Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeb Bush or Donald Trump?

Discuss

Oh, crap - Mods - can you correct my typo in the Title?
    Last edited by Aargh; June 16, 2015, 10:47 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Discuss
    Neither.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      Neither.
      I agree.

Comment

Sanders or Paul

Comment

Bush has a shot, perhaps. He should carry Florida and his wife is Hispanic. Nowadays that is more important than a candidate's positions.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Bush has a shot, perhaps. He should carry Florida and his wife is Hispanic. Nowadays that is more important than a candidate's positions.
            And Trump is MEGA rich. Don't under estimate that.

Comment

So what I want to know is will the same republicans who demanded John Kerry excommunicated for disagreeing with the pope on birth control also be demanding that the pope excommunicate Jeb Bush for disagreeing with the pope's upcoming pronouncement on climate change? And if not, how will they explain this glaring inconsistency? Was it not OK to be a 'cafeteria Catholic' 12 years ago but now it's OK?

Let me grab the popcorn and watch!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Bush will carry Florida if he gets the nomination. There are enough Cubans there who are conservative and will vote for him.

As far as the broader national picture, most latinos view Bush the same way as Rubio and Cruz - a vendemos who sold them out on immigration reform.

The republicans, sadly, will not get the latino vote because of their lack of movement on immigration reform. The reason that's sad for republicans because many of them are conservative (many of them are social conservatives, and it would surprise you how many of them also watch Fox news) and could be easily persuaded to vote republican if reform was enacted.

Think of it like this: The immigration issue is to latinos what the abortion issue is to evangelicals. That one issue will influence a lot of voters. Many of them either have or have had someone in their family with immigration issues.

Comment

Jeb Bush or Donald Trump in what? A fight? A knitting contest? Quilting? Beer drinking?

Oh, you mean like to be President of the United States?

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    So what I want to know is will the same republicans who demanded John Kerry excommunicated for disagreeing with the pope on birth control also be demanding that the pope excommunicate Jeb Bush for disagreeing with the pope's upcoming pronouncement on climate change? And if not, how will they explain this glaring inconsistency? Was it not OK to be a 'cafeteria Catholic' 12 years ago but now it's OK?

Let me grab the popcorn and watch!
                    Before I answer, are you a practicing Catholic? It is an important to know because while an outsider might think you are using a valid comparison, a practicing Catholic should understand the silliness of the question you posed.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Before I answer, are you a practicing Catholic? It is an important to know because while an outsider might think you are using a valid comparison, a practicing Catholic should understand the silliness of the question you posed.

no ****

Comment

I was at a lunch where Rick Perry spoke a couple weeks ago. It was mostly filled with the usual red meat to fire up the base, but there was one topic that I thought was pretty interesting.

He spoke for maybe 10 minutes about the decentralization (read to mean more private involvement and less state) of the oil economy in Mexico. He believes that in the next decade they will experience an oil boom there akin to what parts of Texas and the Dakotas have seen in the last 10+ years with oil and gas, and this will (i) slow border crossings significantly, and (ii) create a sort of reverse migration effect where a sizable portion of the non-permanent U.S. residents from Mexico who came here primarily for future economic benefits (not those fleeing drug violence, etc.) will return to Mexico to develop those fields. It was an interesting discussion although I am sure there are plenty of leaps of faith involved in arriving at such a conclusion.

I still have no idea who I will support in the primary. I am sure one of them will eventually entice me to hold my nose and vote for them, but it is kind of like choosing between 15 different options in the Cici's pizza line 10 minutes before they close - lots of options and they all look meh.

Comment

I thought the question was pretty silly when Kerry ran. But no, I'm not a Catholic, I'm very close to a latina who goes to church at least 3 times a week and regularly sprinkles me with holy water. She's tried to convert me, but I really don't go to church, primarily because there are too many people who DO go, then do very unchristian-like things once they leave the church (or maybe while they're inside the church but not during services). I saw too much of that when I was very active in my church, got tired of it and quit going to church.

In other words, I'm most probably an agnostic who views many people who profess themselves as 'deeply religious' to be somewhat hypocritical.

Your actions and words demonstrate your religion. If you follow what's in the bible and love your neighbor as yourself, follow the 10 commandments and so forth, you are a true Christian. If you consider yourself to be that way and actively practice your faith, I commend you.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            I was at a lunch where Rick Perry spoke a couple weeks ago. It was mostly filled with the usual red meat to fire up the base, but there was one topic that I thought was pretty interesting.

He spoke for maybe 10 minutes about the decentralization (read to mean more private involvement and less state) of the oil economy in Mexico. He believes that in the next decade they will experience an oil boom there akin to what parts of Texas and the Dakotas have seen in the last 10+ years with oil and gas, and this will (i) slow border crossings significantly, and (ii) create a sort of reverse migration effect where a sizable portion of the non-permanent U.S. residents from Mexico who came here primarily for future economic benefits (not those fleeing drug violence, etc.) will return to Mexico to develop those fields. It was an interesting discussion although I am sure there are plenty of leaps of faith involved in arriving at such a conclusion.

I still have no idea who I will support in the primary. I am sure one of them will eventually entice me to hold my nose and vote for them, but it is kind of like choosing between 15 different options in the Cici's pizza line 10 minutes before they close - lots of options and they all look meh.
                            The Mexican government will need to vastly improve their infrastructure (they don't fix pipelines until they spring REALLY bad leaks) and deal with their cartel problem (the cartels will drill a hole in a pipeline, put a tap in and simply turn the spigot).

However, Rick's comments make sense. Many latin countries (including Venezuela) have had issues related to production of oil after they nationalized their oil companies. They don't pay well enough and don't have the resources to get the really good petroleum geoligists as well as the companies with the technologies who can get to the deposits and get them them out.

Other than that, I don't buy it. No one's going to invest in any projects down there as long as you have LaTuta (head of Calberos Tempalarios) or CJNG (Cartel Jalisco Nuevo Generation) confiscating land from ranchers on the wrong end of an automatic rifle. Plomo o plata, and the plata ain't much because of the plomo.

Comment

"these 15...........CRASH..........10, TEN commandments"

Comment

Working...
                              X