• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    You can troll better than this.
    that's it, ignore this

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Normal liberal response - shut (or should I say shout) down anybody with opposite view. The liberal manta is "my way or the highway".
      Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Comment

how do you explain Chicago over the weekend - 43 wounded, 9 killed in gang violence? White conservative gangs from Idaho in town that weekend?
        Maybe it has to do with systematic oppression and poverty leading to no hopes for generations but to try to steal, sell drugs, and take money from each other?

There's no easy way to fix it but you can't deny that the current american system of education, privilege, and wealth doesn't dramatically favor white people.

I hate when African Americans force white people to feel guilty for their privilege, but you should at least be able to acknowledge your privilege.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
          Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt
          Perfectly applies to you.

Comment

• Economic mobility in this country is, for the most part, a myth.

Even for middle-class Americans.

Comment

Perfectly applies to you.
              Why dont you go make a pie chart and cry about it?
              Last edited by Awesome Sauce Malone; May 11, 2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• I think most white people who belabor "white privilege" are individuals who actually came from privilege. They're simply projecting their circumstances and upbringing on everyone else with the same skin color.

Allow me to let white SJW's in on a little secret (not necessarily aimed at wsushox1): not all of us got a car bought for us in high school, got our college paid for, got our first job out of school via family connections, or got a nice free 20% down on our first home. Many of us crackers had none of that, ESPECIALLY students/alums from a school like WSU, and what we have has come about through our own volition - completely. So white SJW's can shove that whole "white privilidge" bullshit up the kootches of all the Whos over at the Whoville Country Club and Junior League.

Peace...

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Maybe it has to do with systematic oppression and poverty leading to no hopes for generations but to try to steal, sell drugs, and take money from each other?

There's no easy way to fix it but you can't deny that the current american system of education, privilege, and wealth doesn't dramatically favor white people.

I hate when African Americans force white people to feel guilty for their privilege, but you should at least be able to acknowledge your privilege.
                  no doubt that it is difficult for a gang-banger to become chairman of the board

Comment

Privilege? I came from a small farming community with a family who had no way of paying for my college education. So I worked my way through college via the U.S. Military scholarships and student loans and then GI Bill for a master degree. Because that was the only way I was going to get out. Everybody has that ability regardless of their ethnicity or gender.

There are injustices everywhere. Kai pointed it out in another thread about how medical costs are handled, there was a guy who built a lake on his property and they EPA was going to fine him millions, there is racial injustice with law enforcement, etc - but the solution is not do burn the city down.

As Obama just said the other day:

“Once you’ve highlighted an issue and brought it to people’s attention and shined a spotlight, and elected officials or people who are in a position to start bringing about change are ready to sit down with you, then you can’t just keep on yelling at them,”

Everybody wants to just yell, yell, yell - but nobody really cares about the solution.

Comment

Privilege? I came from a small farming community with a family who had no way of paying for my college education. So I worked my way through college via the U.S. Military scholarships and student loans and then GI Bill for a master degree. Because that was the only way I was going to get out. Everybody has that ability regardless of their ethnicity or gender.

There are injustices everywhere. Kai pointed it out in another thread about how medical costs are handled, there was a guy who built a lake on his property and they EPA was going to fine him millions, there is racial injustice with law enforcement, etc - but the solution is not do burn the city down.

“Once you’ve highlighted an issue and brought it to people’s attention and shined a spotlight, and elected officials or people who are in a position to start bringing about change are ready to sit down with you, then you can’t just keep on yelling at them,”

Everybody wants to just yell, yell, yell - but nobody really cares about the solution.
                      So you used government welfare to pay for your college?

I admit this is a dramatization of the GI Bill. I certainly wouldn't be here without the GI Bill. Both of my grandparents and my father were beneficiaries of it. And they deserved it for their service. But it is a form of welfare.
                      Last edited by wsushox1; May 11, 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        I think most white people who belabor "white privilege" are individuals who actually came from privilege. They're simply projecting their circumstances on everyone else with the same skin color.

Allow me to let white SJW's in on a little secret (not necessarily aimed at wsushox1): not all of us got a car bought for us in high school, got our college paid for, got our first job out of school via family connections, or got a nice free 20% down on our first home. Many of us crackers had none of that, ESPECIALLY students at a school like WSU, and what we have has come about through our own volition - completely. So white SJW's can shove that whole "white privilidge" bullshit up the kootches of all the Whos over at the Whooville Country Club and Junior League.
                        You're conflating (though, many liberals do too) white privilege and class privilege. A person need not have received their Harvard tuition from their parents to have received some benefit in their lifetime from being white.

Comment

How is this any different than what Donald Trump is doing right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            You're conflating (though, many liberals do too) white privilege and class privilege. A person need not have received their Harvard tuition from their parents to have received some benefit in their lifetime from being white.
                            That's the entire problem with that ideology. It should be class privilege, not (insert race) privilege.

Let's take a ride together around rural Appalachia or the rural Ozarks and you tell me the privilege those poor white people have over poor black people in urban areas. You'd struggle to compile a list of much of anything.

Black folks total just under 18% of the Federal Government's workforce where the average salary is over $84K per year, yet they make up just under 9% of the US population. Racial preferences in hiring for jobs that average over twice the typical US individual salary is what you actually might call a privilege, by definition.

Comment

Economic mobility in this country is, for the most part, a myth.

Even for middle-class Americans.
                              If there is a country on earth where there is more economic mobility and freedom, the main cause is the US Federal Govt.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

So you used government welfare to pay for your college?

I admit this is a dramatization of the GI Bill. I certainly wouldn't be here without the GI Bill. Both of my grandparents and my father were beneficiaries of it. And they deserved it for their service. But it is a form of welfare.
                                You should probably look for personal clarification between an entitlement and a benefit. There is a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X