Jeb Bush or Gov. Christie 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeb Bush or Gov. Christie 2016?

Is this what we are really going to be left with? it is the NYT - but really?

eb Bush’s increasingly serious and public examination of a run for president has shaken the ranks of establishment Republican donors and fund-raisers who had planned to back Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey in 2016, forcing many of them to rethink their allegiance to the embattled governor.

In private conversations that are now seeping into public view, some of them are signaling to Mr. Christie’s camp that, should Mr. Bush enter the race, their first loyalty would be to him, not to Mr. Christie, according to interviews with more than two dozen of them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/02/us/politics/jeb-bushs-2016-flirtations-test-loyaltyof-christiebackers.html?hp&_r=0

If the committee can prove Hillary was involved in the Benghazi coverup, it's over for her and the Dims.

Comment

I hope like hell they can, Pin, but the liberals are masters at covering their asses and the likelihood of actually proving anything is extremely slim.

Comment

Pay absolutely no attention to what I say as I firmly believed that there was absolutely no way possible anyone with a name so similar to Osama, who had absolutely no experience whatsoever, and who refused to honor the flag of the country he wanted to be presiden of, could ever hope of winning the 2008 election.

There are certainly much worse things (Hillary) that could happen than Jeb Bush or Christie getting the nod. But this country is very unlikely to elect another Bush family member and Christie has a lot of baggage to cover up, although he has a far better chance than Jeb.

The Republicans need to put forth a very strong, relatively young ticket, if they want to have any chance of winning. And they are going to have to capture a higher percentage of the minority and women voters.

So look for Jeb to get the Republican nomination and win the Presidential election.

Comment

Jeb Bush will simply not be allowed to win because of his last name. Being a Bush can have its perks, but I believe the SS Ride the Bush Family Name ship has sailed. Christie seems to be running on a shortage of love since Bridgegate. The odds that Hillary actually sees some sort of justice for her role in Benghazi is slim to none because, as she put so clearly, "What difference does it make?" If Bush and Christie are the best the Republican party has to offer, this country has another long 8 years ahead of it. I believe Republicans can do much, much better.
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Rubio, Paul, and Cruz should be the frontrunners.

The McCain/Romney style "next-in-line" establishment candidates, are just not going to get the support of the conservative media (i.e. free press).
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

I believe Paul would be a breath of fresh air. Granted, I tend to have a bit of a Libertarian streak.
              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

I think Rand Paul would be outstanding.

While social issues are important to me, Paul's Libertarian philosophies shouldn't scare off social liberals who want economic sanity.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

If the right wing of the GOP doesn't get behind one, and only one, of the three conservatives listed above, a RINO will be the nominee again.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    Rubio, Paul, and Cruz should be the frontrunners.

The McCain/Romney style "next-in-line" establishment candidates, are just not going to get the support of the conservative media (i.e. free press).
                    From what I have heard and seen of Rubio I like. Rand Paul I am just not sure about yet and Cruz scares me. He is too over the top. I also agree that running another Bush just wouldn't be a good idea. Although I don't think I really have anything against Jeb other than his last name is too worn out right now.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                      From what I have heard and seen of Rubio I like. Rand Paul I am just not sure about yet and Cruz scares me. He is too over the top. I also agree that running another Bush just wouldn't be a good idea. Although I don't think I really have anything against Jeb other than his last name is too worn out right now.
                      you would think the clinton name would be to, but they are prepping things for Hillary and then Chelsa

Comment

I hope Gov. Christie gets the nomination. I think Bridgegate is to the Republicans what Bengazi is to the dems.

Too much gotcha politics on both sides. I want someone who will reach across the aisles and work with the opposition when it is prudent to do so.

Comment

I think Christie can go commit an unnatural act.

Comment

Like you do? I guess strange things go on in 'Gods country'. Perhaps you can educate us about that.

Comment

Like you do........wow that was clever

Comment

Working...
                              X