hillary, using her private email address, under the pretense that it was between the President and the Secretary of State. Now that Trump is President, can he use "executive privilege" to review those emails, since a communication between a former President and former Secretary of State could/should have very real consequences pertinent to his job?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Obama used "executive privilege" to protect the email exchange between himself and Hillary, using her private email address, under the pretense that it was between the President and the Secretary of State. Now that Trump is President, can he use "executive privilege" to review those emails, since a communication between a former President and former Secretary of State could/should have very real consequences pertinent to his job?
                    That's not how executive privilege works.

Edit explanation: That would be like hiring someone who was an attorney to someone you want dirt on and saying well they are no longer your client, tell me what they told you. That's just not how it works.
                    Last edited by ShockCrazy; January 24, 2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

That's not how executive privilege works.

Edit explanation: That would be like hiring someone who was an attorney to someone you want dirt on and saying well they are no longer your client, tell me what they told you. That's just not how it works.
                      Are you saying that POTUS' executive privilege and attorney/client privilege are the same thing?

Comment

• Kung Wu
                        Kung Wu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, that makes sense. I see that I misused "executive privilege" earlier. From a continuity standpoint, it's practically a necessity that a current POTUS can see non-private communications, even if once claimed to be privileged, between a former POTUS and a former Secretary.

• jdshock
                        jdshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Absolutely. It's actually one of the funnier things I've seen recently in regards to this rumored "memo" going around congress about the Obama administration and its corruption. Everyone has been tweeting out "#ReleaseTheMemo" and I saw Donald Trump Jr tweeted it, but almost certainly his father is one of the few individuals who actually, truly has the authority to declassify just about anything he wants to.

• Kung Wu
                        Kung Wu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Memo? Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis? I haven't heard of it or seen anything about it.

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Are you saying that POTUS' executive privilege and attorney/client privilege are the same thing?
                      They are based around the same thing, that's the point of the nomenclature PRIVILEGE. It give the people who participated in a conversation under certain circumstances the right to not disclose it to those who weren't party to that conversation. Executive privilege is no different. I have no idea what you think executive privilege is supposed to mean.

Comment

Working...
                      X