Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    I know you are mostly trolling and are in the "This sucks, but I'll hold my nose and vote for Trump" camp and not the "Yes, he's MY guy!" category, but really - how does a conservative explain their support for Trump to an 8 year old?

Hillary being Hillary is a great reason not to vote for her. She is a prototypical post-Wallace democrat candidate who is somewhere to the left of (Bill) Clinton and Al Gore, and somewhere slightly right of Michael Dukakis, John Kerry and President Obama. Opposing her is certainly dutiful for conservatives given her ideological bent. Voting Trump, however, affirmatively abandons post-Goldwater conservative principles and embraces an alternative who (i) embodies the personal traits conservatives have long-despised the most in Hillary, (ii) holds ideological positions that are often at loggerheads with long-championed conservative ideas, and (iii) purposely utilizes inflammatory rhetoric to prey on the basest emotional susceptibilities of his base to a degree equal to or greater than any major-party candidate in modern history. It is essentially choosing sides on the playground behind a bully because the other option is an equally bad kid, probably worse, and the only reason anyone can come up with is "well, at least he's not (that other bully)." That's a tough adult action to explain to a kid when you teach them their whole lives to do otherwise.

Conservative support of Trump is such an extreme exercise in pragmatism at a potentially tremendous cost to the right's own brand.
    Your mistake is you are assuming everybody in the Republican Party is a conservative. What you are finding is the true conservative ideologues are a minority in the Republican Party.

Pray the justice department/FBI do their job and the democrats are forced to get another nominee that is a better option than trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      Trump...
      Fans the flames of hatred between groups of people.
      Does what is best for himself at the expense of others.

I think the analogy was pretty on point.
      You're a pretty funny guy. You completely gloss over the fact that Gillsry as been fanning the flames in f man-hating feminists.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        What has Obama done to create the biggest race divide in recent history? And what is your definition of a race divide?
        One of many examples is a little place called Ferguson, Missouri--you may have heard of it--the birthplace of Black Lives Matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
          Oh this is gonna be really good. But didnt you know @jdshock: according to people who think this... race was never an issue before Obama took office.
          I always forget. Sometimes I get caught thinking that racial disparity has existed in this country for centuries, and then I remember that Abe Lincoln solved everything and race is only a problem again because we have a black president. My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
            One of many examples is a little place called Ferguson, Missouri--you may have heard of it--the birthplace of Black Lives Matter.
            That would probably be the best example. Others would be the Travon Martin thing, any mass shooting carried out by a white person, but Ferguson is top on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                I always forget. Sometimes I get caught thinking that racial disparity has existed in this country for centuries, and then I remember that Abe Lincoln solved everything and race is only a problem again because we have a black president. My bad.
                Kinda like how before rap music and video games no one was ever killed in this country. These two things happened and boom murders everywhere.

Comment

Kinda like how before rap music and video games no one was ever killed in this country. These two things happened and boom murders everywhere.
                  how do you explain Chicago over the weekend - 43 wounded, 9 killed in gang violence? White conservative gangs from Idaho in town that weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    You're a pretty funny guy. You completely gloss over the fact that Gillsry as been fanning the flames in f man-hating feminists.
                    I didn't gloss over Hillary. I simply focused on Trump since he is the title of the thread.

I am no Hillary fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      how do you explain Chicago over the weekend - 43 wounded, 9 killed in gang violence? White conservative gangs from Idaho in town that weekend?
                      You can troll better than this.

Comment

• Obama's fault. He didn't do an executive order banning the ability of cell phones to shoot videos.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• On average, 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, according to the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports. Using FBI and CDC statistics, Professor Johnson calculates that 112 black men, on average, suffered both justified and unjustified police-involved deaths annually during this period.

This equals 2.5 percent of these 4,472 yearly deaths. For every black man — criminal or innocent — killed by a cop, 40 black men were murdered by other black men. The, at most, 2.5 percent of the problem generates relentless rage. And, yet, it is rude-to-racist to mention 97.5 percent of the problem.
                          I will believe that black lives matter when that group goes after 97.5 percent as hard as they go after the 2.5 percent.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post
                            On average, 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, according to the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports. Using FBI and CDC statistics, Professor Johnson calculates that 112 black men, on average, suffered both justified and unjustified police-involved deaths annually during this period.

This equals 2.5 percent of these 4,472 yearly deaths. For every black man — criminal or innocent — killed by a cop, 40 black men were murdered by other black men. The, at most, 2.5 percent of the problem generates relentless rage. And, yet, it is rude-to-racist to mention 97.5 percent of the problem.
                            I will believe that black lives matter when that group goes after 97.5 percent as hard as they go after the 2.5 percent.
                            Sit this one out champ.

Comment

Sit this one out champ.
                              Normal liberal response - shut (or should I say shout) down anybody with opposite view. The liberal manta is "my way or the highway".

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                Normal liberal response - shut (or should I say shout) down anybody with opposite view. The liberal manta is "my way or the highway".
                                Is that what it means to be a liberal? Because here's how you react to opposing viewpoints...

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                Pagan
                                Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X