Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r
    Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    How come the same can't be said for Hillary?
    It absolutely can, should and has been said about Hillary. IMHO, neither Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump are fit to be POTUS. Period.

Of course, this has been true and apparent for quite some time now as I see it and is why I concluded I would not vote for either of these candidates quite some time ago.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 9, 2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Almost like this wasn't totally foreseeable from a dude who bragged about boning married women and his own affairs in books and articles spanning more than a decade. How many more clips like this one are out there?

More than a dozen R senators and house members have withdrawn support already today. The next 48 hours are gonna see some wild House of Cards level jockeying behind closed doors, and down-ballot stakes are huge.

Trump needs to drop out but he will never do it on these terms IMO. Watching this play out will be so fascinating.

Comment

• What's more likely, that Trump would attempt sexual assault or that he's a highly insecure person who says what he thinks will make people like him?

If he really wants to Make America Great Again, he will step aside.

I can't see it happening.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• The saddest part is the Republicans who are mindlessly using the "but look what Bill did!" defense rather than seizing this opportunity to press for change at the top of the ticket. You have to be totally brainwashed to think "See God, the Philistines are doing it too!!!" is remotely principled, persuasive or tactically useful.

The nativist, big-government wing of the party has shown they can't do anything but burn the house down. Put an adult back in charge. This is the last chance and an unexpected one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            The saddest part is the Republicans who are mindlessly using the "but look what Bill did!" defense rather than seizing this opportunity to press for change at the top of the ticket. You have to be totally brainwashed to think "See God, the Philistines are doing it too!!!" is remotely principled, persuasive or tactically useful.

The nativist, big-government wing of the party has shown they can't do anything but burn the house down. Put an adult back in charge. This is the last chance and an unexpected one.
            But....
            The Democrats refuse to look at what Hillary has done. In fact, the whole strategy has been "What difference does it make anyway" followed by anti Trump ads.

I guess it works, though. Bunch of sheep.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• We need to forget the Hillary and Trump threads and start a "Save the Senate" thread. Character counts and there is none at the top of either ticket

Comment

• Add Condoleezza Rice to the rapidly growing list of Republicans who are demanding Trump drop out.

At this point it seems fair to say his remaining supporters must love losing to Hillary since he is running the worst general election campaign during our lifetimes. Replace him and we have a shot, at least. Continue to make excuses for him, OTOH, and enjoy making even more when he garners about 130 EVs and gift wraps the Senate for the Dems.

Comment

• Pence/Carson ticket looks really good right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    It absolutely can, should and has been said about Hillary. IMHO, neither Hillary Clinton of Donald Trump are fit to be POTUS. Period.

Of course, this has been true and apparent for quite some time now as I see it and is why I concluded I would not vote for either of these candidates quite some time ago.
                    I'm not voting for either candidate, so it's not like I'm coming to Trump's defense, but I kust don't understand how nothing sticks to her. Well, it sticks, even her supporters don't like her, but they still support her.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      I'm not voting for either candidate, so it's not like I'm coming to Trump's defense, but I kust don't understand how nothing sticks to her. Well, it sticks, even her supporters don't like her, but they still support her.
                      Some of the most damming revelations to come from the latest Wikileaks dump has been just how much coordination there is between the Democrats and the Media.

And here I just thought they were all liberals and thought the same.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                        We need to forget the Hillary and Trump threads and start a "Save the Senate" thread. Character counts and there is none at the top of either ticket
                        As far as a presidential vote I would humbly and respectfully suggest that you consider the following:

Comment

• Trump has created an excruciating moment for evangelicals

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/10/09/donald-trump-has-created-an-excruciating-moment-for-evangelicals/

Comment

• Paul Ryan announces he is focusing solely on defending the Congressional majority, will not be defending Trump going forward.

NBC/WSJ released the first major poll taken entirely after the video broke late Friday - it shows an 11 point Hillary advantage in a 4-way race, and a 14 point Hillary advantage H2H. Prior iterations of this poll reflected a skew of ~3-5% beyond what national averages had shown at that time, so a person might try to extrapolate that Trump will be down 6-9 points in national averages once pus**gate is fully baked in later this week.

Betting odds peg him at 17%, the lowest since H2H tracking started back in May.

Last night probably kept him in the race by pulling out every stop imaginable to appease his base, but there was no headway made with moderates and undecideds. He has an incredible amount of ground to make up in a very short time.

The hail marys down the stretch are going to be something.
                            Last edited by Play Angry; October 10, 2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• This is a very interesting breakdown of each candidate's ground game.

Clinton presently has 489 field offices set up and Trump has 178 (2.75:1 ratio). The article states that Obama had 790 vs. Romney's 283 in 2012 (2.79:1 ratio).

IF GOTV resources are any indication, Trump is betting his entire stack of chips on flipping Pennsylvania. I am surprised that it looks like he effectively conceded Michigan and New Hampshire over the summer.

Republicans have really fallen behind in ground game in the post-GWB/Rove era.

Comment

• Does that 489 number include 95% of the newspaper and television station offices across the country?

You don't need much of a ground game when those entities are shilling for you 24/7.

Disclaimer: This is not a pro-Trump or pro-Republican post. This is an anti-media post.

Comment

Working...
                                X