No announcement yet.

Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is obvious that from a logistics standpoint, Russia is lacking there. So any more incursions seem unlikely at this point. Putin may have an army that can throw a haymaker, but no ground and pound capabilities.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

No limit, unfortunately. Nukes are the ultimate trump card. Shy of a full fledged invasion of a NATO country or "Lusitania/Pearl Harbor" type moment we are not getting into a shooting war with Russia.
      The Lusitania moment could come at any time. USA has KC135s on the border with Ukraine constantly (refueling recon and CAP). Fighters are patroling. Reconnaissance flights are patrolling in the Black Sea and along with Belarus and Ukraine (was previously along the Ukraine/Russia border pre-invasion). Russia is known for making "mistakes".

Russian just violated Swedish airspace - in response to their statement they were considering joining NATO.

Estonia and Latvia are in Putin's crosshairs after Ukraine. Ukraine could fall at any time if Russians get serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

There is nobody on Shockernet even remotely as informed as you are on these topics. You've earned the street cred over the years. Keep the info and your thoughts coming in, they are appreciated.
        Actually, Shockernet as the whole is pretty well informed with a wide range of thoughtful and informative posts (and with diverse opinions/positions) - no group thinks here on this topic. DUShock hit almost perfect the invasion date.

We are in a new territory. There is a lot of opportunities here, but also extreme danger.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          At some point the U.S. needs to have equipment in place to respond when the line is determined and crossed.
          U.S. has a armored brigade of propositioned equipment in Europe. This equipment is in addition to units already stationed in Europe. Units traveling from the U.S. right now are drawing that equipment.

There is also a supply of equipment for Africa (stored in Italy) that could be used in addition.

The U.S. used to do REFORGER (return of forces germany) exercises every year where they practice the drawing of equipment.

Comment

• Being reported now that even though our president has allowed us to buy Russian oil going forward, large producers in the United States have already stopped buying their oil. In fact, the United States has not purchased a thimble full of oil from Russia in the past 7 days. If true, that makes me proud!

Now, how can we open the spickets without the blessing of our president?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Being reported now that even though our president has allowed us to buy Russian oil going forward, large producers in the United States have already stopped buying their oil. In fact, the United States has not purchased a thimble full of oil from Russia in the past 7 days. If true, that makes me proud!

Now, how can we open the spickets without the blessing of our president?
              My understanding is that the threat of being stuck with a tanker full of oil/fuel/etc... that couldn't be sold in the event of further sanctions has been deemed too risky by the private companies.

If we were serious about really limiting oil prices we would be working overtime to make a deal with the Ayatollah in Iran. Our Sunni/Israeli friends in the Gulf won't like it though. Not one bit. Oh for the days when the middle east was run by strongmen that could be bribed and blackmailed.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                If we were serious about really limiting oil prices we would be working overtime to make a deal with the Ayatollah in Iran.
                To what end?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The Biden Administration Prepares to Unleash Its Secret Weapon on the Ukraine Crisis

The White House is actively discussing sending Vice President Harris to Warsaw, Poland, and Bucharest, Romania, in the coming days to show solidarity with Ukraine as it faces an escalating Russian invasion, sources familiar with the conversations tell The Hill.

Comment

• I guess it's not who ya know, it's who ya blow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      The Biden Administration Prepares to Unleash Its Secret Weapon on the Ukraine Crisis

The White House is actively discussing sending Vice President Harris to Warsaw, Poland, and Bucharest, Romania, in the coming days to show solidarity with Ukraine as it faces an escalating Russian invasion, sources familiar with the conversations tell The Hill.
                      Oh, goodie. I'm sure that will make a big difference.

Tonight, apparently, a fire burns at one of the nuclear plants. The information I heard is that no damage has been done to the reactor (yet) but the fire continues. The fire, again, apparently, came from Russian shelling.

I asked the question, but we have to be getting close to some kind of line in the sand. These thermobaric weapons are only intended for civilians. The damage a leak could cause would likely be far more damaging than Chernobyl. At some point enough is enough, and I fear we're getting dangerously close.

This NONSENSE of taking yachts from "Oligarchs" and War Crime Trials etc....Putin is NEVER going to stand trial, he's going to die, one way or the other, in office and in power. Taking the money from "Oligarchs" is nothing more than mask theatre.

I don't want one American life lost, especially on the ground in Ukraine. But I'm all for drone carpet bombing at this time. Seriously, we can't allow this to go much further at all.

Comment

• Well, I think public executions by Russians of any Ukraine civilians should get something started. But we need to be careful in believing a lot of the stuff coming out from that area. I am trying to take a lot of what I hear with a grain of salt. Sad to say, but I'm weary of being told lies and being manipulated.

As you stated, we could probably end this with cruise missles and drones. But how does a crazy man with nukes respond when that happens?

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Oh, goodie. I'm sure that will make a big difference.

Tonight, apparently, a fire burns at one of the nuclear plants. The information I heard is that no damage has been done to the reactor (yet) but the fire continues. The fire, again, apparently, came from Russian shelling.

I asked the question, but we have to be getting close to some kind of line in the sand. These thermobaric weapons are only intended for civilians. The damage a leak could cause would likely be far more damaging than Chernobyl. At some point enough is enough, and I fear we're getting dangerously close.

This NONSENSE of taking yachts from "Oligarchs" and War Crime Trials etc....Putin is NEVER going to stand trial, he's going to die, one way or the other, in office and in power. Taking the money from "Oligarchs" is nothing more than mask theatre.

I don't want one American life lost, especially on the ground in Ukraine. But I'm all for drone carpet bombing at this time. Seriously, we can't allow this to go much further at all.
                          I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            Kuwait wasn't a NATO country. And what were the reasons for NATO involvement in the Balkans when Yugoslavia blew apart in the 1990s?
                            In retrospect, I don’t believe we should have been involved.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Where is “the line”? This was being discussed, painfully so, in my house today.

How many FAEs/Thermobaric bombs have to go off in civilian areas before the rest of the world says enough?
                              The rest of the world can get involved if they want. I don’t think we should get involved in Ukraine for anything short of nuclear attack.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually, Shockernet as the whole is pretty well informed with a wide range of thoughtful and informative posts (and with diverse opinions/positions) - no group thinks here on this topic. DUShock hit almost perfect the invasion date.

We are in a new territory. There is a lot of opportunities here, but also extreme danger.
                                You must be thinking of me with diverse posting, as only I was so decidedly incorrect in my predictions.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X