Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• election 22.jpg
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Is this a red wave or more like a Koolaid spill? I can't tell.

Comment

• Historically, with a President Approval numbers of 44% would yield the following gains by the Republicans

House: +28 Seats
      Senate: +4 Seats

Comment

• Outside of Florida this is going to be a bad night for the GOP. They better start listening to the Governor of Florida, like right now.

Comment

• Nice to see the Lacey Cruse era come to an end. She was a whackjob.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The House is going to be close. GOP are hardly making any inroads.

The Senate probably is going to be 50-49 with a runoff in Ga, if the right is lucky.

I’ve worried for a long time that we would reach that tipping point, and I fear we’re there. This is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Nice to see the Lacey Cruse era come to an end. She was a whackjob.
              At least there is a little sanity

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Schmidt, Kobach, Brownback all do a good job of presenting as the angry white male that the left claim portrays the entire Republican Party. Until that bunch gets pushed aside, any Democrat void of scandal will win.
                Kansas has a history of liberal Republicans (Graves, Hayden as Republicans) who are willing spend lots of money to fund public schools well. The problem I see moving forward is that parents are going to wake up to a Kansas public school problem going liberal on trans, Restroom/locker room, sports, and other liberal issues that have exploded in Virginia and other states around the country. In those states, private schools and home schools have exploded because of the issues and test scores have gone down. These problems have not existed in large numbers in Kansas yet, but they are smoldering, and eventually they will. Derby had conflict on these issues this year, and their BOE settled a compromise with their school teachers/administrators.

Brownback mishandled his leadership, and Kodach has too, but we haven’t had any conservative Republicans yet who were successful on abortion, and the controversial issues that will be coming down the pike.

Florida does look pretty good right now.
                Last edited by Shockm; November 8, 2022, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  The House is going to be close. GOP are hardly making any inroads.

The Senate probably is going to be 50-49 with a runoff in Ga, if the right is lucky.

I’ve worried for a long time that we would reach that tipping point, and I fear we’re there. This is terrible.
                  Seems like the fix might be in again.

Comment

• So is this thing rigged or are people really ok with the way this economy is and inflation isn’t that big a deal?

Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Told you all a while back that I would be surprised if the Republicans won the House and/or the Senate. I'm an OTR truck driver and most people in this country unfortunately don't care about anything other than their freebies and their ideology. The results tonight have not surprised me at all.
                      You can't handle the truth!

Get out of Dodge!

Comment

• This is an disaster for the Republicans. They had the chance to make significant gains and failed. They will take the House, most likely, but probably lost the Senate. The party needs to look at Florida as a blueprint for where the party needs to go. Next election will be a better setup to take back the Senate, but that is no help now. Time to get to work and make some changes.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• NBC's projection is R218 D217. Pathetic! I guess the American people deserve what they get at this point.

The latest results and live updates on the 2022 midterm House of Representatives elections by state. See how many seats Republicans or Democrats have gained or lost.
                          You can't handle the truth!

Get out of Dodge!

Comment

• Just to show you how unlikeable Schmidt and Kobach are to voters look at the other races such as Secretary of State and see how the Republican candidates dominated.

Last edited by shoxlax; November 9, 2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Speaking as a Kansan, Kobach and Schmidt are dipshits. Gridlock at the state level is fine. Local towns won't be having any of the woke B.S. They will be fine. What I want is someone in KS that will not allow Federal overreach and fight it. But, I think as long as we have other stares that will, it will be ok.

As a whole country....

We are getting close to where over half of our citizens are perfectly fine with government being the bowling lane bumpers and bowling a 98, instead of being self sufficient and living your life as you see fit. We are a docile population and 5% who aren't know that they can basically control 40-60% of people who just want to get along. They live in cities with crazies and are used to trying to ignore them so they don't get assaulted. They also don't know that they are being conned and don't think for themselves. They just go about a routine.

That leaves about a third of the people that also want to be left alone, but really want to be left alone and don't want to accomodate stupid **** and imconveniences to do it. They want the freedoms of traditional America.

I think true freedom scares more people than not. Because true freedom allows for failure.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The Kansas amendment to Amend state constitution to authorize state lawmakers to suspend rules enacted by the executive branch - is losing big
                                It ended up losing, but not big. 49.7% to 50.3%.

I do wonder how many people actually understood what it was they were voting for. I don't recall seeing a lot of talk or news about it heading into yesterday and I'm going to guess a lot of people are too impatient to read what the ballot said before they voted.

Which then just goes back to my complaint about lazy voters in general who don't look into all candidates and just vote for letters as well.

As much as I'm not a fan of Mann, I'm still surprised that he lost to Kobach, who may be the most unlikable person I can recall in Kansas politics. At least in recent memory.

I'm also a little surprised to see the Governor's race as close as it is. Looks like it hasn't been called just yet, with only 98% reporting, but Kelly is up by less than 2%. I'm no fan of Kelly, but in the grand scheme of things she hasn't been near as bad as expected, or as some people try to make her out. The beauty of a split power structure, at both the state and federal levels, is that nobody can just rubber stamp things through. She can't force an insane liberal agenda on us and the House and Senate can't force any absurd legislation through.

Gridlock isn't always bad. Most of the time, it's good.

Though most of the races in Kansas still show that Kansas is a red state, but I've also never felt it's near as red as it's portrayed.

On the bright side, Butler County appears that they're going to allow alcohol sales with no requirement of a certain % of food sales required. Though for some reason those results haven't been updated on KSN since 50%. So I suppose it could change. I've always thought that was a stupid rule.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X