Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Common Sense Approach to Middle East Refugees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5660a74ac007d.image.jpg

This guy just got arrested in Omaha for trying to buy a handgun from an FBI agent. This guy was let out of prison AFTER serving a sentence that included two counts of second degree murder. This guy now has a million dollar bail set. This guy was a founder of a very violent, South Omaha gang. This guy will, once again, get out of prison before he dies. This guy wouldn't have gotten out if in the first place, had my, fully constitutional ideas been implemented.

Oh, and this guy is NOT on the no fly list.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Bob Schwertley
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3148[/ATTACH]

This guy just got arrested in Omaha for trying to buy a handgun from an FBI agent. This guy was let out of prison AFTER serving a sentence that included two counts of second degree murder. This guy now has a million dollar bail set. This guy was a founder of a very violent, South Omaha gang. This guy will, once again, get out of prison before he dies. This guy wouldn't have gotten out if in the first place, had my, fully constitutional ideas been implemented.

But was he involved in a mass murder?
        Livin the dream

Comment

You bring up the no fly list again... Why? Do you really think a standard that has zero due process should be expanded? To any other issue? I would say that is pretty intellectually lazy. Very lazy.

And since you've peppered the term in this post, I'll ask you to define what qualifies as a mass shooting. I know the answer, I just want you to quantify the emotionally charged term, "mass shooting" you have freely used.
          http://time.com/4133808/san-bernardino-shooting-mass-shootings/

The brief Time magazine excerpt is a decent read on what's considered a mass shooting. It doesn't mention that the FBI discounts burglaries and domestic violence. Is it 20 a year or 350 a year? Which type of violence are we trying to stop? If we are trying to stop all the gun violence, why not ban all gun manufacturing?
          Last edited by wufan; December 4, 2015, 08:17 PM.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            http://time.com/4133808/san-bernardino-shooting-mass-shootings/

The brief Time magazine excerpt is a decent read on what's considered a mass shooting. It doesn't mention that the FBI discounts burglaries and domestic violence. Is it 20 a year or 350 a year? Which type of violence are we trying to stop? If we are trying to stop all the gun violence, why not ban all gun manufacturing?
            FBI says four victims, others say less. So, quantifying a mass shooting varies by who reports. Furthermore, a victim isn't a fatality, so four could get hurt and it counts, two people injured is considered a mass shooting by others.

Intent is not a consideration.

Comment

It can't be done without violating rights. Period. It's a stupid, poorly thought, lazy idea.

You want something that might work, I'll give you something. Let all of the potheads out of prison. Use that newly found prison capacity to house felons convicted of gun crimes. Tie the hands of prosecutors and don't allow plea bargains for gun crimes. First offense of a gun crime, 20 years, no good time. Conviction of gun trafficking, life, no parole.
              MVJ, why do you think being more aggressive with prosecuting illegal gun trafficking seems to get so little traction? It seems to be a logical step towards reducing guns in the hands of criminals.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It can't be done without violating rights. Period. It's a stupid, poorly thought, lazy idea.

You want something that might work, I'll give you something. Let all of the potheads out of prison. Use that newly found prison capacity to house felons convicted of gun crimes. Tie the hands of prosecutors and don't allow plea bargains for gun crimes. First offense of a gun crime, 20 years, no good time. Conviction of gun trafficking, life, no parole.
                I like your idea. See what happens when people share ideas?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3148[/ATTACH]

Weren't we lucky it was an FBI agent? If it had been Uncle Slug selling used guns from the back of his pickup in the parking lot at the gun show he'd be down the road committing crimes.

Put him in jail until he rots and feed his carcass to the buzzards.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    Now THAT's what I'm looking for.

I'm not a big fan of the dream act. I'm not a big fan of letting young men (and possibly women) who are in the age slot for military service, so I agree with that, too. A lot of 16 year old men can be enticed by cavorting in eternity with 40 virgins, but not many 70 year olds.

And that's my premise. We should let them in, but NOT military age men and women. Only the old and very young. People who don't care about cavorting with 40 virgins in eternity.
                    Your military age women filter would have caught this one, good job Shocka.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

First offense of a gun crime, 20 years, no good time.
                      Is accidentally discharging a weapon in city limits a gun crime?

Is shooting a dog that seems like an imminent threat towards a kid a gun crime, even if it hasn't attacked yet?

Is drawing a weapon (but not discharging it) on a stranger in your home a gun crime?

On your front porch?

Peeping in your daughter's window with a camera?

Is replacing an ivory hand grip with a cheap plastic hand grip on an otherwise pristine antique Colt 45 Peacemaker a gun crime?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        Your military age women filter would have caught this one, good job Shocka.
                        Yes, for some reason, Muslim women like jihadi, too. Even ones with 6 month old kids. Sad the little girl will never grow up to know her parents.

Comment

Yes, for some reason, Muslim women like jihadi, too. Even ones with 6 month old kids. Sad the little girl will never grow up to know her parents.
                          Maybe, maybe not.

Comment

Didn't you try to convince me that Jihadists don't breed? Something about what's true of the parts ...
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Sad?

I don't think so, hopefully now she will be raised by someone that won't poison her thought process like those two would have.
                              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                                Sad?

I don't think so, hopefully now she will be raised by someone that won't poison her thought process like those two would have.
                                That is a great point.

Comment

Working...
                                X