Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Common Sense Approach to Middle East Refugees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got several comments.

Anyone born in the USA is, by law, an American citizen, and cannot be forcibly expelled from the country. We probably need to change that to anyone born on American soil whose parents are here legally, is an American citizen. That raises a potential problem that the country of their parents' citizenship may not recognize the kids as citizens of their country and may deny them entry. We're about 40 years late on updating our laws pertaining to illegals and negotiating with the common countries of origin of the illegals about how to handle those born here from illegals.

Paris has a huge Muslim presence. The French government has been receptive to Muslim immigration, but the French people (let me use the term) HATE Muslims. Actually, the French populace is pretty much known for not caring for any non-French. Muslims can only live in specific areas. They can't get jobs that provide adequate financial support for their families. As I understand it, Muslims in France are in rather desperate circumstances and subject to incredible discrimination. Large, repressed populations tend to eventually get irritated.

Anybody who read the start of this thread saw the "Common Sense" verbiage in the title. Then forcing people to watch naked women, drink alcoholic beverages, and eat pork rinds. You might have had a clue by then that the post may have been something other than "Common Sense", as the title indicated. Then the original post went into beheadings without trials. That's what ISIS is doing to captured Westerners, so I proposed returning the favor.

I was able to say one thing and then say something completely opposite to what I originally said. Some people reacted to what hit their buttons and did not look at the fact I had contradicted myself. I would encourage those people to look a little more closely to what they read and what's reported by whom before they claim to be informed voters. It takes more to be informed than just listening to what you want to hear.

The points I'm trying to make are all points that need to be addressed in Presidential and Congressional elections next year. Then you need to consider the views of the candidates and evaluate what the results will be, not just the short-term effect you want for yourself.
    Last edited by Aargh; November 15, 2015, 10:41 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        If ISIS were to attack Russia, I would not put it past Putin to use nukes.
        Ever here of the Russian Beslan school massacre? 300 people murdered including almost 200 of them children? The Moscow theater attack?

Russia has had some significan, Hugh profile Islamic terror attacks and haven't nuked anybody.

Comment

"Here we are just days after a horrific Islamic terror attack in Paris and what is the Obama administration response? They release five Yemeni detainees from Guantanamo Bay to the United Arab Emirates. I suppose it’s fair enough — seems the bad guys lost eight in Paris so it’s proper that we refill their ranks."
          -----------------Allen West.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            "Here we are just days after a horrific Islamic terror attack in Paris and what is the Obama administration response? They release five Yemeni detainees from Guantanamo Bay to the United Arab Emirates. I suppose it’s fair enough — seems the bad guys lost eight in Paris so it’s proper that we refill their ranks."
            -----------------Allen West.
            Allen West is even nuttier than some of our representatives in good ole' Texas. That's why the conservative people in Florida retired him. Too many unhinged remarks.

BTW, I am all for them releasing the Guantanamo prisoners, especially those who haven't been charged. But I would surgically implant tracking devices in them so we can get them with a drone if they get out of line again.

That may sound far-fetched, but I think we should have done that with all the people we have released from Guananamo. It would have stopped the ones who went right back at it from continuing with their terrorist ways.

Secondly and lastly, I don't see anyone calling out the Belgians for giving aid and comfort to the Jihadists. They look down their nose at the United States (believe me, the average Belgian hates us) while their citizens plot terror attacks in France.

The Belgian's police force is more like Barney Fife and less like professional. They have pickpockets and prostitutes notoriously hanging around the Brussel's Midi train station for years and do nothing about it. Some of the most radical Islamists in the poorest neighborhoods in Brussels live in the area around Midi, according to what I've read this morning (and that does not surprise me because we were warned by a number of Belgian acquaintences to avoid the area). Antwerp is almost as bad - the city in Europe that holds the distinction of having largest concentration of both fundamentalist Moselems and Hassidic jews.

We were on our way to Amsterdam on the train and stopped in Antwerp. We had a number of North Africans board the train at that stop and you could literally smell them a minute before you saw them. I'm betting they had never taken a shower. They got off the train right at the Belgian border (before we stopped in Rotterdam), and of course one of the passengers, who was getting off in Rotterdam, had his luggage stolen.

That's what you live with everyday. The Belgians don't like them either, but seem to do nothing about their problem.

Comment

I am all for executing the prisoners in Gitmo.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                Allen West is even nuttier than some of our representatives in good ole' Texas. That's why the conservative people in Florida retired him. Too many unhinged remarks.

