Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

It was also supported, and passed by a Democrtic controlled legislature. And, it didn't ban possession of firearms, just public carry of LOADED firearms. You could still legally carry unloaded weapons and keep a magazine in your pocket. You could then legally load and use said weapon, if needed, for defense.

Bobb was spouting a liberal talking point without realizing conservatives dont think this way.
    I thought he was saying he was pro 2A because in historical context, there are numerous instances of gun control measures being racist. Nobody in todays society would want to be a anti-gun racist would they?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Oh, you’re talking about the Mulford Act! That gun law that stopped open carry in California over 50 years ago because the Black Panthers were open carrying.

Yep, that was a racially motivated bipartisan bill that was passed as the Jim Crow era was coming to an end. Totally agree with you that gun control laws have often targeted black people. We should all stand up against gun control so as not to harm those most vulnerable!
      How familiar are you with Wounded Knee? That’s my go to for Red Flag laws.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I thought he was saying he was pro 2A because in historical context, there are numerous instances of gun control measures being racist. Nobody in todays society would want to be a anti-gun racist would they?
        Great! We're all on the same page!
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Absolute ridiculousness. AK in the pharmacy rofl. Any idea what would happen if you started launching 7.62x39mm in a store? That's right... it wouldn't stop until it hit a stone wall.

Very impressed with the BLM chic's trigger discipline. That finger is ERECT boy!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            09.jpg10.jpg

I see zero need for this. If you have it on your back, have it in some sort of long gun holster or case.

If you are holding it in front of you or to the side, I consider that threatening.

I tried to cover race, political leaning, male/female, protest, and "casual".
            Total showboating slingin' the shotgun over the shoulder in Target. People that do this are personally adding a nail in the 2nd Amendment coffin (or pushing us closer to civil war). I'm 100% for people owning whatever they can afford to own, but I don't want to be standing in line next to a broad with a 12 gauge as tall as her. She decides to swing it around and she'll likely knock two or three of us out with the barrel before she even gets her finger on the trigger. When civil society has broken down and all the police are defunded and gone... that's when you bring your shottie to Target.

Comment

• Originally posted by GabriellePeake
              I don’t agree with gun control especially with this difficult situation in the world and especially in US, recently i had to buy a Glock 19 from friend because i think i need it in this situation to protect my family, actually this is my first experience with guns i only know guns on video games lol, before buying this pistol i watched many videos about guns and bullets and read some information about the basic parts of the bullet and the pistol on BulkMunitions because i think it’s important to know all these basics before start using guns. Now at least i have something to defend my family.
              Agreed across the board. Make sure you take some time to get familiar with it. Practice using it. Load it, unload it, take it apart and put it back together. Get a holster so that the trigger is protected when you pick it up!

Glock makes a very simple (in a good way) pistol. It’s a very practical, very efficient gun and fantastic to learn with!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by GabriellePeake
                I don’t agree with gun control especially with this difficult situation in the world and especially in US, recently i had to buy a Glock 19 from friend because i think i need it in this situation to protect my family, actually this is my first experience with guns i only know guns on video games lol, before buying this pistol i watched many videos about guns and bullets and read some information about the basic parts of the bullet and the pistol on BulkMunitions because i think it’s important to know all these basics before start using guns. Now at least i have something to defend my family.
                Your local range(s) all have training classes from basic to advance. Take advantage of them as they are not expensive and will make you a much safer gun owner.

Also, get your carry and conceal license even if you don’t plan on carrying. It does a few things.

1. It will educate yourself on the laws in your state about weapons.

2. It will give you permission to carry in those states that provide “reciprocity” - for Kansas it like 47 or 48 states.

3. It sends a political message to the politicians who might not take the 2A seriously if they can see a significant amount of their constituents with licenses.

4. It can help you in certain circumstances legally. Even though in Kansas you don’t need a license, there are places where if u dont have a license it is still illegal to carry. But if you have a license it won’t be an issue.

Also pick up Andrew Branca “Law of Self Defense, The Indispensable Guide for the Armed Citizen.

