2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    During the opening day of the 2024 Republican National Convention, Donald Trump announced the selection of Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) as his running mate.

Trump wrote on Truth Social:
    After lengthy deliberation and thought, and considering the tremendous talents of many others, I have decided that the person best suited to assume the position of Vice President of the United States is Senator J.D. Vance of the Great State of Ohio. J.D. honorably served our Country in the Marine Corps, graduated from Ohio State University in two years, Summa Cum Laude, and is a Yale Law School Graduate, where he was Editor of The Yale Law Journal, and President of the Yale Law Veterans Association. J.D.’s book, “Hillbilly Elegy,” became a Major Best Seller and Movie, as it championed the hardworking men and women of our Country. J.D. has had a very successful business career in Technology and Finance, and now, during the Campaign, will be strongly focused on the people he fought so brilliantly for, the American Workers and Farmers in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota, and far beyond….

Hillbilly Eligy sounds like it my be a good read:

Hillbilly Elegy is a passionate and personal analysis of a culture in crisis—that of white working-class Americans. The disintegration of this group, a process that has been slowly occurring now for more than forty years, has been reported with growing frequency and alarm, but has never before been written about as searingly from the inside. J. D. Vance tells the true story of what a social, regional, and class decline feels like when you were born with it hung around your neck.

The Vance family story begins hopefully in postwar America. J. D.’s grandparents were “dirt poor and in love,” and moved north from Kentucky’s Appalachia region to Ohio in the hopes of escaping the dreadful poverty around them. They raised a middle-class family, and eventually one of their grandchildren would graduate from Yale Law School, a conventional marker of success in achieving generational upward mobility. But as the family saga of Hillbilly Elegy plays out, we learn that J.D.'s grandparents, aunt, uncle, sister, and, most of all, his mother struggled profoundly with the demands of their new middle-class life, never fully escaping the legacy of abuse, alcoholism, poverty, and trauma so characteristic of their part of America. With piercing honesty, Vance shows how he himself still carries around the demons of his chaotic family history.

A deeply moving memoir, with its share of humor and vividly colorful figures, Hillbilly Elegy is the story of how upward mobility really feels. And it is an urgent and troubling meditation on the loss of the American dream for a large segment of this country.​
    Great read.

Comment

• I suppose Trump is confident he'll win regardless, and I do like Vance, but he won't bring in a single vote, and will almost certainly cost the ticket some.

Comment

• I'm thinking the main attractiveness of JD Vance to the Trump ticket is at least a hoped for strength in the Democrat Blue Wall States of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Comment

• Read his book...........hard not to respect him

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I suppose Trump is confident he'll win regardless, and I do like Vance, but he won't bring in a single vote, and will almost certainly cost the ticket some.
            Vance is no guarantee, but his youth could end up being a stabilizing force for the GOP for a very long time to come if he pans out. Military background, tech background, lawyer, entrepreneurial and youthful.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

youthful.
                  This is bigger than most will admit.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Every American is feeling the pinch of excessive inflation, especially those with the least safety net to begin with. Among other factors, this is driven by massive overspending from the government…

Can't vote for him. Closing overseas bases would be the stupidest decision ever made. Something he would never be able to pull off. His immigration policy seems a bit too loose as well.

A list of 236 political views and policies made by Chase Oliver in 2024.

Failed the Covidiot test! Oopsies!

Comment

• He’s grabbing at straws. Biden now wants to limit powers and change the SCOTUS.

Comment

• Remember when the Dems said the GOP HAD to oust George Santos because he was a liar? He hadn't done anything wrong in office, he was just a fraud. The DEMs were beside themselves that the GOP allowed him to stay for a day. Almost a year later he still hasn't his day in court but his last day in the House was December 1.

Senator Menendez was found guilty today on all counts. ****head Schumer has called on him to resign. Should have resigned months ago (or the first time everyone knew he was corrupt but got off). Where is the outrage? Frankly, from either side? He ought to be shot for treason if we're being honest.

Comment

• BREAKING: Per federal law enforcement source, yesterday, HSI & Capitol Police surveilling the RNC secure perimeter stopped a suspicious man wearing a ski mask blocks away from Fiserv Forum. I’m told he had a AK47 pistol, a full magazine, & a Scream mask in a large backpack he was carrying. Milwaukee PD arrested him. Unknown what his plans or intentions were.​
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Wearing a mask in public should be grounds for an immediate wood shampoo.

Comment

• Damn. Ramaswamy is outstanding!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Watching Caitlin Collins pleasure herself while interview Zelenskyy as he proceeds to lecture J.D. Vance about knowledge of war and economics tightens my colon.

Hey Vlad, in case you didn't know, Sen. Vance volunteered to serve this great nation as a God Damned Marine you feckless tv star. And if you want to minimize his service by saying he was a correspondent, fine, you go do that job in Iraq and tell me how easy it was). You didn't even serve your compulsory time in the military. He also graduated from an actual law school instead of some random clown Ukrainian diploma factory.

And it's honestly not even Zelenskyy that bothers me (and yeah he does). It's our media fawning over him, like he's some genius, correcting our politicians. Trump was right when he insulted Collins.

Comment

Working...
                                X