Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An embarrassing mess.

I am glad Gorsuch has been confirmed as that is about the only positive I am expecting from the administration as a conservative. The healthcare bill is about as opposite as possible from traditional conservatism and I mourn the lost opportunity to make a real effort at fixing the system as promised. I'm interested to see what the tax bill looks like ultimately - it may be pleasing but the border taxes and tariffs to offset revenues will be tricky. Foreign policy is anyone's guess, as we are now more bellicose with Russia than any point in recent memory and have cozied up very close to China (neither being inherently bad, but certainly a complete reversal from all campaign promises in just four months with no significant change in external circumstance).

Somebody needs to delete the Twitter account of the President. It is a loathsome vice.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      The Dems reaction is simply deflection of the focus from restarting investigations into Clinton(s), Abedin, and Obama action to focus on scurrilous timing issues. Like previously deflecting the focus from unlawful acts committed to somebody finding out about it and leaking the information, focusing on the leak rather than the bad deeds. Of course, the media lemmings will line up in a straight line.
      You are leaving yourself open to the exactly same charge with your comments here.

First and foremost, Clinton and Abedein hold no political office and I would really be surprised if Clinton came back from the dead (and I hope she does not).

Secondly, Trump, as an incumbent office holder could cover up and stall in a Nixonian-like manner. He could do much more damage to our country than Clinton and Abedin ever could at this point.

Third, Trump has done some pretty bad things himself in his dealing with this issue. Seems like there are a lot of people more than willing to buy into his 'fake news' false narrative rather than be objective and understand that something could very well have happened.

My reading of today's news is there are republicans peeling away from their support of Trump, and I have noted John McCain says a congressional investigation of Comey's firing is needed immediately.

I disagree with McCain on this one, more investigations means more stalling. I think this should be a part of the investigation (albeit a secondary one) and a special prosecutor needs to be named. When republicans start saying it looks like a cover-up and was handled in a heavy-handed way, you've passed the threshold where my decision point would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        The way I understood the news this morning (from ABC) was that the Assistant Attorney General, a Trump appointee, now pretty much had total control over the direction DoJ would take in any investigations. The Assistant Attorney General reports directly to Jeff Sessions, who already recused himself.
        The AAG is career DOJ guy who has servered I think at least 3 previous administrations. I think to imply he is some how in Trumps pocket is wrong.

Appearances can be deceiving, but the appearance is that anyone in DoJ attempting to investigate any Russian involvement in the elections will not be allowed to pursue that investigation.
        I believe they convened a grand jury on Flynn yesterday and subpoenas have been issued. So it look like the investigation is not being stopped but is picking up speed. If I was Flynn I would be worried.

[/quote]The stated reasons for firing Comey (he heard it on the news before anyone told him he was fired) don't stand up to even minor scrutiny.[/QUOTE]

Did you read the AAG letter? He laid it out clearly the reason why. The fact is Obama was going to fire Comey right after the election had Hillary won - but when she didn't they said screw it and let the new administration deal with the problem.

Comey has been incompetent regardless of which side you u fall on if you are honest and has hurt the trust that the rule of law will be applied in this country.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Comey has been incompetent regardless of which side you u fall on if you are honest and has hurt the trust that the rule of law will be applied in this country.
          Absolutely, but Dems aren't saying "Comey is a great employee!" Dems are saying "Why were you in love with this dude for six months, and now that you're being investigated, you fire him?"

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            Absolutely, but Dems aren't saying "Comey is a great employee!" Dems are saying "Why were you in love with this dude for six months, and now that you're being investigated, you fire him?"
            It is a fair question. The tone when assessing the President's satisfaction with Comey's performance took an abrupt nosedive following March 20. Before that, he was the golden boy in the eyes of the administration.

It seems hard to arrive at a conclusion other than (i) there is something to hide, or (ii) there is nothing to hide but the administration has Kim Jong-un levels of emotional intelligence when it comes to how this would have been perceived. Traitorous, imbecilic, or both, take your pick.

I am hopeful it is (ii) but there is no denying it looks slimy.

