Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police shooting in Minneapolis leads to riots 3.0 I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    They will find him guilty, but will there still be rioting? What will the reasoning/excuse be if there is?
    Guilty on all charges. There will absolutely be rioting. People will feel like it isn't enough. That or celebratory rioting and looting.

Comment

It's pretty obvious from the video he's guilty _of something_ -- I didn't follow the trial at all so I have no clue to what degree he's guilty. But that's no excuse for stealing TVs and busting up businesses. That's also true.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

They will find him guilty, but will there still be rioting? What will the reasoning/excuse be if there is?
        Celebratory. Just like what sometimes happens when the Pistons, or Bulls, or Lakers win an NBA Championship.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Celebratory. Just like what sometimes happens when the Pistons, or Bulls, or Lakers win an NBA Championship.
          I hope not.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Anyone ever see the cases of Tony Timpa or Daniel Shaver?

I know in the case of Daniel Shaver the officer was acquitted and that video is VERY jarring.
            The Assman

Comment

Rioting may occur when the appeal is filed naming Maxine Waters as one of the grounds for it.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Rioting may occur when the appeal is filed naming Maxine Waters as one of the grounds for it.
                Bingo.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  Anyone ever see the cases of Tony Timpa or Daniel Shaver?

I know in the case of Daniel Shaver the officer was acquitted and that video is VERY jarring.
                  I have seen the Shaver video - it is tragic. Much like the Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I have seen the Shaver video - it is tragic. Much like the Floyd.
                    Neither deserved to die.

There is shitty cops and training out there and that needs to be address.

The media and politicians turning this into a purely racial thing though is sickening...
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

That WILL and should be one of the grounds for appeal.

Don't get me wrong, I think he was guilty, but his lawyer will seize on that if for nothing else the high profile nature of it. That will be part of the legal appeal strategy along with a tainted jury pool that had to have seen the video and heard/seen things about the case pre-trial. There are a bunch of legal appeal strategies at play.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That WILL and should be one of the grounds for appeal.

Don't get me wrong, I think he was guilty, but his lawyer will seize on that if for nothing else the high profile nature of it. That will be part of the legal appeal strategy along with a tainted jury pool that had to have seen the video and heard/seen things about the case pre-trial. There are a bunch of legal appeal strategies at play.
                        I’m not sure he was guilty. The things that I heard in the trial that give me reasonable doubt are the following:

He did enough Fentanyl to kill a horse. He bought drugs after exchanging the counterfeit bill and when the cops came he swallowed all of it. The officer used a non-controversial (at least before the incident) tactic for detaining the suspect.

Those two things make it unlikely that murder was the cause of death. Maybe manslaughter, but that’s only if you think Floyd had super-human immunity to fentanyl AND you think kneeling on someone’s back can kill a person.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Now that he's been found guilty, I expect that Antifa and BLM will gather together and rebuild all the **** they burned down.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m not sure he was guilty. The things that I heard in the trial that give me reasonable doubt are the following:

He did enough Fentanyl to kill a horse. He bought drugs after exchanging the counterfeit bill and when the cops came he swallowed all of it. The officer used a non-controversial (at least before the incident) tactic for detaining the suspect.

Those two things make it unlikely that murder was the cause of death. Maybe manslaughter, but that’s only if you think Floyd had super-human immunity to fentanyl AND you think kneeling on someone’s back can kill a person.
                            I should clarify. The only charge I think a case could be made for a guilty verdict would be manslaughter, not murder in any degree.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I should clarify. The only charge I think a case could be made for a guilty verdict would be manslaughter, not murder in any degree.
                              Agree...I was thinking that something akin to voluntary manslaughter was all that could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The jury basically bent its knee to "public opinion" with the second degree felony murder conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Agree...I was thinking that something akin to voluntary manslaughter was all that could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The jury basically bent its knee to "public opinion" with the second degree felony murder conviction.
                                By public opinion, you mean the media and the left. The silent majority knows where this actually should’ve went to.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X