Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court possibly overturning Roe v Wade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise the Lord.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Great day! There is absolutely no constitutional basis for abortion and the SC has done the right thing by overturning this fraud of a decision. Way past due.

Comment

• There are so many angles to this, it fascinates me. 2 thoughts I am thinking right now:

My neighbor, big lefty, great family, 3 wonderful kids they adore and do anything for. They have a pro abortion sign in their yard. I would love to ask her to imagine any of her kids having been aborted after seeing them now.

I also Still intrigued by the ultra feminists. I would love to ask them why they care? Having sex with the patriarchy is pretty antithetical to your worldview. Men are evil, don't bang them and abortions are no necessary.

But, really, it all comes down to America being a country of sluts. Both men and women. Morals or lackthereof have consequences. The left keeps wanting to eliminate consequences. This may put some back into the equation, which may reinstill some morals. Longshot, but...
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• "This is an act of war against women!"

But what exactly is a woman?

[silence]

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            "This is an act of war against women!"

But what exactly is a woman?

[silence]
            People are whacko. It is not a war against women. It is a righting of a wrong that is almost 50 years old. The constitution never gave any explicit right for an abortion of any kind. The left can get triggered all they want but facts are facts.

Comment

• LOL!

Comment

• These are stories that you don't often hear much about.

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/epi...s-part-1-of-2/

https://www.lifenews.com/2021/08/03/amazing-photo-shows-16-people-who-survived-abortions/

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/06/25/woman-who-survived-abortion-i-was-left-to-die-as-medical-waste/

The infant, Tim, would soon come to be known as the Oldenburg Baby by the rest of the world. Though he survived the abortion and was born breathing and moving, medical personnel believed that he would die anyway. Denying him medical assistance, they wrapped him in a towel and left him alone for nine hours without any other care or treatment.

When medical personnel returned to collect the corpse, however, the child had not died. Though Tim’s body temperature had dropped massively, he was still living and breathing.

Taking pity on him, one of the nurses cared for the infant until doctors finally provided him with medical attention.

How often do they not take pity, and just "murder" the born baby?
                Last edited by Shockm; June 25, 2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• “Hey, we read the Constitution. It ain’t in there. Sorry.” ———SCOTUS

Comment

• Here’s what will possibly become the next issue in the Culture Wars. Will authoritarian Leftists enforce the SCOTUS Abortion ruling?

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...-abortion-bans

Already liberal prosecutors in Michigan, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Louisiana, and Georgia have vowed not to prosecute cases that come under the changes to Roe V. Wade.

Just who are the Authoritarians who will not Bow to anyone who disagrees with them in our Democracy/Republic? Sounds like the Democrat Party Leftists.
                    Last edited by Shockm; June 25, 2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      Here’s what will possibly become the next issue in the Culture Wars. Will authoritarian Leftists enforce the SCOTUS Abortion ruling?
                      Supreme Court did not ban abortion. All they said is it is not a right in the constitution, and it is now up to the states to decide for themselves.

28 out 50 states have legal abortion (including Kansas). This is actually a victory for the abortionist - there is nobody restraining them.

Comment

• Yeah, states like CA, IL and NY will have abortion in the delivery rooms.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Some of them ladies upset about the Roe decision have threatened to practice abstinence as a protest........ Hey girls, there's a thought for ya..........

Comment

• I truly understand some of the arguments on both sides of the debate.

The thing I don't get is the extremists that totally go off the deep end and scream about things that aren't true regarding this decision. They don't do their side any good.

I also get tired of those same people claiming this is leading to a theocracy and trying to compare things to A Handmaids Tale. Nothing about the Roe v Wade decision made by SCOTUS bans abortion access. It only rightly moves it back to the States where it truly belongs. And of the States that currently have "bans" on abortion following this decision, they all have exemptions for "medically necessary" abortions that are deemed acceptable if the mother is at risk. I believe most of those states also have exemptions for rape and incest, which I believe account for less than 1% of all abortions. Also, a number of atheists are pro-life because of how they view the science of it and the belief that life begins either at conception or when the heart begins beating. Which is another reason I hate the pro-choice side always whining about religion when it comes to abortion. Though the pro-life side does have that segment that only bases their views on the bible, or their beliefs, which also doesn't do their side any good because we're talking about governments role in this. Focus on the taxes that go to PP and other institutions that provide them. Focus on the science of life beginning and where that line should/could be drawn.

Now, access to abortions of inconvenience will be more difficult for some as those will no longer be allowed in many States. And that number will grow. I'd say around half of the States within the next few years will have restrictions on abortions of convenience while the other half will mostly probably allow abortions up until birth.