Comment

• More bad optics, meeting with in a closed door meeting with Russian Foreign Lavarov & the Russian US ambassador Kislyak today. Both of whom are key players in reported contacts of Trump campaign collusion and election interference items.

It boggles the mind, even more so than the MVC/Valpo queer roll out.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• It will be interesting watching Spicer, understandably, get his ball sack punched off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  It is a fair question. The tone when assessing the President's satisfaction with Comey's performance took an abrupt nosedive following March 20. Before that, he was the golden boy in the eyes of the administration.

It seems hard to arrive at a conclusion other than (i) there is something to hide, or (ii) there is nothing to hide but the administration has Kim Jong-un levels of emotional intelligence when it comes to how this would have been perceived.

I am hopeful it is (ii) but there is no denying it looks slimy.
                  To be fair to Trump, he has provided ample supporting evidence for (ii).

Comment

The AAG is career DOJ guy who has servered I think at least 3 previous administrations. I think to imply he is some how in Trumps pocket is wrong.
                    OOPS!

"We will leave for another day whether these are the real reasons Comey has been removed or whether they represent a convenient pretext. Notably, the New York Times’ Michael Schmidt reports that, according to administration officials, “Senior White House and Justice Department officials had been working on building a case against Mr. Comey since at least last week … Attorney General Jeff Sessions had been charged with coming up with reasons to fire him.”

Probably makes sense and probably why Trump rails at the NYT and calls it 'fake news'.

Comment

• Nevermind, they just announced the Spicey is taking the rest of the week off and that the foot in mouth Sarah Huckabee Sanders will be conducting the conference.

I suspect it will go something like this:

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        More bad optics, meeting with in a closed door meeting with Russian Foreign Lavarov & the Russian US ambassador Kislyak today. Both of whom are key players in reported contacts of Trump campaign collusion and election interference items.

It boggles the mind, even more so than the MVC/Valpo queer roll out.
                        Yeah, we were laughing about that this morning. Jesus must be coming soon, because how can people be this crazy and stupid.
                        Last edited by SB Shock; May 10, 2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          I have no idea about anything this administration does. Every day brings a new surprise. But does it surprise you they would do something that would have bad optics?

But there has been plenty of leaks from the FBI saying how morale has suffered under Comey interference, obstructing the pursuit of the rule of law and his overall leadership. I just assume that this seems to be an uprising from below that pushed the AAG to go to AG and force the administration to make a choice - especially after his last fiasco in front of congress.

Comment

This is from the link shocka khan shared above:

Rosenstein’s memorandum bears the same date as the preceding three letters—which is to say today, May 9. Note that Rosenstein was only confirmed as Deputy Attorney General on April 25, making today his fourteenth day in office.
                            From Rosenstein's Wikipedia entry:

President Donald Trump nominated Rosenstein to serve as Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice on January 13, 2017. Rosenstein was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on April 25, 2017.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              This is from the link shocka khan shared above:

From Rosenstein's Wikipedia entry:
                              Rod Jay Rosenstein (born January 13, 1965) is the Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice. Prior to his current appointment, he served as a United States Attorney for the District of Maryland. Rosenstein was a former nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. At the time of his confirmation as Deputy Attorney general in April 2017, he was the nation's longest-serving U.S. attorney.[3]
                              Was a U.S. Attorney sine 2005, started in the DOJ in 1990 and worked his way up through the ranks.

Comment

Was a U.S. Attorney sine 2005, started in the DOJ in 1990 and worked his way up through the ranks.
                                Google is your friend:

Prior to his current appointment, he served as a United States Attorney for the District of Maryland. Rosenstein was a former nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. At the time of his confirmation as Deputy Attorney general in April 2017, he was the nation's longest-serving U.S. attorney
                                I'm just supporting my statement that he is a Trump appointee who reports to a Trump appointee (who has recused himself because he may be involved in the investigation), who reports to Trump. That's the person who's now in charge of any DoJ investigation of Trump's campaign.

You attempted to refute my statement by claiming he was not a Trump appointee, but rather a career DoJ guy that Trump inherited from the previous administration, which is patently false.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X