No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McConnell says he recommended Merrick Garland be put in charge of the FBI. I've seen a few democrats who think that's a great move, and they are excited about the possibility of a "liberal" being tasked with investigating Trump.

I will be incredibly disappointed if Garland is stupid enough to fall for what would obviously be a strategic move to get a liberal judge out of a life-time appointment on the second most powerful court in the United States.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      McConnell says he recommended Merrick Garland be put in charge of the FBI. I've seen a few democrats who think that's a great move, and they are excited about the possibility of a "liberal" being tasked with investigating Trump.

I will be incredibly disappointed if Garland is stupid enough to fall for what would obviously be a strategic move to get a liberal judge out of a life-time appointment on the second most powerful court in the United States.
      You liberals aren't happy unless you can gripe about something are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        You liberals aren't happy unless you can gripe about something are you?
        Sometimes I think even that might not be enough.

Comment

• Trump giving an A+ effort to get impeached. Fingers crossed - a Pence presidency looks pretty good from where I'm standing.

Comment

• It has gotten interesting to watch the news again. I've been switching back and forth between CNN and Fox.

I don't know if Trump can avoid the narrative coming out on CNN. Fox seems to give a lot of air time to Hillary and Obama.

A recent poll showed that 84% of Republicans who voted for Trump think he's doing a great job, they believe he's honest, and would vote for him again. Those people also reported they get the majority of their news from Fox. If Fox ever turns on Trump and reports something other than the White House point of view, it could get ugly for Trump. It's getting harder to report the White House point of view because it seems to get contradicted by Trump with regularity.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Fox News Can’t Find Republicans to Defend Trump In Wake of Recent Comey Memo

As another bombshell story is thrown onto the pile — this time reporting that former FBI Director James Comey claimed that President Donald Trump told him to close an investigation into Mike Flynn — Fox News has struggled to get Republicans on air to defend the president.

In the wake of the shocking report, Fox News scrambled to get Republican lawmakers on air to defend the president — but they’re apparently in short supply.

As Fox host Bret Baier noted on Special Report Tuesday night, “we’ve tried tonight to get Republicans to come out and talk to us, and there are not Republicans willing to go on camera tonight as of yet.”

Comment

• This is like watching a train wreck. You know it's going to be awful, and you know you can't unsee the things you're going to see, but still you can't take your eyes off it.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Fox did get Huckabee on. Huckabee defended every aspect of the Comey firing, the disclosure of secret intel to the Russians (it wa all stuff in the public record), and opined that it was more important to find the source of the leaks than to investigate any possible illegalities exposed by the leaks.

Apparently, it's more important to prosecute the source of leaks of potential illegal activity than to investigate the illegal activity exposed by the leaks. After that he went into a lengthy "Hillary is worse" rant.

The ongoing deflection of the conversation to Hillary and Obama is starting to wear thin. It's beginning to appear to be an attempt to lower the bar so that Trump has an easier target to measure against for public opinion of his Presidency.

If Trump wants to prove the accuracy of his "I have huge hands" comment by repeatedly stepping on his Wally, he's doind a great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Fox did get Huckabee on. Huckabee defended every aspect of the Comey firing, the disclosure of secret intel to the Russians (it wa all stuff in the public record), and opined that it was more important to find the source of the leaks than to investigate any possible illegalities exposed by the leaks.

Apparently, it's more important to prosecute the source of leaks of potential illegal activity than to investigate the illegal activity exposed by the leaks. After that he went into a lengthy "Hillary is worse" rant.

The ongoing deflection of the conversation to Hillary and Obama is starting to wear thin. It's beginning to appear to be an attempt to lower the bar so that Trump has an easier target to measure against for public opinion of his Presidency.

If Trump wants to prove the accuracy of his "I have huge hands" comment by repeatedly stepping on his Wally, he's doind a great job.

Huckabee's a political hack, his daughter Sarah is the principal deputy WH press secretary.

So if you kid was a member of Trump's inner circle and asked you on a biased TV network whether you thought her boss (Trump) was doing a good job, wouldn't you pretty much say the same thing?

Seriously folks, people need to figure out who is partisan, both on the left and on the right, and filter ALL their comments, as they are only self-serving.

So when you watched the piece on Fox, did they also run a disclaimer regards his daughter's employer? I bet they did not.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                      Huckabee's a political hack, his daughter Sarah is the principal deputy WH press secretary.

So if you kid was a member of Trump's inner circle and asked you on a biased TV network whether you thought her boss (Trump) was doing a good job, wouldn't you pretty much say the same thing?

Seriously folks, people need to figure out who is partisan, both on the left and on the right, and filter ALL their comments, as they are only self-serving.

So when you watched the piece on Fox, did they also run a disclaimer regards his daughter's employer? I bet they did not.
                      I'm quite aware of who Huckabee is, where he stands, and the position his daughter holds. Bringing him on for an opinion is about the equivalent of interviewing a Cardinal on the merits of the Catholic church.

Just be aware that that is what a lot of Trump voters are seeing as their source of information for what's happening in Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        I'm quite aware of who Huckabee is, where he stands, and the position his daughter holds. Bringing him on for an opinion is about the equivalent of interviewing a Cardinal on the merits of the Catholic church.

Just be aware that that is what a lot of Trump voters are seeing as their source of information for what's happening in Washington.
                        Yup, and that is about as biased as you can get. In my opinion, there is about an inch of difference between the Huckabees and the Clintons, especially when you strip off the partisan labels and look at them like, you know, people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          This is like watching a train wreck. You know it's going to be awful, and you know you can't unsee the things you're going to see, but still you can't take your eyes off it.
                          now you know why Trump resonated with NASCAR fans - they wanted to see the wreck...

Comment

• Why is he just now bringing this up?.. As if his credibility isn't under question. ******* politicians.
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 17, 2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Mueller seems like an excellent choice for special counsel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Mueller seems like an excellent choice for special counsel.
                                Did Dan get fired from Illinois State?
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X