No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without a doubt, Obama's Travel Prevention Act laid the frame work for this executive order. DHS identified these 7 countries as our biggest terrorist threats in the future. The restrictions have already passed both houses. We can debate all day about who should be on the list but if DHS says this is where our focus needs to be, than that's a great place to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Higgins View Post
      Without a doubt, Obama's Travel Prevention Act laid the frame work for this executive order. DHS identified these 7 countries as our biggest terrorist threats in the future. The restrictions have already passed both houses. We can debate all day about who should be on the list but if DHS says this is where our focus needs to be, than that's a great place to start.
      Nice hair, by the way!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Thank you! It's always great to hear positive feedback from one of my fans. I spend a fortune on hair products but I consider it money well spent. I do this for college basketball fans like yourself. My beautiful hair allows you to watch the game without distractions since your wife is mesmerized watching me be the best official in the world.

Comment

• The overreaction to this order is humorous. This sounds to me as a temporary ban to fullfill a promise and promote safety. I don't see it as a long term solution.

Another amusing thing I saw was a protester at Wichita Eisenhower airport had a sign that read "Alexander Hamilton was an immigrant". The ignorance or lack of knowledge is crazy funny. Alexander was a colonist who was born on a Caribbean island of Dutch and Scottish parents. His family was not happy. He moved to New York to attend what is now Columbia University (then Kings College) at about the same time as colonists were starting to talk about the colonies becoming a separate entity from Britain. We were not a country yet. No immigration yet.

Comment

• It's a sociology research experiment gone MAD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              I survived 8 years of Obama. Nothing scares me anymore.
              lol.....Obama really hurt you that bad?
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                lol.....Obama really hurt you that bad?
                Did you buy health insurance on the open market before and after the ACA?

Did Dodd-Frank reshape the industry you work in, for the worst?

Obama left an indelible mark on this country. If his expansion of the scope and regulatory nature of the country helped your pockets or your cause, then you probably minimize his negative impacts, but they are surely tangible either way.

Comment

Without a doubt, Obama's Travel Prevention Act laid the frame work for this executive order. DHS identified these 7 countries as our biggest terrorist threats in the future. The restrictions have already passed both houses. We can debate all day about who should be on the list but if DHS says this is where our focus needs to be, than that's a great place to start.
                  Right, but I'm talking about constitutionally. Are you saying you believe the executive order would have been unconstitutional had he included another country, say Saudi Arabia?

Comment

• No, I don't believe it would have been unconstitutional to add any country to the list. I was just saying there is already a bi-partisan & DHS approved list that he framed this executive order from.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Did you buy health insurance on the open market before and after the ACA?

Did Dodd-Frank reshape the industry you work in, for the worst?

Obama left an indelible mark on this country. If his expansion of the scope and regulatory nature of the country helped your pockets or your cause, then you probably minimize his negative impacts, but they are surely tangible either way.
                      I had a health insurance policy for my wife and kids prior to ACA. It cost around $300 a month. It continued to rise each year. Finally, we received notice that the plan was no longer ACA compliant and the new comparable plan would cost over $1000 a month. We could have found a plan that would be around 5 or 600 a month, but I decided it would be best to take a different job that paid less, but had family health insurance.

Thanks Obama and the Democrats!
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

No, I don't believe it would have been unconstitutional to add any country to the list. I was just saying there is already a bi-partisan & DHS approved list that he framed this executive order from.
                        John, I appreciate that you've wasted three of your five posts defending the ban to me, but this is where the logic just doesn't hold up. The constitutional argument would've at least been a novel idea I hadn't heard.

The argument you're making is the same thing I've heard from other conservatives, and it just makes no sense. It's like saying "this scienfific finding found that 1+2+3=6. I really like those first numbers, but I don't like the result, so I'll say they equal 10." You might as well say the DHS prepared a list of 7 countries that didn't require a travel ban.

Further, do you honestly believe bipartisan support and support from the DHS of the Obama administration was important to Trump when he passed this? We're talking about a policy that has near unanimous opposition from Democrats and is starting to receive opposition from some Republicans.

Regardless, I just love that conservatives talked about how weak Obama was on Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia in particular. Now, conservatives are saying "this plan is the best since the Obama administration found no problem with Saudi Arabia."

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          Further, do you honestly believe bipartisan support and support from the DHS of the Obama administration was important to Trump when he passed this?
                          Of course it was important, why else would he use DHS' list?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            Further, do you honestly believe bipartisan support and support from the DHS of the Obama administration was important to Trump when he passed this?
                            Wait I think I got it. The DHS list which had near complete bipartisan support is irrelevant to Trump, and his list just happens to coincidentally be the exact same list that has bipartisan support. Got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Of course it was important, why else would he use DHS' list?
                              That's a great argument, but it makes me think he's even less politically savvy than I assumed, since his policy is receiving so little support.

Comment

• Well I guess I'm gonna waste post #6 on this:

The logic holds up fine, you just lack any.

Please, stop arguing on shockernet and take action. Call DHS immediately and let them know you have a better understanding of where our future threats will come from than they do. The safety of our country is in your hands

Comment

Working...
                                X