Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police shooting in Minneapolis leads to riots 3.0 I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooklyn Center City Manager Curt Boganey was fired on Monday evening, hours after he publicly disagreed with Mayor Mike Elliott’s assertion that the police officer who fatally shot a Black man in the Minneapolis suburb should be immediately fired in response to the incident.

Comment

cowards

During a virtual workshop after the meeting, Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted to fire Boganey out of fear of potential reprisals from protestors if she did not, according to the newspaper.

"He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly," Lawrence-Anderson said. "I didn't want repercussions at a personal level."
      Lying Dog-Faced Pony Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Really? Like... really?

We have video. This was a collossal-level fubar by the LEO. Should the guy have resisted arrest? Well, no that doesn't generally end well, and it's illegal and all. Should the guy be expected to die because he resisted arrest? Uh... no.

Some of you love yourself some police state nonsense. Choose the other pill and get yourself out of the matrix. Law enforcement is a necessary evil, and is ALWAYS the front line of an oppressive government - be that left or right.. It needs heavy oversight and held to account when it screws up. This is such a screw up.
        I imagine this incident will come with legal consequences.

I agree that oppressive police can be/are a problem. There’s several lessons from this:

Don’t get into a scuffle with an armed individual.

Don’t pull your gun (even mistakenly) if you don’t intend to kill someone.

Don’t pass laws that you aren’t willing to enforce at the end of the barrel of a gun.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Monday, Yankees certerfielder Aaron Hicks asked the coach for a day off, because he was so upset over the shooting in Minnesota. The day off request was granted. (10 million per year contract)

Comment

The officer is being charged with 2nd degree manslaughter.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I myself have been stopped for having an expired tag on my vehicle and I am here today. Of course, I...........

1. am not black
              2. didn't have multiple outstanding warrants
              3. didn't try and jump back in my vehicle and flee

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                I myself have been stopped for having an expired tag on my vehicle and I am here today. Of course, I...........

1. am not black
                Well I heard a stat yesterday that your chances of being shot are 50/50, so consider yourself lucky.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

1. am not black
                  4. presumably hadn't been previously arrested for resisting arrest and fighting a police officer.
                  5. previously tried to rob an elderly lady at gunpoint.

Comment

Yeah, the stop was for expired tags.

This was a pretext to serve a warrant for armed robbery and assault (of his female roommate).

Still a negligent discharge and likely prison sentence for manslaughter.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Because expired tags are such a dangerous infraction that we need to use it to instigate more police encounters with people.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Because expired tags are such a dangerous infraction that we need to use it to instigate more police encounters with people.
                        Let’s just not all pay our tags!
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Let’s just not all pay our tags!
                          It is a stupid cash grab. But if they can mail you speeding tickets and whatnot, they can do the same with this.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

It only gets worse. Today I BOUGHT a TV

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It is a stupid cash grab. But if they can mail you speeding tickets and whatnot, they can do the same with this.
                              They can - but at some point there has to be some enforcement for those who choose not to comply.

Comment

They won't though. Laws and regulations are written to increase the amount of contact between police and people so they can happily try to fine you for even more things and generate more money.

If police were more about serve and protect and less about raising money for local government, there would be fewer issues.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X