Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police shooting in Minneapolis leads to riots 3.0 I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally, I think your vehicle should be taken away and not be allowed back on the road with darkly tinted windows.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I don't believe there are laws on the books for suicide and airbags. Certainly don't see a cop pulling anybody for those offenses.

Seat belt and helmet laws are overly enforced? Where? Here? I don't think there is a helmet law above a certain age in Kansas. And I'm not sure how many people are pulled over for not wearing their seat belt but I have to believe it's not many.
      It’s illegal to attempt suicide and illegal for a manufacturer to sell a new car w/o airbags. You can look it up.

I didn’t say they were over enforced. I know you asked about both, but I provided victimless crimes. I don’t know the enforcement rate on these (or any other crime) but I do know that if you are found guilty and refuses to submit, they will execute a warrant and incarcerate you. If you fail to comply (and you shouldn’t) the ultimate penalty is escalation of force.

Escalation of force is appropriate for non-compliance, however, the crimes should not be set as petty such that they escalate.

Example: Friend is a drunk. Friend gets DUI. Friend does not appear in court because he’s a drunk. Friend gets a warrant. Friend gets raided and hauled to prison. Double the sentence. After jail, one year probation where he can’t leave a bad situation (can’t leave Kansas, where he is not from). Returns to alcohol. Fails test, back in jail. Two years probation and can’t leave state.

So, did he get what he deserved? Yep. Is there a way out? Well it’s a hell of a lot harder than it needs to be.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Personally, I think your vehicle should be taken away and not be allowed back on the road with darkly tinted windows.
        Also true if music is too loud or if you cut me off.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

When somebody is pulled over and their windows are 90% tinted, it leaves a lot of guessing games and assumptions. It's also another way to mask one's self when committing a crime. Instead of bitching about getting a ticket, why not just keep it under the legal limit?

So you think drug and alcohol laws should just go away? Do you think that'll help society or hurt society? Do you think someone's chances of afflicting bodily harm go up or down when under the influence of certain things?

Sure there's money at stake there, but that's because you have legions of people that don't bother following laws. The two or three other laws you mentioned have more intentions than just being a "money grab".

Cops cause harm? To people that aren't hurting anyone? Huh?
          The war on drugs is much more harmful to people than free market sales.

Are you aware that you can distill ethanol in your house or essential oils, but not whiskey for personal consumption? Is that a righteous law? Does that protect anyone in any way?
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Also true if music is too loud or if you cut me off.
            you should be in uniform and have to walk up to the driver's window when you CANNOT SEE INSIDE THE VEHICLE

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you should be in uniform and have to walk up to the driver's window when you CANNOT SEE INSIDE THE VEHICLE
              I agree that you could be encountering a dangerous situation blindly, but let’s think about this:

Does it apply to limousines?

is it more dangerous than entering a house?

If it’s illegal, aren’t you mandating the cop enter this dangerous situation to confiscate the vehicle, thereby purposefully putting the cop in harms way?
              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
              X