Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court possibly overturning Roe v Wade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I don't hate Patrick Penn. Met the guy once, as he began his political aspirations here in Kansas. Seems like a decent human.

The Republicans choosing to run Schmidt aren't doing themselves any favors though.
    If the Republicans want to win, Schmidt isn't a bad candidate (although the unbending Pyle may split up the Republican Party), although Pyle may give our Democrat Governor a chance. There are lot's of barely right of center, moderate Republicans in Kansas who voted for Kelly last time. Schmidt is a pragmatic Conservative who will be able to bring in the moderate Republicans with the more conservative imo.

Comment

• Patrick Penn is my state senator. I don't know him personally, but what I have learned of him I really like. I was proud to support him to defeat Capps last cycle and then to win in the general election.

I get nervous for anyone that becomes a career politician. But I hope Mr. Penn's work isn't done quite yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Patrick Penn is my state senator. I don't know him personally, but what I have learned of him I really like. I was proud to support him to defeat Capps last cycle and then to win in the general election.

I get nervous for anyone that becomes a career politician. But I hope Mr. Penn's work isn't done quite yet.
        Do you know what state representatives get paid for their part time service in the Kansas? 90 days of $88.66 per day for a regular session (less than $9,000 per year). I believe they get a minimum Topeka housing allowance too, to have a place to sleep during the week. A state legislator will not get even close to rich, and few move on to other political positions. I do agree that national politicians (especially Ones like Biden, Pelosi, and others too) often become wealthy. But most of our Kansas State politicians that are wealthy, were already wealthy, and all have other jobs that allow some flexibility.

I also agree with you that I like Patrick Penn.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Saw a blurb where a guy was arrested near Kavanaugh's house with a gun and knife....

I don't know what his polly leanings are, but he's in his 20s from Caifornia.
          Perp: Nicholas John Roske

Kudos to the Montgomery County Police for intercepting the guy. Information suggests that the man was picked up before actually getting to Kavanaugh’s house, though details are sketchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Perp: Nicholas John Roske

Kudos to the Montgomery County Police for intercepting the guy. Information suggests that the man was picked up before actually getting to Kavanaugh’s house, though details are sketchy.
            I won't say it.... yes I will.

If this had been a dude going after Sotomayor, it would be all you hear about right now, and white supremacist or something.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• WaPo gives this story 5 pants on fire. Fact checked false by Snopes. Experts say Justice Cavanaugh was drunk on beer and never in danger. Right wing white supremacist's media falsely reporting unproven motive, more experts say.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• The Anarchist tendencies of the left within Jane's Revenge, and other ANTIFA linked bullies, are being broadcast as a WARNING to SCOTUS. Violence and riots are a huge threat from the left.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/06/20/n...supreme-court/

Comment

• Chance of riots, 100%
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• “DC call to action. Night of rage. The night SCOTUS overturns Roe v. Wade HIT THE STREETS” the poster reads. “You said you’d riot.”

Clearly inciting a riot (unlike Trump). Will the FBI get to the bottom of the organization that is doing this?
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Why are they so angry? The majority of them live in a state that will expand abortion once Roe v Wade is overturned.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Why are they so angry? The majority of them live in a state that will expand abortion once Roe v Wade is overturned.
                          Ignorance. They make it sound like women will be raped by the state and forced to bear the child. They are off the effing rails. I get that some women will be put in a jam, but there is a foolproof way to ensure you won't get pregnant, if they want to. Perhaps our sex ed classes should teach the actual biology instead of the Kama Sutra.

Comment

• Because a person that identifies as a woman should have the right to choose to kill her child no matter how old it is.
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• It has been officially overturned. The states will determine what can and cannot be done.

Roe isn’t really about the woman’s choice, is it? It’s about the doctor’s freedom to practice. It wasn’t woman-centered, it was physician-centered.” -- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

• And there it is
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X