Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police shooting in Minneapolis leads to riots 3.0 I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police shooting in Minneapolis leads to riots 3.0 I think.

Apparently a young black man was pulled over for having scented trees hanging from his mirror. Apparently that’s illegal in Minneapolis. He had a warrant for his arrest as we was previously found to be in possession of a handgun. Apparently this is illegal Minneapolis.

He resisted arrest during this interaction and a lady police officer attempted to taze him; however, instead of pulling out her taser, she pulled out her service pistol and shot him. He fled the scene, crashed the car, and was pronounced dead on the scene.

They are again rioting in Minneapolis.
    Livin the dream

My thoughts on this:

Don’t destroy the private property of an unrelated third party if you are unhappy with a government entity.

The lady cop should go to jail for negligent homicide if new facts don’t come out to contradict the evidence.

Don’t resist arrest. You are far more likely to be hurt or to die if you resist arrest.

Why is possession of a handgun a crime in Minneapolis? Are they trying to increase police interactions that escalate to these circumstances?

Why is having objects dangle from your rear view mirror a crime? Are they trying to give police a reason to stop and or harass the citizenry of Minneapolis?

Have a problem with bad cops in your city? Maybe it’s the fault of the legislation and not the police.
    Livin the dream

Comment

BTW, I put this in the wrong subforum. If someone wants to move it, I would appreciate that.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Why do I think the media distorted the reason for the actual encounter? I just don’t believe someone would get stopped for that.

Rioters just need any excuse in the world to riot without actually hearing the real story. The media is fully responsible for this now. An apparent accidental shooting for someone that happened to be black. So do the rioters think she killed a guy over a scented tree because he was black? Unbelievable
        Last edited by ShockerFever; April 13, 2021, 06:39 AM.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I thought he got pulled over for an expired tag. If you don't want to get pulled over, make sure your tag is up to date.

Also, are a gun and taser that similar that they can't readily tell the difference? And it was not like she was a rookie officer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            I thought he got pulled over for an expired tag. If you don't want to get pulled over, make sure your tag is up to date.

Also, are a gun and taser that similar that they can't readily tell the difference? And it was not like she was a rookie officer.
            The tree scented trees were reported by the victims mother. Most likely, whatever reason he was pulled over for was probable cause to serve the outstanding warrant for his arrest.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

They (2-3 policemen) were fighting with the man, trying to get him to come out of the car. Was the man reaching for one of the police officer's guns? We don't know all of the details. However, I can see where adrenaline and fear goes up during an altercation, and police forget their training (muscle memory), and make mistakes they wouldn't regularly make. But if anyone wants to say that the lady officer was racist, thus the incident, no one can refute those kind of allegations, because no one knows what is in a person's mind.

That is why Critical Race Theory has gained acceptance in some people's minds. They can't read minds, so they automatically know that ALL white people are racist, and any minority who buys into THE SYSTEM has to be racist too.

Comment

I still think it's insane that combat troops are held to a higher standard when it comes to rules of engagement than our police. There's very little accountability when it comes to wrongful shootings as a whole and that is something that absolutely needs addressed and would change some of these outcomes.

The above statement has little to do with the case in question as I've yet to really look into it yet.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

From what I have heard, the police officer was sorely lacking training. Apparently she thought she was reaching for her taser, which was holstered on the wrong side....

Just one thing I heard, dont take it as gospel.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

They (2-3 policemen) were fighting with the man, trying to get him to come out of the car. Was the man reaching for one of the police officer's guns? We don't know all of the details. However, I can see where adrenaline and fear goes up during an altercation, and police forget their training (muscle memory), and make mistakes they wouldn't regularly make. But if anyone wants to say that the lady officer was racist, thus the incident, no one can refute those kind of allegations, because no one knows what is in a person's mind.

That is why Critical Race Theory has gained acceptance in some people's minds. They can't read minds, so they automatically know that ALL white people are racist, and any minority who buys into THE SYSTEM has to be racist too.
                    Really? Like... really?

We have video. This was a collossal-level fubar by the LEO. Should the guy have resisted arrest? Well, no that doesn't generally end well, and it's illegal and all. Should the guy be expected to die because he resisted arrest? Uh... no.

Some of you love yourself some police state nonsense. Choose the other pill and get yourself out of the matrix. Law enforcement is a necessary evil, and is ALWAYS the front line of an oppressive government - be that left or right.. It needs heavy oversight and held to account when it screws up. This is such a screw up.

Comment

I’m fine with calling it a screw-up, but wtf does it have to do with race? That’s my problem. The media circus eats up any white officer kills unarmed black person story and then uses it to generate chaos. This has ZERO to do with race. The officer did not shoot the man because he was black. But don’t tell that to the media, the protesters, or the mobs that ran through Walmart with a free shopping spree.

You can talk about accountability and responsibility for actions, but DONT bring up the race BS.

Switch the races and this probably gets a 20 second blurb on the Minneapolis news and everybody moves on.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if he had not resisted arrest?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Really? Like... really?

We have video. This was a collossal-level fubar by the LEO. Should the guy have resisted arrest? Well, no that doesn't generally end well, and it's illegal and all. Should the guy be expected to die because he resisted arrest? Uh... no.

Some of you love yourself some police state nonsense. Choose the other pill and get yourself out of the matrix. Law enforcement is a necessary evil, and is ALWAYS the front line of an oppressive government - be that left or right.. It needs heavy oversight and held to account when it screws up. This is such a screw up.
                          This is some of the dumbest **** I ever saw. Are you saying she shot him on purpose because she’s a racist? You read minds too.

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't had an expired tag?

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if he had not tried to get back in his vehicle and flee?

Comment

Working...
                              X