No announcement yet.

Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son is building me an ar. Not sure if it will be drop safe, but I'm sure it will be fun. The little sh!t has become quite the gunsmith. I want him to build me a 9 and a .380. He doesn't want to build a .380 because he says they're sh!tty guns, I want one just for giggles.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• He just built this, he has better ones he's built. I couldn't get into his gun safe, he has this one in mine. I want one similar to this just to pass time when the prairie dogs aren't active. See.20200731_143542.jpg
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• By active prairie dogs, I mean this:

images.jpeg.jpgprairie-dog-final.jpgParirie Dog Wyo 5_28_15 204 cal 32 gr Vmax 235 yds1467751018.8271387c.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Hey Pvt. Pyle... why don't you go shake your head over a nice cold air vent.

Don't ever attempt to correct me again.

http://monderno.com/training/acciden...arge-question/

I'd recommend not staring down the barrel of your weapon next time you start banging it on the ground...

You are welcome.

P.S. Apologies to the readers who were temporarily "informed" on the issue without proper context.

READERS: ALWAYS CARRY A LOADED WEAPON SECURELY! NEVER BANG IT ON ANYTHING WHEN A ROUND IS CHAMBERED.
          Just quoting so everyone can see your “exact quote” where you said “not all guns are drop safe”.

Care to point that out?
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Funny vid. I like the guy's passion.

Definitely not a bullpup lol.

Banging a gun on the ground stock first can cause accidental discharges. He's not wrong about that. The older the gun, the better the chance of having a trick firing pin. I have a Yugoslavian Tokarev 7.62x25mm pistol. It's from the 50's. Cleaned all the Cosmoline out of it. For people that don't know, the Soviets used to dip their weapons in Cosmoline to store them. It's like waxy oil. You heat it up and it melts off or you can use chemicals to remove it. But since the Soviets were crazed weapons manufacturers, AND stored them very well, we have an endless supply of surplus collectors to purchase. :)

Back to the story... the Tokarev is ***** dangerous. Once that thing is loaded you point it in the direction you want to fire and empty the magazine. NEVER carry it around loaded. If you drop it... well... you're gonna need some luck. That bullet penetrates like a MoFo. It's a poor man's 5.7x28mm. It will defeat body armor.
            Maybe it was this one? Nope!
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Maybe it was this one? Nope!
              Cold went off his meds when quarantine hit and hasn’t recovered.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Cold went off his meds when quarantine hit and hasn’t recovered.
                Should we call him Coldye West?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Should we call him Coldye West?
                  Is cold running for president?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• NRA being taken to State Court in Manhattan. They are attempting to dissolve the defense of gun owners to open a window to pursue gun bans with little impedance.

Comment

NRA being taken to State Court in Manhattan. They are attempting to dissolve the defense of gun owners to open a window to pursue gun bans with little impedance.
                        significant gun control measure are a given - they are coming.and there is really nothing the Republicans can do. The Supreme Court has had chances to push back but have refused.

Here is their 100 day plan

1. Hold gun manufactures accountable - they are going to repeal 2005 law that gave protection.
                        2. Ban on black scary rifles
                        3. Magazine size bans
                        4. Regulate existing owners of black scary rifles - make you register them with the ATF
                        5. Buy back programs if you are unwilling to register
                        6. Put a restriction on number of firearms a person can own
                        7. Institute "red flag" gun confiscation
                        8. Not allow any online sales of ammo, gun parts, etc
                        9. Gonna incentivize gun licensing program for states before weapons can be purchased (it seems one of their plans is just to make so much red tape as possible).
                        10. Require implementation of "smart guns"
                        11. Pass laws that mandate how you can store your guns and ammo
                        Last edited by SB Shock; January 22, 2021, 12:16 AM.

Comment

NRA being taken to State Court in Manhattan. They are attempting to dissolve the defense of gun owners to open a window to pursue gun bans with little impedance.
                          You're hopeless. You're root cause is totally whacked. Leticia James doesn't want to pull the NRA's nonprofit designation so someone, somewhere can take your guns away. She wants to pull their nonprofit designation because the officers abused their positions of authority and trust and wasted donor money on promoting their lavish lifestyle, rather than on education and outreach.

Let me help you.

Here's what really happened. If you think this is good governance, I'd hate to see you on the board of any non-profit.
                          https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/18/m...-nra-guns.html

And not only that, if the NRA does have any tangible assets and does get dissolved, this is what will happen:
                          https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/notforp...sect-1001.html

Here's the highlights:

(a) The board shall adopt a plan for the dissolution of the corporation and the distribution of its assets.  Such plan shall implement any provision in the certificate of incorporation prescribing the distributive rights of members.

What that means is that any assets remaining after dissolution should be distributed in accordance of the board's issues, evidently that would mean a distribution to any qualified organization promoting second amendment rights.

And:

I underlined a phase in here.....Wayne LaPierre should have really had that burned into his brain but he did not.
                          (4) If any of the assets of the corporation are to be distributed to a recipient for a particular legally required purpose, an agreement by the recipient to apply the assets received only for such purpose shall be included.

Here's the NRA mission statement:
                          “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, especially with reference to the inalienable right of the individual American citizen guaranteed by such Constitution to acquire, possess, collect, exhibit, transport, carry, transfer ownership of, and enjoy the right to use arms.”

So tell me, what the hell do Brioni suits from a Beverly Hills tailor, a custom-designed (almost $2 million dollar) home in Dallas, and paying for private jets (for LaPierre's own personal use) have to do with ensuring citizens of our country are able to acquire, possess, collect, exhibit, transport, carry, transfer ownership of and enjoy the right to use arms?

Think for yourself. You're spreading disinformation, plain and simple.

Comment

• The NRA is a joke anyway. They've supported pretty much every infringement of the 2A that has been passed.

If the administration does what you mentioned above, there are going to be a ton of lawsuits and the SC is going to have to face it. I don't have a lot of faith in the SC actually defending the Constitution, but one can hope.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

significant gun control measure are a given - they are coming.and there is really nothing the Republicans can do. The Supreme Court has had chances to push back but have refused.

Here is their 100 day plan

1. Hold gun manufactures accountable - they are going to repeal 2005 law that gave protection.
                              2. Ban on black scary rifles
                              3. Magazine size bans
                              4. Regulate existing owners of black scary rifles - make you register them with the ATF
                              5. Buy back programs if you are unwilling to register
                              6. Put a restriction on number of firearms a person can own
                              7. Institute "red flag" gun confiscation
                              8. Not allow any online sales of ammo, gun parts, etc
                              9. Gonna incentivize gun licensing program for states before weapons can be purchased (it seems one of their plans is just to make so much red tape as possible).
                              10. Require implementation of "smart guns"
                              11. Pass laws that mandate how you can store your guns and ammo
                              Lots of infringement opportunities here.

I got an idea though that should make gun proponents happy: How about we make it impossible to but all the scary guns that fire multiple rounds in succession without any effort from the shooter? Then we can require mandatory FBI background checks at the point of sale and make it a felony for anyone that subverts that?

I feel like if we just did those two things, we could make gun ownership safer!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Lots of infringement opportunities here.
                                There has already been a lot of infringement issues, but the Supreme Court has not been willing to take any up. But that was the same way with "free exercise of religion" - only now with addition of Barrett has there been push back. So maybe she will make a difference on some 2A issues that may come up in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X