No announcement yet.

Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn’t pay $28k for a Nissan if it was a turbojet.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The range on the Leaf is horrible. They aren't good looking and charge slow. Also, $7,000 is an anomoly for a used Leaf, they are generally much higher. That said, once the price of a used Leaf gets into the $7,000 range, ev will slowly become affordable to almost everyone. Keep in mind, the car shown is a 2015, over 100k miles, and wrecked twice. The range is likely much less than 100 miles, so while it would more than work as a commuter, it can't work if you are in the car, spending the day running errands.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I'm out of another thread that Cold has hijacked with his idiocy.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
          I'm out of another thread that Cold has hijacked with his idiocy.
          talks through his ass regardless of subject

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            The thing I keep coming back to is the end game here...a few scenarios:

1. Russia eventually just demolishes Ukraine... Does the US do anything outside of what's currently being done? Do we just allow Russia to run Ukraine indefinitely?
            2. Russia claims pseudo victory and controls part of Ukraine but not all...same question as above
            3. Ukraine fends off low-morale troops and Russia quietly retreats (this seems unlikely). Does the US keep sanctions in place indefinitely? After X years? Does everyone forget what happened?
            4. US gets directly involved and all hell breaks loose. Bad things happen. There is full-on war in Europe with Russia directly threatens the US.

I just don't see how things can ever go back to normal now unless we're going to stick our fingers in our ears and pretend everything is unicorns and rainbows.
            Russia attacking border countries, and no one giving a **** about Ukraine is the historic normal. The only question is if we want to get into a European war to uphold the last 30 years of pretending Ukraine was a sovereign country and Russia wasn’t a threat.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Play nice boys. You know you're dealing with a 200lb neutered Rottweiler wearing a muzzle, a bark collar, and a Prince Albert right through the ol' red rocket (purely decorative). Rest assured I'm given' you the facts straight up with NO chaser.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Play nice boys. You know you're dealing with a 200lb neutered Rottweiler wearing a muzzle, a bark collar, and a Prince Albert right through the ol' red rocket (purely decorative). Rest assured I'm given' you the facts straight up with NO chaser.
                Your red rocket is purely decorative? I think I could have guessed that.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                  I'm out of another thread that Cold has hijacked with his idiocy.
                  Yeah, Nissan leaf are more important than Russia threat of chemical weapons use

Ukraine-Russia war: Western officials 'seriously concerned' Putin could use chemical weapons

Western officials see the prospect of Russia deploying 'non-conventional' weapons as a realistic possibility, it emerged today, as Ukraine accused Putin of targeting a maternity hospital

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

So agricultural practices at the turn of the century caused a drought? How land was tilled caused it not to rain? Or was the global warming of the late 1800's early 1900's what caused the drought? And if global warming from way back caused the rain to stop, why did it ever rain again?

Back to your comments on wheat production, and wheat being raised further north because of global warming, you do realize that wheat has been raised in damn near deserts? Wheat was being raised in the middle east way back to long before Christ. Just a fact. Both Pakistan and Mexico rank in the top 20 of wheat exporters. Hot, arid climates.
                    "Imagine" is the operative word here, Imagine a drought today like we often have in the West deepened by natural global warming combined with manmade global warming [if it exists]. Despite better farming techniques today and USDA assistance I believe that dryland wheat farming is going to become more problematic in the future on the southern High Plains.

Study the history of the Dust Bowl. A major contributor was breaking out too much land due to high wheat prices during WWI, continuing to break out even more land for more another decade as wheat prices declined, and improper farming techniques for a semi arid climate. Then drought hit, not due to farming techniques, but the effects of the farming techniques combined with the drought created a natural disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Russia attacking border countries, and no one giving a **** about Ukraine is the historic normal. The only question is if we want to get into a European war to uphold the last 30 years of pretending Ukraine was a sovereign country and Russia wasn’t a threat.
                      The Ukraine has been a sovereign country since the early 1990's...no pretending on the part of the Ukrainians, look at the way they are defending their country against tremendous odds.
                      Sooner or later Putin will hit NATO countries like the Baltic states. Right now I have a feeling that the European NATO countries would be hard pressed to hold a line running from Poland through Romania without US help, much less defend the Baltic states. As it looks right now we are probably going to be at war with this SOB sooner or later.
                      Last edited by N Crestway; March 10, 2022, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

"Imagine" is the operative word here, Imagine a drought today like we often have in the West deepened by natural global warming combined with manmade global warming [if it exists]. Despite better farming techniques today and USDA assistance I believe that dryland wheat farming is going to become more problematic in the future on the southern High Plains.

Study the history of the Dust Bowl. A major contributor was breaking out too much land due to high wheat prices during WWI, continuing to break out even more land for more another decade as wheat prices declined, and improper farming techniques for a semi arid climate. Then drought hit, not due to farming techniques, but the effects of the farming techniques combined with the drought created a natural disaster.
                        So everything you've stated is based on "imagining" something. Great.

here are facts.
                        The war is being funded largely by oil.
                        Oil and energy are huge factors in Putin's war.
                        Wheat has little, if anything, to do with the war.
                        Wheat grows damn near anywhere, in damn near any climate.
                        If nothing else will grow, wheat probably will.
                        Climate change is not driving this war.
                        The dust bowl was not a result of global warming.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

The Ukraine has been a sovereign country since the early 1990's...no pretending on the part of the Ukrainians, look at the way they are defending their country against tremendous odds.
                          Sooner or later Putin will hit NATO countries like the Baltic states. Right now I have a feeling that the European NATO countries would be hard pressed to hold a line running from Poland through Romania without US help, much less defend the Baltic states. As it looks right now we are probably going to be at war with this SOB sooner or later.
                          For 30 years Ukraine has been a sovereign country, partially controlled by Russia and partially by the west, receiving aid from both. It literally translates to “borderland” which is why it is most often referred to as “the Ukraine”.

It is not a “return to normal” for Ukraine to be independent, rather it is a return to the last 30 years of history and ignoring the previous millennia.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

I believe it was wind + drought + tilling leading to the dust bowl, not wind + tilling leading to drought.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Putin doesn't care about the Ukrainians. He will annex the Ukraine, then new Russian companies (mostly state owned) will be in control of trillions of dollars of resources, and the Ukrainians -- now Russians -- will be left to rebuild their tattered Russian territory.

Sad.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I believe it was wind + drought + tilling leading to the dust bowl, not wind + tilling leading to drought.
                                You just need to imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X