Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Even if the extremely remote possibility that the Senate would convict President Trump he could still run for re-election in 2020. What I don't know for sure is if he was removed from office early if he would then be eligible for two more terms? I don't think this faux impeachment would dissuade any of his supporters to abandon him if he decides to run again.
    Originally posted by Article 1 Section 3
    Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.
    I don't think he could run again. I would interpret the "disqualification to hold and enjoy" to mean he couldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

I don't think he could run again. I would interpret the "disqualification to hold and enjoy" to mean he couldn't.
      That make sense. Thought I heard he could run again but either that was wrong or I misheard it. I don't think it will be an issue in any case. Even if he doesn't run again for whatever reason I don't thing the Republicans will have any trouble fielding a stronger candidate than anything the Democrats are offering right now. Certainly the policies being promoted by the Democrats are pretty deficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

True. I'm thinking Ivanka would make a pretty good POTUS.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Speaking of flying under the radar: US Attorney John Huber Is Alive and Well

https://www.redstate.com/stu-in-sd/2...er-alive-well/

I think it pretty clear that the FISA court abuse and the investigation of the origins of the Russia Hoax is be handled by John Durham.

So that would leave Huber to focus on the Clinton, Inc. issues but you hear absolutely nothing about that. The Clintons have never been held accountable for anything they have done.

I kind of doubt that will happen at this late date but who knows.

Comment

• So by their own admission, the Democrats are threatening to withhold the articles of impeachment in the house -- because their case isn't strong enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              So by their own admission, the Democrats are threatening to withhold the articles of impeachment in the house -- because their case isn't strong enough.
              There is some irony to this scheme which I believed was dreamed up by Lawrence Tribe.

1) After impeaching Trump for supposed obstruction of House, Pelosi moves to obstruct the Senate

2) After denying Trump any due process, Pelosi is now denying him a speedy trial

3) Refusing to transmit impeachment articles undercuts Democrats’ claim that Trump is an “urgent threat” to America

4) Democrats continue to destroy norms and institutions while claiming Trump is the real norm destroyer

5) This move by Pelosi would seem to be a Quid Pro Quo which we have been told is very bad

Comment

Definitely 'easier' on the eyes...
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There is some irony to this scheme which I believed was dreamed up by Lawrence Tribe.

1) After impeaching Trump for supposed obstruction of House, Pelosi moves to obstruct the Senate

2) After denying Trump any due process, Pelosi is now denying him a speedy trial

3) Refusing to transmit impeachment articles undercuts Democrats’ claim that Trump is an “urgent threat” to America

4) Democrats continue to destroy norms and institutions while claiming Trump is the real norm destroyer

5) This move by Pelosi would seem to be a Quid Pro Quo which we have been told is very bad
                  Breaking News: Adam Schifforbrains says a whistleblower heard someone say that they heard someone commenting that they had heard Santa offering a toy to some little guy if he would just look for bad behavior of his little sister. Now the FBI has brought charges against Santa for Quid Pro Quo and the democrats now want to impeach Santa before Christmas.

Hold on, there's more...

Santa Claus Accused Of Quid Pro Quo For Giving Children Gifts In Exchange For Good Behavior

U.S.—Legislators have begun to hold hearings on impeaching Santa Claus after an overheard conversation seemed to imply he was offering a quid pro quo: gifts in exchange for good behavior.

FBI agents spied on Claus at various malls as he repeatedly said things like, "Sure, I'll get you a pony. But first, I need you to do something for me... be a good little boy!" The FBI was able to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Claus, because it's easier to get a FISA warrant than to get a Costco membership.

"Ho ho noooooo!" Santa Claus cried as investigators leaped out and cuffed him at a Dayton, OH mall. "Not good! Sad!"

"It was a perfect conversation," Claus said, defending himself in a series of fiery tweets. "Absolutely perfect. I was simply talking to little Billy and asked him to keep tabs on his sister, Sally, who has been involved in some corruption. Who doesn't want to stop corruption? Did I offer Billy a new Nintendo Switch in exchange for his good behavior? Possibly. Am I planning on giving Sally coal because she's a little punk? Maybe. Where's my lawyer?"

Unfortunately, he was assigned a public defender, who turned out to be Rudy Giuliani.

Last edited by Kung Wu; December 19, 2019, 06:25 PM.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
                    Time for the Repubs to start finding a candidate for 2020
                    What's the over/under on who vacates their seat first?

RBG.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

What's the over/under on who vacates their seat first?

RBG.jpg
                      Every time I see that photo I'm convinced further the seat has already been vacated. I'm thinking body double at this point. If she truly does still live you know she's got pacemakers, defibrillators, portable oxygen and dialysis machines, and she's sprinkling antibiotics and radiation on her cheerios in the morning. If they were smart they would just do like we did with Dick Cheney and go full cyborg. That boy lived for years with no heart lol.

T

Comment

• I heard yesterday on the radio (Mark Levin, maybe?) that one of the Constitutional scholars the Dems used in the hearings has said that until the House passes the articles to the Senate for trial, the President has not technically been impeached by the House.

Comment

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Comment

• Now that the impeachment vote is over (until the next one) the Democrats have turned their attention to William Barr and John Durham:: Eleven Members of Congress Demand Barr and Durham Resign

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2019/12/20/752996/

Hmmm! This sort of feels like an attempt to obstruct justice. While Obstruction of Congress is not actually a crime obstruction of justice is.

By the way here is one of the eleven elites who know what is best of us who signed this letter:

Comment

• Holy crap. He really did say he was concerned about Guam becoming so overpopulated it would capsize. I just ... I mean .... I can't .... holy crap.

Comment

Rolling Stone Magazine, not exactly a bastion of right wing perspectives weighs in on the Horowitz report with a surprisingly honest take.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-media-924944/

Here is how the article starts:

The Guardian headline reads: “DOJ Internal watchdog report clears FBI of illegal surveillance of Trump adviser.”

If the report released Monday by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz constitutes a “clearing” of the FBI, never clear me of anything. Holy God, what a clown show the Trump-Russia investigation was.
                                The Horowitz Report is incredible and horrifying. I assume the Dems and their communication outlets at CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc. will ignore it as much as they can and I create stories attacking Barr and Durham. The FBI lied, falsified documents, and withheld exculpatory evidence so they could spy on an American and try to find dirt on a politician they don't like. This is banana republic stuff and should be front page news until the perp walks begin. Either Christopher Wray raises hell or he needs to go.

Related to this...I need to hear someone that is sympathetic to the impeachment explain how it is OK for Trump's campaign to be spied on during a race and then get investigated for 2 years for being a Russian stooge of all things, but Joe Biden is somehow protected from being investigated. Everyone says getting corruption out of Ukraine is in our national interest. The Biden situation is screaming for an investigation but apparently if you are running for office you are exempt, unless of course you are Donald Trump. I guess Orange Man Bad justifies anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X