No announcement yet.

Biden Plans to Revoke Keystone Pipeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I care about jobs for others. I care about prices going up on energy. I care about prices going up on food because of the price of shipping. It affects everyone. I'm for balanced environmental concerns and planning for the long term future without these things in a long term, consistent fashion. Unfortunately that means compromise, and leaving extremist Tree Huggers and extremist energy companies out of the conversation. However, that's not the way it works now. The little guy is left out of the conversation, and lobbyists are hired by these extremist, therefore no compromises. Thus, Trump is necessary in the political conversation and it elected by the little guy with no voice, so he/she has a voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

What about Trump reversing a bunch of clean water act legislation with his pen to "help the farmers"? He did a million other things as well that affected markets. It's what politicians do. Biden killed the pipeline because it is a signature point for tree huggers. There's obviously some environmental risk there and part of the Democrats self-imposed job description is to save the planet. He didn't kill the pipeline to make Warren Buffet rich lmao. Warren Buffet is giving all his money away (supposedly). Any Dem that gets into office will kill that pipeline every day and twice on Sunday. And every Republican that gets in will give it the green light.

Republicans dig anywhere for oil, Democrats save the planet.

Republicans save unwanted babies, Democrats subsidize sex changes.

It's Team A vs. Team B. It's all bullshit. I guarantee you that the first thing every freshman congressperson gets once they arrive in Washington is a sheet detailing the policies they are "for" and "against".

It's all fake bullshit. All the outrage is fake bullshit.

Unplug. Buy a boat and sail the world. Pay attention to politics one week out of every year - just enough time to vote in whatever election comes up. You shouldn't need more than one week to search your soul or conduct a little due diligence. Then vote and get back to ignoring these assclowns.

The only thing that got me into these damned subforums was reading a bunch of delusional nonsense about Covid last March and attempting to intervene...

Honestly... incessantly bitching about politics is for lesser minds. It's for parrots and puppets and people living in panel vans. Live a life of consequence - live above the fray of the sheep and wannabee shepherds.

End Rant
      Two things here:

1. Which regulations, specifically, that Trump pulled back on are bad, and why?

2. When I say the government, I’m not taking about Republicans or Democrats, I’m talking about the government. They shouldn’t be picking winners and losers by EO or by legislation.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• I use some solar. It's ok for small projects. So is battery electric. If you wanna ship your Mercedes to America, if you wanna fly to Hawaii, if you wanna haul oranges to Nebraska, that takes oil.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Two things here:

1. Which regulations, specifically, that Trump pulled back on are bad, and why?

2. When I say the government, I’m not taking about Republicans or Democrats, I’m talking about the government. They shouldn’t be picking winners and losers by EO or by legislation.
          No way will I invest the time necessary to answer that question so specifically. I will support my own statement though, regarding "Trump doing a million things that affected the markets" with the following:

First Read is a morning briefing from Meet the Press and the NBC Political Unit on the day's most important political stories and why they matter.

His Tweets alone, attacking or praising specific companies he liked, became a niche industry on Wall Street. There were algorithms designed to place trades based on Trump's Twitter activity. His disruptive tweets caused trillions of dollars of market volatility during his first term - and traders made billions off of it. In that respect he was one of the best friends Wall Street ever had. You see, we don't make money - necessarily - from steady rising/falling market prices, we make money from up and down, sine wave-like price action.

P.S. I almost forgot about the trade war. Do you have any idea the impact on businesses that occurred when Trump implemented his draconian tariffs? Perhaps the greatest market disruption in the history of the world. I could go on and on for days about this. But I liked it at the time even though it went against everything I had ever been taught. I still held tightly to the "crazy like a fox" theory. Oh the memories... >_<

P.P.S. Imagine if Biden had pulled some of the protectionist bullshit Trump did? Protectionism is a Democratic ploy btw. It is completely antithetical to free market theory.

Comment

No way will I invest the time necessary to answer that question so specifically. I will support my own statement though, regarding "Trump doing a million things that affected the markets" with the following:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...losers-n692961
            https://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/le...129169489.html
            https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...nd-losers-will

His Tweets alone, attacking or praising specific companies he liked, became a niche industry on Wall Street. There were algorithms designed to place trades based on Trump's Twitter activity. His disruptive tweets caused trillions of dollars of market volatility during his first term - and traders made billions off of it. In that respect he was one of the best friends Wall Street ever had. You see, we don't make money - necessarily - from steady rising/falling market prices, we make money from up and down, sine wave-like price action.

P.S. I almost forgot about the trade war. Do you have any idea the impact on businesses that occurred when Trump implemented his draconian tariffs? Perhaps the greatest market disruption in the history of the world. I could go on and on for days about this. But I liked it at the time even though it went against everything I had ever been taught. I still held tightly to the "crazy like a fox" theory. Oh the memories... >_<

P.P.S. Imagine if Biden had pulled some of the protectionist bullshit Trump did? Protectionism is a Democratic ploy btw. It is completely antithetical to free market theory.
            Hey Schmuck. If you have all the answers, then answer his question. You claim to be smarter than everyone else. Just admit it. You’re a dumb Ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Hey Schmuck. If you have all the answers, then answer his question. You claim to be smarter than everyone else. Just admit it. You’re a dumb Ass.

Comment

Still no answers by the self proclaimed smartest person in 5he world. Lol

Comment

First Read is a morning briefing from Meet the Press and the NBC Political Unit on the day's most important political stories and why they matter.

I’m pro clean water. That doesn’t mean that Trump’s changes in regulations were anti-clean water. They aren’t. You’re building a false equivalence.

As to the articles you chose, probably the worst examples I can imagine. Tweets do not pick winners and losers.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I’m pro clean water. That doesn’t mean that Trump’s changes in regulations were anti-clean water. They aren’t. You’re building a false equivalence.
                    Incoherent/inapplicable

His clean water EO's provided relief to farmers (picked a winner) and increased negative externalities (market failure) all at the same time.

Originally posted by wufan View Post

As to the articles you chose, probably the worst examples I can imagine.
                    Incorrect.

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Tweets do not pick winners and losers.
                    Massively incorrect.

Comment

Incoherent/inapplicable

His clean water EO's provided relief to farmers (picked a winner) and increased negative externalities (market failure) all at the same time.

Incorrect.

Massively incorrect.
                      Cold you are incorrect if you are referring to the "Waters of the US" ruling by Obama's EPA. It was a crazy rule change that allowed EPA to regulate literally any waters, creeks, ponds, standing water etc. Trump's EPA rescinded that rule, and I am glad they did.

There is now a more productive conversation how to regulate water that isn't just plain nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He just wants to tell us how great he is and then post other articles from the MSM as his "evidence". Perfect fit for a libtard.

Comment

• I wonder if I am the only person on this board that has worked a trail derailment? I wonder if I am the only person on this board that has oil and gas pipelines running under his property? I wonder if I am the only person on this board that uses solar, uses gasoline, uses electric, uses diesel, and uses natural gas?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            I wonder if I am the only person on this board that has worked a trail derailment? I wonder if I am the only person on this board that has oil and gas pipelines running under his property? I wonder if I am the only person on this board that uses solar, uses gasoline, uses electric, uses diesel, and uses natural gas?
                            I have a wood pellet smoker and pay two utilities bills per month. I figure that makes me an energy expert!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I have a wood pellet smoker and pay two utilities bills per month. I figure that makes me an energy expert!
                              With solar pathway lights and Diesel cologne!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

more than Clod

Comment

Working...
                                X