Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rayc View Post
    I haven't read all of this thread and don't intend to, but I'll add one comment.

To all of the people, women as well as men, I simply ask who is your favorite rapper?

Any rap fan criticizing Trump for any of his comments about women are simply full of ****
    hypocrites.
    Can someone who has never spent a penny supporting Jay Z (probably a terrible example of what you are talking about... I never took American Rap Lyricists 101), can I criticize Trump without hypocrisy?

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Well, didn't one of Clinton's rapees challenge him and get $850,000. Wouldn't Bill Clinton be as powerful as Trump?
      Every scenario is unique.
      I already said it would be brave to come out against Trump. Same applies to Clinton.
      Being brave can pay off... sometimes. That doesn't mean the risks aren't still very real.

People who don't understand the risks of coming out and accusing a powerful person of sexual assault are examples of the most dangerous type of ignorance.

Comment

• I know it can be difficult, but follow steps 1 through 4 below.

1. Read what was written.
        2. Are you a rap fan?
        3. Are you criticizing Trump FOR ANY OF HIS COMMENTS ABOUT WOMEN?
        4. If 2 and 3 are true, then you are being hypocritical.

Oh, by the way JH4P, on another topic, what is your opinion of the changes that KenPom made to
        his formula that replaces his past work? Have you seen it yet, if not I can probably get you a link.
        It is interesting and why I don't like "black box" systems for NCAA tourney inclusion.

Comment

• Some curious happenings in the Wikileaks/Assange camps in the last 12-24 hours. Who knows what to make of it. Hard to not buy into the concept that Billary are the most corrupt people to ever be labeled with the misnomer "public servant".

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Some curious happenings in the Wikileaks/Assange camps in the last 12-24 hours. Who knows what to make of it. Hard to not buy into the concept that Billary are the most corrupt people to ever be labeled with the misnomer "public servant".
            It's weird stuff. There is zero legitimate reason for someone in our government to have cut the internet. If it turns out that we were involved, that's a seriously bad sign.

On the other hand, why is Wikileaks doing timed releases? Everyone is talking about Wikileaks having a dead hand system where information gets released even if they don't have access to the Internet. Why doesn't Wikileaks just release the information now, though? It seems like a publicity thing. If their true goal is government transparency, and they don't have ulterior motives, who cares when the information comes out?

Comment

2. Are you a rap fan?
              As a musical style? Only occasionally. Have a couple Christian rap artists in my iTunes collection for when I'm feeling nerdy. Will listen to rap on the radio in my car once in a while, but in no way support the awful lyrics with my money or my mouth.
              Originally posted by rayc View Post
              Sure am.
              Do you still feel that way based on my answers?

Oh, by the way JH4P, on another topic, what is your opinion of the changes that KenPom made to his formula that replaces his past work? Have you seen it yet, if not I can probably get you a link. It is interesting and why I don't like "black box" systems for NCAA tourney inclusion.
              Change. Of. Gears... Wowzers!

I haven't looked at the changes in detail, but I get the sense it was still on the level of "tweaking" and not a major overhaul. I have no problem with the "black box" formula as long as it is established as what is going to be used before the year begins, and previous year's results are calculated using the current formula so it can be back checked.

Comment

I know it can be difficult, but follow steps 1 through 4 below.

1. Read what was written.
                2. Are you a rap fan?

Oh, by the way JH4P, on another topic, what is your opinion of the changes that KenPom made to
                his formula that replaces his past work? Have you seen it yet, if not I can probably get you a link.
                It is interesting and why I don't like "black box" systems for NCAA tourney inclusion.

Your analogy is nonsensical. Why is it hypocritical?

If you're a fan of the movie Lord of the Rings, is it hypocritical to not want your president to run around thinking he's an elf? Can I like the Sopranos and not want my president to be involved in the mob? Can I have a low IQ and not want the president to have the same?

I just don't get why it's hypocritical to want your president to act differently.

Comment

• I think the point, or at least the point I'm getting, is that our moral compass has gone astray. We're fine with despicable words and deeds, as long as we're entertained. I can see the hypocrisy in that. And I'm looking in the mirror.

Comment

• Hell, if this chicken-loving bloviate was her opponent I'd feel obligated to vote for him too...

2016 Indeed!!

Comment

• 50 Cent isn't running for President.

There is a difference between lyrics in a song and telling someone how you can assault women if you're a star. I'm also confident 50 Cent can get more p**** than Trump and he doesn't have to force it on them.

I was a vocalist in bands. It's when you have to learn words that you figure out that nobody actually knows the words to very many songs.

With rap, the listeners are mostly feeling the beat and the cadence of the lyrics within the rhythmic structures. Every once in a while a listener will pick up the words that rhyme. Most of the vocals are just another instrument that happens to be using words instead of just musical tones. That's a lot different than telling a media guy, while being recorded, about what you can get away with because you're a star.

I've now heard the "I can get away with it" line several times from Trump's former statements.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        50 Cent isn't running for President.

There is a difference between lyrics in a song and telling someone how you can assault women if you're a star. I'm also confident 50 Cent can get more p**** than Trump and he doesn't have to force it on them.

I was a vocalist in bands. It's when you have to learn words that you figure out that nobody actually knows the words to very many songs.

With rap, the listeners are mostly feeling the beat and the cadence of the lyrics within the rhythmic structures. Every once in a while a listener will pick up the words that rhyme. Most of the vocals are just another instrument that happens to be using words instead of just musical tones. That's a lot different than telling a media guy, while being recorded, about what you can get away with because you're a star.

I've now heard the "I can get away with it" line several times from Trump's former statements.
                        What anout Brittany Spears, Madonna, Miley Cyrus? The way they behave doesn't shift the morals and mores of society? They aren't role models? Michelle Obama has said that Beyonce is a role model for her children. Is this the role model you want for your two daughters?
                        BrD_6wnCAAIKt4C.jpg
                        I wouldn't.

The fact of the matter is this, like it or not, just like candidate's drug history, we as past this. This whole thing ended with Monica Leainsky's blue dress and Bill Clinton's cigar. I'm not saying its right or wrong, I'm just being consistent with what trash is accepted on radio and tv, how we act, and how our leaders have acted in the past. Interestingly enough, there is plenty of alleged sex scandal in Hillary's past, there is even hot mic's picking up inappropriate comments from her. Nobody wants to report those allegations, though, we aren't ready for lesbian sex scandals.

Now I pissed more.people off....
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          What anout Brittany Spears, Madonna, Miley Cyrus? The way they behave doesn't shift the morals and mores of society? They aren't role models? Michelle Obama has said that Beyonce is a role model for her children. Is this the role model you want for your two daughters?

I wouldn't.

The fact of the matter is this, like it or not, just like candidate's drug history, we as past this. This whole thing ended with Monica Leainsky's blue dress and Bill Clinton's cigar. I'm not saying its right or wrong, I'm just being consistent with what trash is accepted on radio and tv, how we act, and how our leaders have acted in the past. Interestingly enough, there is plenty of alleged sex scandal in Hillary's past, there is even hot mic's picking up inappropriate comments from her. Nobody wants to report those allegations, though, we aren't ready for lesbian sex scandals.

Now I pissed more.people off....
                          N

Nah. Just these guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            50 Cent isn't running for President.

And I suppose this frequent guest of the White House spit these lyrics "'Cuz they rhymes homie. 2016 For Realz! Gettin paid biatch"

Comment

• My bad homie: This guest.

Comment

• My bad. It it doesn't work this time I'm gonna take it as a sign to back out gracefully (if possible):
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X