Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    I hope you are right - I cringe having to look at Hillary everyday for 4 years
    It will be tough enough having to watch her in the election cycle.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It's actually a marvel at the relative transparency of the nomination process that Trump has even a snowball's chance in hell at getting the nomination. For the first 200 years of our country's existence, the various parties would have never given someone so appalling to the establishment a shot. He is probably going to win the nomination, which is remarkable on its face.

Santorum suffered similar difficulties in 2012. Nobody here cared because he was a terrible general election candidate. When it's your guy that's getting ganged up on, it sucks. When it isn't, oh well. Hearing Trump whine about dirty tricks and a crooked system is pretty rich considering the source - he is just pissed he got outlegged in a few areas where his ground game sucked. Cruz has the charisma of a wet paper towel but he is good at collecting delegates on the cheap - Trump had the same opportunity in the states with unconventional selection, he just got started too late.

The real bummer is what I fear is the culmination of a major shift within the Republican Party away from Reagan ideals (maybe not actual practice) and toward a European-style nationalist/protectionist party. That sucks for economic conservatives since those principles are antithetical to conservatism, but is nice for the ethnopreservationist wing I suppose. Looking back, this was probably an inevitability of the southern swap of the 80s and 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        I hope you are right - I cringe having to look at Hillary everyday for 4 years
        Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        It will be tough enough having to watch her in the election cycle.
        Yep...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The Republican establishment would rather lose to Hillary with a brokered 'meh' candidate than let an outsider like Trump upset their position of power and become the POTUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            It's actually a marvel at the relative transparency of the nomination process that Trump has even a snowball's chance in hell at getting the nomination. For the first 200 years of our country's existence, the various parties would have never given someone so appalling to the establishment a shot. He is probably going to win the nomination, which is remarkable on its face.

Santorum suffered similar difficulties in 2012. Nobody here cared because he was a terrible general election candidate. When it's your guy that's getting ganged up on, it sucks. When it isn't, oh well. Hearing Trump whine about dirty tricks and a crooked system is pretty rich considering the source - he is just pissed he got outlegged in a few areas where his ground game sucked. Cruz has the charisma of a wet paper towel but he is good at collecting delegates on the cheap - Trump had the same opportunity in the states with unconventional selection, he just got started too late.

The real bummer is what I fear is the culmination of a major shift within the Republican Party away from Reagan ideals (maybe not actual practice) and toward a European-style nationalist/protectionist party. That sucks for economic conservatives since those principles are antithetical to conservatism, but is nice for the ethnopreservationist wing I suppose. Looking back, this was probably an inevitability of the southern swap of the 80s and 90s.
            The shift is real. I would also add populism to that as well. They are shifting to a positive look on big government, as long as it operates how they want it to.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              The shift is real. I would also add populism to that as well. They are shifting to a positive look on big government, as long as it operates how they want it to.
              Agreed.

Comment

• Oh come on ... it's not like we're rooting for Justin Beiber.

Well.

Can Beiber beat Hillary?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
                  The Republican establishment would rather lose to Hillary with a brokered 'meh' candidate than let an outsider like Trump upset their position of power and become the POTUS.
                  While there are a few who have said this, I don't think that most Republicans want this. Most Republicans need for Trump to show he belongs and can be presidential and not just a bomb thrower. We already know that Hillary doesn't belong. I still think that Trumps foreign policy needs to evolve. Polls still show that he will lose to Hillary head to head and she is a very weak candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    While there are a few who have said this, I don't think that most Republicans want this. Most Republicans need for Trump to show he belongs and can be presidential and not just a bomb thrower. We already know that Hillary doesn't belong. I still think that Trumps foreign policy needs to evolve. Polls still show that he will lose to Hillary head to head and she is a very weak candidate.
                    Polls were showing Hillary beating the snot out of Obama early in their primary. It will all change when it actually IS head-to-head. Hopefully for the better.

Comment

• In Indiana Bobby Knight endorses Trump. Cruz calls a basketball hoop a basketball ring. Cruz should just move on to the next state.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        In Indiana Bobby Knight endorses Trump. Cruz calls a basketball hoop a basketball ring. Cruz should just move on to the next state.
                        Trop-From your posts, you are obviously a Republican. It's nice to see that there are still Republicans in Key West.lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Polls were showing Hillary beating the snot out of Obama early in their primary. It will all change when it actually IS head-to-head. Hopefully for the better.
                          You can pick and choose the polls you want. But if you aren't the biggest homer in history, you have to admit that Trump has a lot of work to do. He has a big gap losing to women, blacks, and Hispanics. As I said before, Hillary is a really bad candidate and you can ignore his problems if you want, but Trump has a long way to go to win.

Comment

Trop-From your posts, you are obviously a Republican. It's nice to see that there are still Republicans in Key West.lol
                            LOL
                            In the fast lane

Comment

You can pick and choose the polls you want. But if you aren't the biggest homer in history, you have to admit that Trump has a lot of work to do. He has a big gap losing to women, blacks, and Hispanics. As I said before, Hillary is a really bad candidate and you can ignore his problems if you want, but Trump has a long way to go to win.
                              I haven't looked at a single poll in probably a month. I've only been following the cumulative results that @SB Shock: posts and voting outcomes. I have read in a heads up match that he lags Hillary, so it certainly sounds like he has work to do, yes. But he hasn't been running against Hillary yet either. He's been busy focusing on trying to reel in elusive delegates. Once Cruz and Kasich fold, then it will get very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                                LOL

LOL with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X