I've seen some libertarians split on this decision, but I've also seen a lot of the pro-choice libertarians celebrating it because it has removed the federal government from an equation that they never should have been involved with in the first place. This is something that is a sensitive topic to people on both sides and for valid reasons/concerns. The rational on both sides can probably have solid debates and potentially even come to some sort of agreements on how they believe it should be handled. Not saying 100% agreement, but a rational tolerance that would probably be acceptable to most, if we were going for a one size fits all approach.

I've personally always felt this should be an issue for the States to decide how they believe it should be handled and I'm glad that SCOTUS has come to this conclusion. It will be interesting to see how things proceed not only in Kansas, but a number of other States over the coming months and the next few years.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I truly understand some of the arguments on both sides of the debate.

The thing I don't get is the extremists that totally go off the deep end and scream about things that aren't true regarding this decision. They don't do their side any good.

I also get tired of those same people claiming this is leading to a theocracy and trying to compare things to A Handmaids Tale. Nothing about the Roe v Wade decision made by SCOTUS bans abortion access. It only rightly moves it back to the States where it truly belongs. And of the States that currently have "bans" on abortion following this decision, they all have exemptions for "medically necessary" abortions that are deemed acceptable if the mother is at risk. I believe most of those states also have exemptions for rape and incest, which I believe account for less than 1% of all abortions. Also, a number of atheists are pro-life because of how they view the science of it and the belief that life begins either at conception or when the heart begins beating. Which is another reason I hate the pro-choice side always whining about religion when it comes to abortion. Though the pro-life side does have that segment that only bases their views on the bible, or their beliefs, which also doesn't do their side any good because we're talking about governments role in this. Focus on the taxes that go to PP and other institutions that provide them. Focus on the science of life beginning and where that line should/could be drawn.

Now, access to abortions of inconvenience will be more difficult for some as those will no longer be allowed in many States. And that number will grow. I'd say around half of the States within the next few years will have restrictions on abortions of convenience while the other half will mostly probably allow abortions up until birth.

I've seen some libertarians split on this decision, but I've also seen a lot of the pro-choice libertarians celebrating it because it has removed the federal government from an equation that they never should have been involved with in the first place. This is something that is a sensitive topic to people on both sides and for valid reasons/concerns. The rational on both sides can probably have solid debates and potentially even come to some sort of agreements on how they believe it should be handled. Not saying 100% agreement, but a rational tolerance that would probably be acceptable to most, if we were going for a one size fits all approach.

I've personally always felt this should be an issue for the States to decide how they believe it should be handled and I'm glad that SCOTUS has come to this conclusion. It will be interesting to see how things proceed not only in Kansas, but a number of other States over the coming months and the next few years.
                              What I hear you saying is that people have to find a political Compromise. While I totally agree with you, it's ok for people to have personal anchors that drive their personal beliefs. The framers started with the First and Second Amendments that held the government to allowing freedom of Religion, Speech, and the Right to defend themselves.

When the framers of the Constitution (at the Constitutional Convention) came up with many compromises to hold together the union of large states, small states, northern, and southern states, believers in a King or more limited government, which produced Federalism whereby there were Federal powers, and State Powers. They also made up the Checks and Balances of Federal powers so that there wasn't too much power given to anyone. There were lots of other compromises that were decided on during the Constitutional Convention.

Examples of these compromises were:
                              1.Two members from each state would make up the Senate, while the House would be made up of membership based on population held together large and small states.
                              2. Slaves would be considered 3/5 of a person for population purposes held together Northern and Southern States. This population would apply to the Senate and House representation.
                              3. Only White, male, landowners could vote
                              4. etc.

There were other compromises too, and the ironic thing was that every intellectually honest person knew that many of these decisions morally wouldn't hold up (slave compromise, many people couldn't vote, etc.) so the framers added the ability to add on to the Constitution, although that would be difficult to do.

Because of the morally reprehensible (Original Sin) slave compromise, in just over 70 years, there was a Civil War. Maybe, individual states can come to a morally acceptable compromise regarding whether people can choose to "kill" their unborn offspring, and therefore, hold the union together. This issue, while many hold biblical opinions about it, is now largely a Scientific one, on when life begins.

Until then, the many violent leftists (and a few bible believing kooks from the opposite side who no one defends) who were taught by Karl Marx that they would have to rise up and violently revolt against the majority will burn down property and kill humans to get their way.

Either way, I agree that the states, and not the federal government. is where this should be worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Some of them ladies upset about the Roe decision have threatened to practice abstinence as a protest........ Hey girls, there's a thought for ya..........
                                That’s my favorite response:

”Now I’m going to be careful about who I have sex with, because that man might father my child and I want to make sure I pick the right person for that.”

#Based

The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X