Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police shooting in Minneapolis leads to riots 3.0 I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't follow the trial enough to know what degrees of what he should have been convicted of. But he was absolutely guilty of something. Pretty sure police training doesn't say to kneel, with basically all your body weight, on the neck of a handcuffed suspect for nearly 10 minutes. Especially when he's saying he can't breathe and at least one of the other officers expressed concern and recommended them rolling him over onto his back to allow for better oxygen intake.

Had they been decent human beings and did that, and the man still died due to drugs, we wouldn't be where we are today and the outcry wouldn't have been as bad. There would still be some I'm sure, but not to the degree that we've seen. This case has had members of all parties outraged at this cops actions.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I didn't follow the trial enough to know what degrees of what he should have been convicted of. But he was absolutely guilty of something. Pretty sure police training doesn't say to kneel, with basically all your body weight, on the neck of a handcuffed suspect for nearly 10 minutes. Especially when he's saying he can't breathe and at least one of the other officers expressed concern and recommended them rolling him over onto his back to allow for better oxygen intake.

Had they been decent human beings and did that, and the man still died due to drugs, we wouldn't be where we are today and the outcry wouldn't have been as bad. There would still be some I'm sure, but not to the degree that we've seen. This case has had members of all parties outraged at this cops actions.
      this is pretty close to my view

Comment

Police in Columbus, Ohio, on Tuesday fatally shot a Black teenage girl they confronted as she lunged at two people with a knife, as seen in police video footage of the encounter, authorities said. The incident, sparking street protests in Ohio's largest city, came as the nation was focused on the guilty verdict a Minneapolis jury returned against a white former Minneapolis police officer charged with murdering George Floyd last year by kneeling on his neck. Authorities described the teenager who was fatally shot as a 15-year-old girl.

Headline could have read, "Police save life of black teenage girl by shooting her attacker"

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-poli...032254909.html

Headline could have read, "Police save life of black teenage girl by shooting her attacker"
          Yes, but that wouldn't be nearly as salacious for the MSM to stoke the flames of division.

Comment

He absolutely is guilty of something.

In every single one of these cases, the person is resisting arrest and/or not complying with officers after committing a criminal offense. EVERY one. If these people would have simply complied (or better yet not broken the law in the first place), they would 100% be alive today. If you don't want to take a chance of encountering a bad cop, then don't put yourself in that position in the first place. Unfortunately today, that isn't even on the table as the hot topic has shifted to being able to do whatever you want with whoever you want without any repercussions. ALL police are BAD. Such a dumb overreaction to the actual problem at hand. There's no personal accountability or respect at all anymore.

The media takes snippets of certain situations so you never get the whole story. Floyd was about twice as big as the officer and was resisting arrest pretty hard. He swallowed all of his drugs he had on hand. Don't tell me that wasn't a factor in his death. In the video played at the trial, Floyd was yelling I can't breathe long before he was knelt on. I'm not sure what the officer is supposed to do in that situation outside of letting him walk. The knee is supposed to stay on the back, not the neck, when apprehending a violent resister. Did he deserve to die? Of course not. Is Floyd a saint and enshrined god like everybody else wants to make him out to be? That's also no.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So there are some crucial facts missing from this analysis:

He was claiming he couldn’t breathe for the 15 or so minutes before he was even on the ground. During this time he was resisting arrest, kicking the police, wrestling with them, and trying to run away. All while unable to breathe.

Police training DOES say to kneel on the suspects back if they can’t get them into the squad car. The prosecution witness stated he had done this in numerous occasions for 8 minutes or longer.

Chauvin was clearly kneeling on his shoulder blade as evidenced by the body cam footage.

Why wouldn’t there be outcries if they had rolled him over? The cop that died the day after the Jan 6 riots died of natural causes.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Leftist media is pushing a narrative that lots of white cops are just out randomly looking for blacks to shoot (which is sick and patently false). But the net result is that young black adults are now spooked into running when a cop asks them to comply, and that escalates these situations well beyond what they normally would be. Leftist media has blood on their hands by stoking fear of cops and misleading our black youth into reacting in a way that puts them at risk.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Leftist media is pushing a narrative that lots of white cops are just out randomly looking for blacks to shoot (which is sick and patently false). But the net result is that young black adults are now spooked into running when a cop asks them to comply, and that escalates these situations well beyond what they normally would be. Leftist media has blood on their hands by stoking fear of cops and misleading our black youth into reacting in a way that puts them at risk.
                  Two of the four officers in the Floyd case were minorities also.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yes, but that wouldn't be nearly as salacious for the MSM to stoke the flames of division.
                    What I wanna know from the BLM folks and anyone dumb enough to protest this is what exactly should’ve been done in that situation? Let the knife welder wack off a person’s head? And then act? Would shooting her still be justified?