BTW, I am all for them releasing the Guantanamo prisoners, especially those who haven't been charged. But I would surgically implant tracking devices in them so we can get them with a drone if they get out of line again.

That may sound far-fetched, but I think we should have done that with all the people we have released from Guananamo. It would have stopped the ones who went right back at it from continuing with their terrorist ways.

Secondly and lastly, I don't see anyone calling out the Belgians for giving aid and comfort to the Jihadists. They look down their nose at the United States (believe me, the average Belgian hates us) while their citizens plot terror attacks in France.

The Belgian's police force is more like Barney Fife and less like professional. They have pickpockets and prostitutes notoriously hanging around the Brussel's Midi train station for years and do nothing about it. Some of the most radical Islamists in the poorest neighborhoods in Brussels live in the area around Midi, according to what I've read this morning (and that does not surprise me because we were warned by a number of Belgian acquaintences to avoid the area). Antwerp is almost as bad - the city in Europe that holds the distinction of having largest concentration of both fundamentalist Moselems and Hassidic jews.

We were on our way to Amsterdam on the train and stopped in Antwerp. We had a number of North Africans board the train at that stop and you could literally smell them a minute before you saw them. I'm betting they had never taken a shower. They got off the train right at the Belgian border (before we stopped in Rotterdam), and of course one of the passengers, who was getting off in Rotterdam, had his luggage stolen.

That's what you live with everyday. The Belgians don't like them either, but seem to do nothing about their problem.
                I think I mentioned Belgium in one is my early posts. Belgium, per capita, has the second highest concentration of Muslims in western Europe behind France. Belgium does hate the US. They are France light. I think I said that also. On the other hand, the Flemmish in Belgium aren't so anti US.

Since you're all for releasing the Guantonimo prisoners, I suggest they be released in Houston, along with all of the refugees we just took in.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Keeping the riffraff in Guantanamo was one of the most ingenious things Bush did. Politically, it was a disaster, but it was an effectively solution. Why do you think Obama hasn't ended it seven years into his presidency? It was a cornerstone of his campaign.

Comment

Allen West is even nuttier than some of our representatives in good ole' Texas.

I would surgically implant tracking devices in them so we can get them with a drone if they get out of line again.
                    I get my full money's worth of entertainment on Shockernet, that's fo sho!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      Keeping the riffraff in Guantanamo was one of the most ingenious things Bush did. Politically, it was a disaster, but it was an effectively solution. Why do you think Obama hasn't ended it seven years into his presidency? It was a cornerstone of his campaign.
                      Absolutely.

And taking the fight to Iraq, a territory we were very familiar with and a place that terrorists could easily travel to, was right out of Sun Tzu's The Art of War. I know it wasn't popular, but it was effective.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I get my full money's worth of entertainment on Shockernet, that's fo sho!
                        I am glad I provide you with entertainment. And I still say that Alan West couldn't even get elected in deep east (or deep west Texas) where people like Blake Farenthold, Randy Neugebauer, and any number of others are constantly saying ill-informed things, to be polite.

Why even the Norwegians have coined a new slang phrase.....they now say 'Texas' instead of 'crazy'.

Comment

people like Blake Farenthold, Randy Neugebauer, and any number of others are constantly saying ill-informed things, to be polite.
                          They say things just to be polite? Texans are nice folks.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Russia being the target of ISIS sounds good but then why did they attack France?
                              Several points of interest:

A) France has actually been very active with regards to Syria and ISIS prior to this. Far more active than you'd know from listening to the news. For one thing, they began joining in on bombing raids against ISIS in September.
                              2) France is a target of opportunity. Open borders, large Muslim population, large population of foreign fighters.
                              D) Part of ISIS' goal is to turn "ISIS versus the world" into "the world versus Muslims." The more they provoke Western nations into taking more and more radical stances against ALL Muslims rather than just extremist Muslims, the more radicalized support ISIS can generate. France, of all countries, has had a very tumultuous relationship with it's Muslim population, and is potentially only a few more pokes away from doing something horrible.
                              Last edited by Rlh04d; November 17, 2015, 07:46 PM.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                If ISIS were to attack Russia, I would not put it past Putin to use nukes.
                                Would never happen.

Russia has more than enough manpower/weaponry to conduct conventional warfare against ISIS. Putin's massively egotistical, but not insane.
                                Last edited by Rlh04d; November 17, 2015, 08:00 PM.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X