Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    That's the entire problem with that ideology. It should be class privilege, not (insert race) privilege.

Let's take a ride together around rural Appalachia or the rural Ozarks and you tell me the privilege those poor white people have over poor black people in urban areas. You'd struggle to compile a list of much of anything.

Black folks total just under 18% of the Federal Government's workforce where the average salary is over $84K per year, yet they make up just under 9% of the US population. Racial preferences in hiring for jobs that average over twice the typical US individual salary is what you actually might call a privilege, by definition.
    The idea that it needs to be one over the other just completely misses the boat. Just because one group of people got screwed over, it doesn't mean that another didn't get screwed over. I hope you would agree with that premise from a logical stand point: it's possible that there is such a thing as race based privilege as well as class based privilege.

If the assumption is true that black people get pulled over more frequently than white people (wealthy black people get pulled over more frequently than wealthy white people, and poor black people get pulled over more frequently than poor white people), that would be an example of white privilege.

I'm interested in your employment statistics. Where did you get that from? It seems a little bit like cherry picking. Do black people also make up a disproportionately large portion of the highest tax bracket? According to the BLS statistics, black people have lower mean and median incomes in the United States than white people.

Edit: I just now realized what you did with your data. It's not even close to a logical application of the data. It tells me nothing about the wages of those individual people. Are black people receiving preference at the highest level jobs? At the lowest level jobs? At all levels? You can't just throw out a mean income and some other stat about demographics and prove your point. Hypothetically, if all of the black people were at low level positions, that would actually indicate a bias against black people.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      So you used government welfare to pay for your college?

I admit this is a dramatization of the GI Bill. I certainly wouldn't be here without the GI Bill. Both of my grandparents and my father were beneficiaries of it. And they deserved it for their service. But it is a form of welfare.
      I took advantage of the benifits afforded my service to the nation. I would say it was more of a government investment in myself since they actually got a return in from the amount of taxes they get from me.

Comment

How is this any different than what Donald Trump is doing right now?
        Since I'm not a fan of Donald trump - you won't get me disagreeing with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post
          On average, 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, according to the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports. Using FBI and CDC statistics, Professor Johnson calculates that 112 black men, on average, suffered both justified and unjustified police-involved deaths annually during this period.

This equals 2.5 percent of these 4,472 yearly deaths. For every black man — criminal or innocent — killed by a cop, 40 black men were murdered by other black men. The, at most, 2.5 percent of the problem generates relentless rage. And, yet, it is rude-to-racist to mention 97.5 percent of the problem.
          I will believe that black lives matter when that group goes after 97.5 percent as hard as they go after the 2.5 percent.
          I actually thought this was a reasonable response. The fact that some problems are sensationalized doesn't make them more severe than less publicized issues. I watched The Bonfire of the Vanities this weekend, and while it's not particularly good as a movie, it had a message that was very relevant in today's society.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• I have a reply for you jdshock, with a response and links, but I only get a 403 Forbidden when I try and post it, no matter what I do. Strangest issue I've had on this forum.

Gotta go right now, but I might try a Word doc screen capture later or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I actually thought this was a reasonable response. The fact that some problems are sensationalized doesn't make them more severe than less publicized issues. I watched The Bonfire of the Vanities this weekend, and while it's not particularly good as a movie, it had a message that was very relevant in today's society.
              Because its irrelevant to the original premise of Obama is the reason for our cou tries racial divide. And the fact that stats for black on black crime are being used is laughable for simple fact that out of those situations involved i would assume there was as close go a 100% arrest and conviction rate. And firther more its misleading especially when people such as this poster says equvically "ill respect black people when they start doing something about these numbers" completley negating the fact that most crime happens within their own community. The numbers for white on white would be crazy to say the least.

Bottom line is I as well as many people whoild have mich more respect if he and others would come out and take the stance of "Go **** your self ******" because thats what they want to say

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                If there is a country on earth where there is more economic mobility and freedom, the main cause is the US Federal Govt.
                Huh?
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                  Because its irrelevant to the original premise of Obama is the reason for our cou tries racial divide. And the fact that stats for black on black crime are being used is laughable for simple fact that out of those situations involved i would assume there was as close go a 100% arrest and conviction rate. And firther more its misleading especially when people such as this poster says equvically "ill respect black people when they start doing something about these numbers" completley negating the fact that most crime happens within their own community. The numbers for white on white would be crazy to say the least.