Comment

• Here’s a fun video from the leader of the Not ****ing Around Coalition! This gentleman lead the Louisville protest last weekend in which one member had an accidental discharge which lead to the injury of 3 NFAC members.

https://twitter.com/louisvillegun/st...576096771?s=21

For those that aren’t familiar with guns:

1 that is not a “shorty” in my mind.
                  2 it’s not a bullpup, which has the action behind the trigger (handle in front of the mag)
                  3 how the hell did he buy a gun over seas?
                  4 the bolt closing does not fire a round, it chambers it.

It’s kinda no wonder they had the whole accidental discharge thing.

Folks, take gun safety seriously!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Here’s a fun video from the leader of the Not ****ing Around Coalition! This gentleman lead the Louisville protest last weekend in which one member had an accidental discharge which lead to the injury of 3 NFAC members.

https://twitter.com/louisvillegun/st...576096771?s=21

For those that aren’t familiar with guns:

1 that is not a “shorty” in my mind.
                    2 it’s not a bullpup, which has the action behind the trigger (handle in front of the mag)
                    3 how the hell did he buy a gun over seas?
                    4 the bolt closing does not fire a round, it chambers it.

It’s kinda no wonder they had the whole accidental discharge thing.

Folks, take gun safety seriously!
                    Funny vid. I like the guy's passion.

Definitely not a bullpup lol.

Banging a gun on the ground stock first can cause accidental discharges. He's not wrong about that. The older the gun, the better the chance of having a trick firing pin. I have a Yugoslavian Tokarev 7.62x25mm pistol. It's from the 50's. Cleaned all the Cosmoline out of it. For people that don't know, the Soviets used to dip their weapons in Cosmoline to store them. It's like waxy oil. You heat it up and it melts off or you can use chemicals to remove it. But since the Soviets were crazed weapons manufacturers, AND stored them very well, we have an endless supply of surplus collectors to purchase. :)

Back to the story... the Tokarev is ***** dangerous. Once that thing is loaded you point it in the direction you want to fire and empty the magazine. NEVER carry it around loaded. If you drop it... well... you're gonna need some luck. That bullet penetrates like a MoFo. It's a poor man's 5.7x28mm. It will defeat body armor.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Banging a gun on the ground stock first can cause accidental discharges.
                      SMH - banging the butt of the gun on the ground stock is actually Army doctrine for like the last 80 years when moving under fire.

You might try googling:

FM 7-5, Infantry Field Manual
                      Soldier Training Publication (STP) 21-1-SMCT, Soldier's Manual of Common Tasks
                      FM-3-21.8 Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad
                      "U.S. Army doctrine Moving Under Direct Fire"

Or you can go to this link from Fort Benning and a story in Infantry Magazine

https://www.benning.army.mil/infantr...inger_Rush.pdf

You are welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

SMH - banging the butt of the gun on the ground stock is actually Army doctrine for like the last 80 years when moving under fire.

You might try googling:

FM 7-5, Infantry Field Manual
                        Soldier Training Publication (STP) 21-1-SMCT, Soldier's Manual of Common Tasks
                        FM-3-21.8 Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad
                        "U.S. Army doctrine Moving Under Direct Fire"

Or you can go to this link from Fort Benning and a story in Infantry Magazine

https://www.benning.army.mil/infantr...inger_Rush.pdf

You are welcome.
                        Hey Pvt. Pyle... why don't you go shake your head over a nice cold air vent.

Don't ever attempt to correct me again.

http://monderno.com/training/acciden...arge-question/

Also, most common sporting shotguns like the Remington and Mossberg pump action shotguns are not drop safe. They have no internal firing pin block, but only a simple trigger block safety. This can result in an inertia discharge of the gun if dropped or struck directly on the buttstock with a large enough force. One of the most common hunting accidents is a shotgun being dropped butt first from a tree stand and discharging as it hits the ground, thus wounding the hunter above. Because of this, in our shotgun courses we carry our shotguns slung with an empty chamber, and only chamber a round when immediately deploying the gun towards a threat.
                        I'd recommend not staring down the barrel of your weapon next time you start banging it on the ground...

