X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg

Comment

• 09.jpg10.jpg

I see zero need for this. If you have it on your back, have it in some sort of long gun holster or case.

If you are holding it in front of you or to the side, I consider that threatening.

I tried to cover race, political leaning, male/female, protest, and "casual".

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

That is correct on all counts. I do not see any logical reason for a civilian to sling a long gun in public, safety on and finger off the trigger or not, unless they are personally being threatened by non-law enforcement or on their property (also, hunting is not "in public"). If they want to have it in a full case or a type of case that it can be retrieved from quickly, that's different. All guns in public should be holstered in some fashion. No different than an individual with a pistol being carried not holstered, safety on, finger not on the trigger, and at ones side. Both to me are threatening gestures. Hired security (licensed) is different also.
        Good thing we don’t base threats on personal feelings!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          09.jpg10.jpg

I see zero need for this. If you have it on your back, have it in some sort of long gun holster or case.

If you are holding it in front of you or to the side, I consider that threatening.

I tried to cover race, political leaning, male/female, protest, and "casual".
          Thank you for all the pics! Those were enjoyable!
          Livin the dream

Comment

• I think the whole fight over gun control and such goes out the window the very nanosecond that you hear efforts to A. Defund the police, B. Disband the police and C. Begin community policing. I'll keep my ar and ak thank you.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• It was less than a year ago, all we heard was that there was no need for civilians to own "fully semi-automatic" weapons. No need to fear a tyrannical government, nor for self defense because we could just call 911. Well, the government hasn't become fully tyrannical, but they have shown great ineptitude in providing for our safety. Minneapolis and Portland have burned, who knows when it hits cities like Wichita and Omaha? Seattle anyone? Who knows if the police will answer my call? The cops are scared, they can't help us. The need for the second ammendment is as great today as it was 250 years ago. Gove me my guns.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• You know what benefits open carry has? A polite society. Folks tend to say yes ma’am, no ma,am, thank you ma,am, have a nice day, when they know that lady has a gun.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  You know what benefits open carry has? A polite society. Folks tend to say yes ma’am, no ma,am, thank you ma,am, have a nice day, when they know that lady has a gun.
                  In that case, don't ever turn your back on those "folks" if that's what it takes to make them polite.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Is it also unnecessarily confrontational to say, break down a gate to someone's community and threaten to kill them as part of a "peaceful protest"? Or, to loot someone's business and burn down their livelihood in the name of "peaceful protest"? Just trying to understand where the line gets drawn and who is allowed to say where that line is.
                    The things you described are illegal. The line is pretty bold. As far as those thinking I'm projecting, look at what happened with the Panthers and Reagan.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      Open carry is dumb strategically, unless you're at the saloon back in the Wild West.

You've just identified to any would-be attacker that you are THE person of interest in the room. NEVER show anybody you have a weapon on you until it's too late... for them.

And don't EVER take it out unless you plan on using it.

And don't even carry unless you've got the balls to use it if your life is threatened.

And put several boxes of ammo through the weapon before ever relying on it.

90% of the carrying public should have a taser instead of a pistol.

P.S Tasers are much more effective "stoppers" than pistols. Tasers don't require hitting the t-zone.

P.P.S. Pistols are actually very poor stoppers compared to anything including a ball bat.
                      You have clearly never been to Alaska.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I bought a Kia Sorento for my wife a few weeks ago. We like it, it suits our needs. A few days ago, the general manager of the dealership we bought it from spoke at an open comments portion of an Anchorage Borough Council meeting, confronting them on how they were trying to sneak a policy through and it went viral. He specifically called out the Mayor. Last night they torched 5 of his cars on the lot. The police station is 100 yards away. At least one was ruled arson. Publicly, he stated he didn’t think there was a connection.
                        Alaska is very close to having a citizen militia stood up. It has already been formed. Banning open carry of weapons in a threatening manner is unconstitutional because how else does a militia carry weapons? That is literally bearing arms.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

The things you described are illegal. The line is pretty bold. As far as those thinking I'm projecting, look at what happened with the Panthers and Reagan.
                          You're totally projecting. It wasn't even thinly veiled, it was clear as day projecting. This is funny, watch the clip, but in the broader sense, this clip can sort of explain why liberal projection is so transparent, you use words, thoughts and descriptions that no conservative uses. You described exactly how a liberal thinks a conservative would act, which is completely false.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Im not familiar with the Panthers and Reagan, which must have happened over 30 years ago. Can you elaborate?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Im not familiar with the Panthers and Reagan, which must have happened over 30 years ago. Can you elaborate?
                              Oh, you’re talking about the Mulford Act! That gun law that stopped open carry in California over 50 years ago because the Black Panthers were open carrying.

Yep, that was a racially motivated bipartisan bill that was passed as the Jim Crow era was coming to an end. Totally agree with you that gun control laws have often targeted black people. We should all stand up against gun control so as not to harm those most vulnerable!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Oh, you’re talking about the Mulford Act! That gun law that stopped open carry in California over 50 years ago because the Black Panthers were open carrying.

Yep, that was a racially motivated bipartisan bill that was passed as the Jim Crow era was coming to an end. Totally agree with you that gun control laws have often targeted black people. We should all stand up against gun control so as not to harm those most vulnerable!
                                It was also supported, and passed by a Democrtic controlled legislature. And, it didn't ban possession of firearms, just public carry of LOADED firearms. You could still legally carry unloaded weapons and keep a magazine in your pocket. You could then legally load and use said weapon, if needed, for defense.

Bobb was spouting a liberal talking point without realizing conservatives dont think this way.

Comment

Working...
                                X