No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And don't forget he had to end his citizen deputy program after one of them, who was also a big financial supporter, was convicted of molesting children.

And also the child molestation cases he ignored because the kids who were molested were Latin.

Yup, Arpaio did a real good job of protecting white people, but not much else

Comment

• I find it interesting that the same people who claim Obama was the worst President in the history of the world are justifying things Trump does by saying that Obama did things just as bad. It makes it look like "equally as bad as the worst ever" is OK when it's "your guy"..

If the things being said about Obama are true, shouldn't we expect just about anybody who got elected to be better than Obama?

There's also the "Hillary would have been worse" claim. People making that claim swear she's a criminal and should have been put in prison. The bar has been set pretty low when the President's supporters are saying he's better than someone they consider a career criminal.

It just doesn't work well to denigrate Hillary and Obama and then justify Trump by saying he's no worse than those two.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        You knew he was going to be pardoned, I knew he was going to be pardoned, everyone knew it...whether it was Trump or Pence or Bush or whomever. There wasn't a question about it
        John Kasich
        John McCain - Arizona Senator
        Jeff Flake - Arizona Senator
        Even Paul freakin' Ryan, scared as he is to take any substantive stands against Trump, came out to directly say he wouldn't have pardoned Arpaio.

Also, don't get me started with the long list of conservative writers who have strongly denounced this action.

No, it is not right to assume that he would have absolutely been pardoned by any GOP President.
        Yes, it is absolutely right to call this decision "highly controversial", regardless if you approve or not.

Comment

Our Constitutional Republic is threatened when we continue to send to Washington (and even state and local legislatures) the same career, entitled, selfish and greedy politicians year after year after year after year from BOTH sides of the aisle.

Regardless of what idiotic and trolling douchenozzles like @Jamar Howard 4 President say.
          Not all change is good. Our Constitutional Republic is strong, yet imperfect. Good, yet flawed. Improvements are desireable, of course, and folks like Trump, Arpaio, etc. are indeed a change, but for the worse, not the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            Not all change is good. Our Constitutional Republic is strong, yet imperfect. Good, yet flawed. Improvements are desireable, of course, and folks like Trump, Arpaio, etc. are indeed a change, but for the worse, not the better.
            Attached Files

Comment

Incredibly controversial???? I'm sorry, but I struggle with thinking like this. I get that "we" have our differences in spending and funding and choosing where tax dollars go, and I agree we all need to work harder to find common ground on those issues and that common ground should be a lot easier to find than it is.

This guy was elected to keep Arizona safe. I know the left's talking points so don't bother. He tried to keep innocent people safe from criminals and he didn't coddle the criminals. He absolutely deserved a pardon because for no other reason than he was doing the job he was elected to do. There is no crime if he's not elected to keep the peace.
              Arpaio was facing a misdemeanor civil contempt charge with a maximum 6 month sentence - the lowest possible contempt charge. That charge was not a result of any action that could be called "keeping Arizona safe." He didn't get it for feeding prisoners moldy bread, rotten fruit and other contaminated food. He didn't get it for the "culture of cruelty." He didn't get it for violating the constitutional rights of inmates. He didn't get it for ignoring 400 sex crimes. He didn't get it for placing prisoners in tents he personally measured at 145°F.

Maybe you think all that was necessary. But that was not what Arpaio was charged with. He was charged with contempt of court, and even if the ruling was upheld, there's realistically no way they were going to send him to jail due to age and the fact that he's already been voted out of office. Pardoning him has exactly zero practical impact on any practical issues, and will do absolutely nothing to keep Arizona safe.

Thus, regardless of Arpaio's cruelty the real issue is the fact that Trump needlessly intervened in a minor trial to reduce the power of the court. Contempt of court is a serious offence that goes to the essence of the judicial system itself: you must respect the authority of the court, you can't defy the orders of the court of our own free will, and no one is above the law.

Trump didn't pardon the cruelty, he pardoned the contempt of court charges. He wasn't justifying Arpaio's actions as "keeping Arizona safe," he was justifying the defiance of the legal system. By intervening in this symbolic trial he showed that orders passed by the court against his political allies don't need to be observed, followed or complied.

No matter your opinion on Arpaio, it is important to see the real issue here: a breakdown of the fundamental rule of law.
              Last edited by CBB_Fan; August 28, 2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                So are you saying if I start a new thread titled "Trump steps down, names Fred VanVleet as successor" you'd have to take me at my word?

You should have never told the board this fact with a full month to go.
                Guys!! I know this is OT, but there was a major hurricane two weeks ago in Texas!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Guys!! I know this is OT, but there was a major hurricane two weeks ago in Texas!
                  I've got some news for you:

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    I've got some news for you:

and you'll soon find out it's true

Comment

• Lots of deals lately with Chuck and Nancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Lots of deals lately with Chuck and Nancy.
                        Super Prez guy, Super Prez guy . . . makin' deals doesn't have to suck!

(But it usually still does)

Comment

• Making deals with Nancy Pelosi? That's just wrong. IMHO, she's pretty much the poster child for what's wrong in D.C.

Rescinding DACA, and then making a deal that seems to have Congress make DACA law, and does not include the border wall? Has Trump switched sides?

I would have sooner expected to hear that Trump was intimate with Steve Bannon than to see what's going on.

Comment

• Three more days to cobble together a vote on healthcare or else it won't be happening for at least another 12+ months (the Senate can only use the reconciliation magic bullet once per fiscal year, and team red will reportedly save their next one in the chamber for the tax bill).

Gorsuch's confirmation remains the only substantive achievement to date for this administration and this session of Congress.

Comment

• What do you expect? Trump's a loser, he has absolutely no class or couth. Perhaps if Pence has been president it would have happened,.

Comment

• Quite frankly, the best thing to come from Trump's presidency has been the discovery of Pence as a viable candidate for the next election...

Comment

Working...
                                X