Bottom line is I as well as many people whoild have mich more respect if he and others would come out and take the stance of "Go **** your self ******" because thats what they want to say
                  Just because you want to tell people to eff off, that doesn't mean everyone you disagree with wants to tell you that too. I hoestly do not understand why people don't take responsibility for their actions. Being shot while in pursuit by police is an unfortunate risk of breaking the law. Don't want to be shot? Don't steal. Perhaps he steals because of his unfortunate circumstance? If you believe that then the best thing to do would be to put all poor people in prison to protect them from being shot and to prevent their future crimes. After all, they are predestined by their circumstance to fail at life.

I refuse to belief that the worth of a person is defined by their race or income, and I will not rob an individual the opportunity to succeed or fail because of the circumstance in which they were born.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Just because you want to tell people to eff off, that doesn't mean everyone you disagree with wants to tell you that too. I hoestly do not understand why people don't take responsibility for their actions. Being shot while in pursuit by police is an unfortunate risk of breaking the law. Don't want to be shot? Don't steal. Perhaps he steals because of his unfortunate circumstance? If you believe that then the best thing to do would be to put all poor people in prison to protect them from being shot and to prevent their future crimes. After all, they are predestined by their circumstance to fail at life.

I refuse to belief that the worth of a person is defined by their race or income, and I will not rob an individual the opportunity to succeed or fail because of the circumstance in which they were born.
                    Nice well thought out response. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with what is being talked about.

Comment

So you used government welfare to pay for your college?

I admit this is a dramatization of the GI Bill. I certainly wouldn't be here without the GI Bill. Both of my grandparents and my father were beneficiaries of it. And they deserved it for their service. But it is a form of welfare.

Goodness gracious, no it isn't. It's an incentive available to prospective employees. Your 401k is not welfare, neither is the GI Bill.

Crazy.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Goodness gracious, no it isn't. It's an incentive available to prospective employees. Your 401k is not welfare, neither is the GI Bill.

Crazy.
                        But I'm paying for it!!!!!111!

Comment

But I'm paying for it!!!!!111!
                          So. That doesn't make it welfare. Is the highway you're driving on welfare? Because you're paying for it!!!!111!
                          Last edited by Kung Wu; May 12, 2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            So. That doesn't make it welfare. Is the highway your driving on welfare? Because you're paying for it!!!!111!
                            I'm only trolling which, as it too often seems today, is what a majority of political discourse has become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                              Nice well thought out response. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with what is being talked about.
                              Well the original premise was that the country is now more racially divided than it was prior to Obama. When an example was requested, the BLM movement was sited as a reason. This was refuted, since black people are victims of white people. My argument was that people are not victims and that groups like BLM take advantage of these peoples misfortune in an effort to further racially divide the population based on two classes: "victims" and "racists".

I do not believe in that model as justified above. Perhaps you were not part of this discussion?
                              Last edited by wufan; May 11, 2016, 08:37 PM.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                I just now realized what you did with your data. It's not even close to a logical application of the data. It tells me nothing about the wages of those individual people. Are black people receiving preference at the highest level jobs? At the lowest level jobs? At all levels? You can't just throw out a mean income and some other stat about demographics and prove your point. Hypothetically, if all of the black people were at low level positions, that would actually indicate a bias against black people.
                                It'll be easier to start from the top ...

Barack Obama, President, black
                                John Kerry, Secretary of State, pasty, super filthy rich class too
                                Ashton Carter, Secretary of Defense, white
                                Loretta Lynch, Attorney General, black
                                John King Jr., Secretary of Education, black
                                Jacob Lew, Secretary of Treasury, white, oh my God a jew!! :)
                                Sally Jewell, ... Interior, white woman, oh my God a Brit!! :)
                                Tom Vilsack, ... Agriculture, white
                                Jeh Johnson, ... Homeland Security, black
                                Penny Pritzker, ... Commerce, white woman, uber rich class
                                Thomas Perez, ... Labor, white/latino?
                                Anthony Foxx, ... Transportation, black

Ehh, there's a couple more white dudes, one or more hispanic dudes and a couple white chicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X