You are welcome.

P.S. Apologies to the readers who were temporarily "informed" on the issue without proper context.

READERS: ALWAYS CARRY A LOADED WEAPON SECURELY! NEVER BANG IT ON ANYTHING WHEN A ROUND IS CHAMBERED.

Comment

Hey Pvt. Pyle... why don't you go shake your head over a nice cold air vent.

http://monderno.com/training/acciden...arge-question/

I'd recommend not staring down the barrel of your weapon next time you start banging it on the ground...

You are welcome.

P.S. Apologies to the readers who were temporarily "informed" on the issue without proper context.

READERS: ALWAYS CARRY A LOADED WEAPON SECURELY! NEVER BANG IT ON ANYTHING WHEN A ROUND IS CHAMBERED.
                          You’re talking about something different. Military rifles are drop safe. We aren’t talking about shotguns. If a modern rifle or pistol is dropped and goes off, that’s an epic safety fail on the part of the manufacturer.

You should always be careful. You shouldn’t test this fact, but it is a fact.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Wannabe Cold,

And what will you do when I do?

Your buffoonery is really becoming "legendary" but not in a good way. Whatever position you take is pretty much these days is always wrong. Maybe you should start going against your instincts and be like George Costanza in the show where he went against his instincts so he could be right.

BTW, you are still wrong. And I believe dozens of gun owner actually demonstrated how foolish you are. I know you would have tried to demonstrate it for us, but since you only own airsoft guns it is rather difficult for you.

Pfft...

Was that your airsoft gun prematurely discharging or was that the wind whistling between your ears?

Comment

You’re talking about something different. Military rifles are drop safe. We aren’t talking about shotguns. If a modern rifle or pistol is dropped and goes off, that’s an epic safety fail on the part of the manufacturer.

You should always be careful. You shouldn’t test this fact, but it is a fact.
                              "Military rifles" are drop safe when they are in proper working condition. Most rifles available to the public are not "Mil-Spec". Colt was one of the few back when I was collecting AR's.

Regardless, when I give advice on here I'm very careful with my words as I know my audience will - on average - have very basic weapons knowledge.

When the clown attempted to "correct" me he was unwittingly sending a dangerous message to the average Joe.

Yes, some guns are "drop safe". Not all guns are drop safe which was my exact original quote. All guns should be considered NOT drop safe because they shouldn't be dropped/bumped/banged - particularly while loaded. AD's come in all different shapes and sizes. Some are mechanical, some are due to improper manufacture/out-of-spec/non-mil-spec, some are due to improper maintenance, some are due to poor/old design, some are due to trigger group modifications/insufficient sear engagement, some are due to improperly sized ammo/seated primers, and most are user error. The moment you think something could never happen, it will. I've heard it all.

Your typical American owns an older shotgun or hunting rifle, not the latest and greatest military rifle from Colt.

This is all I'm going to say on the issue. Signing off. Have a safe weekend.

Comment

"Military rifles" are drop safe when they are in proper working condition. Most rifles available to the public are not "Mil-Spec". Colt was one of the few back when I was collecting AR's.

Regardless, when I give advice on here I'm very careful with my words as I know my audience will - on average - have very basic weapons knowledge.

When the clown attempted to "correct" me he was unwittingly sending a dangerous message to the average Joe.

Yes, some guns are "drop safe". Not all guns are drop safe which was my exact original quote. All guns should be considered NOT drop safe because they shouldn't be dropped/bumped/banged - particularly while loaded. AD's come in all different shapes and sizes. Some are mechanical, some are due to improper manufacture/out-of-spec/non-mil-spec, some are due to improper maintenance, some are due to poor/old design, some are due to trigger group modifications/insufficient sear engagement, some are due to improperly sized ammo/seated primers, and most are user error. The moment you think something could never happen, it will. I've heard it all.

Your typical American owns an older shotgun or hunting rifle, not the latest and greatest military rifle from Colt.

This is all I'm going to say on the issue. Signing off. Have a safe weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X