Also, I’m sure the officer shot her because she was black. Definitely wouldn’t have done that to a white person...

God, I hate the ****ing media.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Over the last 12 months or so the media has removed all doubt on the question of if they are an enemy of the people. They are legitimately and objectively harmful to the fabric of the nation. It’s a de facto state media now, not unlike Russia, China, or in historical terms Nazi Germany. Their drive is no longer to report facts, but to use their platform to actively shape culture to their inclinations. It’s like a giant, real-time social experiment.

Comment

CNN and others are very much like what Pravda was to the Communist Party of Russia.

We should absolutely not take things at face value. But we also shouldn't completely blow off any story that they have. You can still find nuggets of truth and they aren't always going to be 100% wrong and will get some right from time to time.

We do very much need police reforms in this country. Fewer laws and regulations would go a long way in keeping police contacts down. There does need to be a better system to hold bad cops, as well as good cops that make horrible choices, accountable. Like the PHX police officer who shot and killed a man who was complying with demands when he answered a late night knock at his door with a gun. Both officers moved away from the door so the resident couldn't see who was knocking. When told to drop the gun and get to his knees, he did, but was still shot in the back twice by one of the officers. No charges were ever brought against the officer and he's still on duty last I heard. Not all shootings are unjustified, but there are still too many that aren't and nothing ever happens. I remember watching the video of this one when it was finally released and still don't understand how they "justified" it.

Though going to trial doesn't guarantee anything, but at least it gets there. The officer who killed a man who was crawling, as instructed, down a hallway was shot 5 times and killed instantly. That officer was somehow found not guilty. Probably because the victim was white and not black and didn't get the media outrage.

All this being said, anyone who thinks all cops are evil and all shootings/abuses are wrong is full of crap. That being said, those that defend every cops actions at all times are equally as disgusting and do more harm than good to society.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What I wanna know from the BLM folks and anyone dumb enough to protest this is what exactly should’ve been done in that situation? Let the knife welder wack off a person’s head? And then act? Would shooting her still be justified?

Also, I’m sure the officer shot her because she was black. Definitely wouldn’t have done that to a white person...

God, I hate the ****ing media.
                          Some prominent folks say that these things “have been happening for eons” and police should not intervene.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

CNN and others are very much like what Pravda was to the Communist Party of Russia.

We should absolutely not take things at face value. But we also shouldn't completely blow off any story that they have. You can still find nuggets of truth and they aren't always going to be 100% wrong and will get some right from time to time.

We do very much need police reforms in this country. Fewer laws and regulations would go a long way in keeping police contacts down. There does need to be a better system to hold bad cops, as well as good cops that make horrible choices, accountable. Like the PHX police officer who shot and killed a man who was complying with demands when he answered a late night knock at his door with a gun. Both officers moved away from the door so the resident couldn't see who was knocking. When told to drop the gun and get to his knees, he did, but was still shot in the back twice by one of the officers. No charges were ever brought against the officer and he's still on duty last I heard. Not all shootings are unjustified, but there are still too many that aren't and nothing ever happens. I remember watching the video of this one when it was finally released and still don't understand how they "justified" it.

Though going to trial doesn't guarantee anything, but at least it gets there. The officer who killed a man who was crawling, as instructed, down a hallway was shot 5 times and killed instantly. That officer was somehow found not guilty. Probably because the victim was white and not black and didn't get the media outrage.

All this being said, anyone who thinks all cops are evil and all shootings/abuses are wrong is full of crap. That being said, those that defend every cops actions at all times are equally as disgusting and do more harm than good to society.
                            Yes! It is important to hold all accountable for their actions and to ensure a fair trial. We should also do what we can to ensure more freedoms to the people so that police interactions are less frequent.

Do not hold bad cops accountable for systemic injustice unless their is evidence for such things.

I am growing quite cynical and fear for our freedoms.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

The LEO in Columbus did exactly what he was trained to do. If he had done nothing he would be blamed for letting a murder happen while he watched. Damned if you do; damned if you don't. Girl clearly had a large knife in her hand and was going full medieval on at least two people.

If the Antifa and BLM folks go nuts over this one they will lose a great deal of social capital with people on the left who are still inclined to offer such.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                The LEO in Columbus did exactly what he was trained to do. If he had done nothing he would be blamed for letting a murder happen while he watched. Damned if you do; damned if you don't. Girl clearly had a large knife in her hand and was going full medieval on at least two people.

If the Antifa and BLM folks go nuts over this one they will lose a great deal of social capital with people on the left who are still inclined to offer such.
                                Lebron James thinks the LEO should go to prison.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X