Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    Yes, probably so. Where are you heading KraRam?
    First, I am not advocating picking up guns...

So I guess where I am heading is; at some point (other than store theft) all guns had to be purchased legally, supposedly by someone and from someone who would be responsible for that transaction. So if all of us law abiding, know how to use a gun and show the respect it deserves are doing the right thing, how did all these "illegal" guns get on the street? I think my issue is that groups like the NRA are so adamant about any form of gun control, and we have become a society that thinks more is better, is wrong. Those of us who are responsible need to hold all responsible. And if that means limiting certain guns/ammo that have no value to society other than to make a bigger hole, or pass through any material, or explode on impact less or non-accessible to the public, is that necessarily bad?

And MoValley I agree with you...but unfortunately in the past couple of weeks, we have seen "responsible" gun owners shoot themselves in the leg, take aim and shoot at shoplifter while they drive away in a parking lot, kids get shot. You should not hear about those that are taking care of their guns, but rules / laws were not made for those that are doing the right thing, they are put in place because somebody decided they don't have to follow rules / laws. We will see more of these stupid acts because hey let's sell guns and not require any training or understanding of what the ramifications are if you discharge your weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
      We will see more of these stupid acts because hey let's sell guns and not require any training or understanding of what the ramifications are if you discharge your weapon.
      This is more a state law problem. I don't live in Kansas. You need a license simply to own a handgun where I live. All handguns must also be registered with the sheriff. I have no problem with any of this. A conceal carry permit requires additional instruction. I have no problem with this, either.

I own lots of guns,I don't want them taken from me. I'm also NOT a member of the NRA. That said, if forced to choose to join the NRA, or support the current gun control crowd, I'll join the NRA.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

In reality, as divisive as the issue has become, it won't end until all guns are melted down.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Setting the 2nd Amendment aside for a moment, living in a free society comes with responsibility and risk. I don't mean to devalue the life of anyone, but it seems to me the effort and emotion wrapped up in this issue is out of proportion to the size of the actual problem. We don't want anyone to lose their life prematurely, whether by gun violence, vehicular homicide, suicide, medical malpractice, you name it. But I wonder just how the numbers of innocent victims of gun violence (those not directly related to criminal activity) compare with all the other ways people die prematurely.

I have just come to accept the inherent risk that comes from living in a society where individual liberty and both inherent and Constitutional rights are, hopefully, still an ideal to strive for. And when someone violates that liberty or those rights, we as a society hold the violator(s) individually responsible, not the collective group we like to lump them into.

I know I'm probably being too philosophical, but that's never stopped me before! :)

Comment

So, I went to Wal-Mart today,this is what I bought.
            20151023_132635.jpg

Generally, I reload, but we ran out of 5 shot. Voing to 9:00 AM Mass on Sunday. As soon as Mass is over, I'm kissing my wife and kids goodbye, throwing my shotgun and gear in the back of the white Tahoe, and heading to Siuth Dakota with three other guys. We are literally doing the gun and gear transfer in the church parking lot. Got the okay from the priest and one of the deacons is also making the trip. Back in town on Thursday. Pheasant hunting in South Dakota is the only place to go.

This post WAS on topic because I posted a picture of 1-1/4 oz 5 shot shells. Plus, I talked about my gun and shooting things.
            Last edited by MoValley John; October 23, 2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

For the record, I have five boxes of really hot loads that we made this week. So, yeah, I plan on shooting more than two boxes. We are also taking four flats of target loads and a one step target thrower.

Comment

청약안내, 분양가, 광주광역시, 신축아파트, 오시는길, 상담원연결, 위치안내, 상담원연결

This is where we are going. Lodging, plus guided hunt with dogs and guide. We've done this before. AWESOME!
                I'll send photos.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post

And MoValley I agree with you...but unfortunately in the past couple of weeks, we have seen "responsible" gun owners shoot themselves in the leg,
                  If you are talking about the guy in Topeka - he was not a responsible gun owner. A responsible gun owner doesn't just shove a gun in their pocket or pants with out the proper holster to guard the trigger.

take aim and shoot at shoplifter while they drive away in a parking lot, kids get shot.
                  Another case of non-responsible gun owner. License to carry a weapon doesn't deputize you.

You should not hear about those that are taking care of their guns, but rules / laws were not made for those that are doing the right thing, they are put in place because somebody decided they don't have to follow rules / laws. We will see more of these stupid acts because hey let's sell guns and not require any training or understanding of what the ramifications are if you discharge your weapon.
                  So are you also advocating that people should also get training (like defensive driving course) before they get their license and start driving? Can people really understand the ramification and responsibilities of driving a vehicle just by passing a written test without specific state sponsored training ? People behind the wheel kill a lot more people than accidental discharges or guns in general.

You always going to see stupid people do stupid things. It doesn't matter how much training you give them. Almost every week there is a story of police officer who has an accidental discharge. No amount of training actually makes stupid people smart. But there is reason why honest citizens arm themselves - they want to feel safe and be able to protect themselves and their families.

Comment

I'm kinda interested in all the gun show loophole discussion. My dad is 94, he owns 20 guns, and I don't know how the heck I'd get rid of all of them. I know my sister would take some, but I'm sure she couldn't take all of them.

Whatever I get, I'd probably sell, but I'd probably want to make sure they went to someone I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                      I'm kinda interested in all the gun show loophole discussion. My dad is 94, he owns 20 guns, and I don't know how the heck I'd get rid of all of them. I know my sister would take some, but I'm sure she couldn't take all of them.

Whatever I get, I'd probably sell, but I'd probably want to make sure they went to someone I knew.
                      You sell the good ones to me at a deeply discounted rate. You take the rusted, crappy wallhangers and turn them into the police on one of their amnesty days.

Comment

In all seriousness, you keep what you want and sell the rest to a dealer. What the dealers won't take, turn them in during a gun turn in day.

Show the guns to several dealers, let them know that you are showing them to several dealers before any decisions are made. Take the fairest price. If you go to the gun show to sell, without knowing what you are doing, you are going to get screwed. Likewise, if you only show to one dealer, you might as well lube up before walking in the door.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

I would recommend taking your guns and flying to NJ (of couse transport them within in all laws and regulations). When you get to NJ, just go up to the first law enforcers officer you see, and tell him you have some guns you want them to buy - he will fix u up real quick.

Other option - go to your local cabellas or gander mountain (or multitude of Ffl dealers in the Houston area) - they will buy them from you and you won't have to worry.

Comment

20151025_122712.jpg

Beautiful downtown Sioux City.

Comment

20151025_140809.jpg

Quarry off of I-29 in beautiful Sioux Falls.

Comment

Screenshot_2015-10-25-15-55-10.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X