Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    I honestly struggle to understand how his supporters will explain this vote to their small children and grandchildren.
    Hillary Clinton?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Hillary Clinton?
      I know you are mostly trolling and are in the "This sucks, but I'll hold my nose and vote for Trump" camp and not the "Yes, he's MY guy!" category, but really - how does a conservative explain their support for Trump to an 8 year old?

Hillary being Hillary is a great reason not to vote for her. She is a prototypical post-Wallace democrat candidate who is somewhere to the left of (Bill) Clinton and Al Gore, and somewhere slightly right of Michael Dukakis, John Kerry and President Obama. Opposing her is certainly dutiful for conservatives given her ideological bent. Voting Trump, however, affirmatively abandons post-Goldwater conservative principles and embraces an alternative who (i) embodies the personal traits conservatives have long-despised the most in Hillary, (ii) holds ideological positions that are often at loggerheads with long-championed conservative ideas, and (iii) purposely utilizes inflammatory rhetoric to prey on the basest emotional susceptibilities of his base to a degree equal to or greater than any major-party candidate in modern history. It is essentially choosing sides on the playground behind a bully because the other option is an equally bad kid, probably worse, and the only reason anyone can come up with is "well, at least he's not (that other bully)." That's a tough adult action to explain to a kid when you teach them their whole lives to do otherwise.

Conservative support of Trump is such an extreme exercise in pragmatism at a potentially tremendous cost to the right's own brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Meanwhile the businessman was on the top deck lowering lifeboats.
        Trump is the businessman inciting rioting on the upper deck, telling groups of people that if they push other groups of people overboard, there will be more room left on the lifeboats for them and "their kind of people". Meanwhile, he is securing the really nice 50 person lifeboat for just he and his wife. The other 48 spots? Extra legroom!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Trump is the businessman inciting rioting on the upper deck, telling groups of people that if they push other groups of people overboard, there will be more room left on the lifeboats for them and "their kind of people". Meanwhile, he is securing the really nice 50 person lifeboat for just he and his wife. The other 48 spots? Extra legroom!
          I'm not a Trump fan, but that's quite a bit of hyperbole.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            In an internet political forum, on Shockernet no less.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              In an internet political forum, on Shockernet no less.
              And from the "Stats Guy" no less.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Is there some way I can group KU into a discussion about Trump?

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  Trump...
                  Fans the flames of hatred between groups of people.
                  Does what is best for himself at the expense of others.

I think the analogy was pretty on point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    Trump...

While I don't disagree that Trump does that, Obama (who Hillary says she will be a continuation of) has created the biggest race divide in recent history, so I'm not convinced she wouldn't continue that as well.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      While I don't disagree that Trump does that, Obama (who Hillary says she will be a continuation of) has created the biggest race divide in recent history, so I'm not convinced she wouldn't continue that as well.
                      What has Obama done to create the biggest race divide in recent history? And what is your definition of a race divide?

Comment

• This is gonna get good.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          What has Obama done to create the biggest race divide in recent history? And what is your definition of a race divide?
                          Oh this is gonna be really good. But didnt you know @jdshock: according to people who think this... race was never an issue before Obama took office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            Is there some way I can group KU into a discussion about Trump?
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                              you must be shitting me

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                Is there some way I can group KU into a discussion about Trump?
                                Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                                Trump...

Wow, there really is an easy way to group Trump and KU into the same discussion. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X