Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and use both hands.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      I support constitutional carry. I just think it's weird and unnecessarily confrontational to go around town strapped to the gills. There is a wide delta between your rights and what is right.
      I agree with this. What does it have to do with people being racist towards black people carrying and racist gun control?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I agree with this. What does it have to do with people being racist towards black people carrying and racist gun control?
        I'm telling you that racism would trump many people's fondness for the 2A. As it did in the 60s.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I'm telling you that racism would trump many people's fondness for the 2A. As it did in the 60s.
          So, you think that there are enough racist 2nd amendment advocates that will gladly give up their right to bear because they fear the black man having weapons?
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Which ones? I hang out with a lot of 2A folks and haven’t met any. Maybe its because most of our 2A black friends would disapprove.

You’re really projecting some lefty racist views here.
            Livin the dream

Comment

You’re really projecting some lefty racist views here.
              This is exactly what I thought. No conservative I know thinks anything like this, but leftists think all conservatives are racist, so....... Fill in the blank on whichever right a conservative holds dearly, they surely would sacrifice that right if a minority wanted to share in those rights. You know, racism.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I believe both people on the right and left, black and white, carry weapons. Would there be more on the "right"? Very possibly. There are probably more hunters, thus, gun enthusiasts on the right than the left. Does that make them racist? Heck no! Are there racists that carry? Sure, but I bet there is some on both sides.

What I don't understand is allowing long arms to be threateningly carried in public. Pistols are holstered and most likely totally concealed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  I believe both people on the right and left, black and white, carry weapons. Would there be more on the "right"? Very possibly. There are probably more hunters, thus, gun enthusiasts on the right than the left. Does that make them racist? Heck no! Are there racists that carry? Sure, but I bet there is some on both sides.

What I don't understand is allowing long arms to be threateningly carried in public. Pistols are holstered and most likely totally concealed.
                  Describe, “threateningly carried”. It’s illegal to threaten someone with a gun. If you are open carrying in public and flag someone, that’s illegal. If your describing a sling with the safety on and finger off the trigger, that’s no different than carrying a hunting rifle.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I support constitutional carry. I just think it's weird and unnecessarily confrontational to go around town strapped to the gills. There is a wide delta between your rights and what is right.
                    Is it also unnecessarily confrontational to say, break down a gate to someone's community and threaten to kill them as part of a "peaceful protest"? Or, to loot someone's business and burn down their livelihood in the name of "peaceful protest"? Just trying to understand where the line gets drawn and who is allowed to say where that line is.

Comment

Describe, “threateningly carried”. It’s illegal to threaten someone with a gun. If you are open carrying in public and flag someone, that’s illegal. If your describing a sling with the safety on and finger off the trigger, that’s no different than carrying a hunting rifle.
                      That is correct on all counts. I do not see any logical reason for a civilian to sling a long gun in public, safety on and finger off the trigger or not, unless they are personally being threatened by non-law enforcement or on their property (also, hunting is not "in public"). If they want to have it in a full case or a type of case that it can be retrieved from quickly, that's different. All guns in public should be holstered in some fashion. No different than an individual with a pistol being carried not holstered, safety on, finger not on the trigger, and at ones side. Both to me are threatening gestures. Hired security (licensed) is different also.

Comment

• Open carry is dumb strategically, unless you're at the saloon back in the Wild West.

You've just identified to any would-be attacker that you are THE person of interest in the room. NEVER show anybody you have a weapon on you until it's too late... for them.

And don't EVER take it out unless you plan on using it.

And don't even carry unless you've got the balls to use it if your life is threatened.

And put several boxes of ammo through the weapon before ever relying on it.

90% of the carrying public should have a taser instead of a pistol.

P.S Tasers are much more effective "stoppers" than pistols. Tasers don't require hitting the t-zone.

P.P.S. Pistols are actually very poor stoppers compared to anything including a ball bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          Open carry is dumb strategically, unless you're at the saloon back in the Wild West.

You've just identified to any would-be attacker that you are THE person of interest in the room. NEVER show anybody you have a weapon on you until it's too late... for them.

And don't EVER take it out unless you plan on using it.

And don't even carry unless you've got the balls to use it if your life is threatened.

And put several boxes of ammo through the weapon before ever relying on it.

90% of the carrying public should have a taser instead of a pistol.

P.S Tasers are much more effective "stoppers" than pistols. Tasers don't require hitting the t-zone.

P.P.S. Pistols are actually very poor stoppers compared to anything including a ball bat.
                          I mean there are ways to CONCEAL the weapon. It's not like you have to wear one of these...

Comment

• https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/h...-holsters.html

This is what I use when I carry my Five-Seven (which is very rarely anymore). These holsters make carrying even the biggest guns comfy. And the Five-Seven is a BIG gun. And I'm a BIG dude. ;)

Comment

• I'm posting some pics that, while some are not as threatening, seem to be pretty stupid and impractical.

00.jpg02.jpg01.jpg

Comment

• 03.jpg05.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X