• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Mostly peaceful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      That's different because ... ummm ... let's see ... oh, yeah! They weren't waving oppressive U.S. flags in support of the country. So they were good protestors.
      And no Feds shot any of them. I wonder if there were any police that died in the weeks following that was the fault of those protesters?

One more thing…somebody in power is using the Jan 6 event to extend the powers of the capital police so they can make arrests out of jurisdiction and spy on Americans. I feel like that’s exactly what we need! Another federal agency with unrestricted reign throughout the country.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        One more thing…somebody in power is using the Jan 6 event to extend the powers of the capital police so they can make arrests out of jurisdiction and spy on Americans. I feel like that’s exactly what we need! Another federal agency with unrestricted reign throughout the country.
        Don't worry, eventually the Republicans will be in charge of them, and we can use them to go door to door to vaccinate all people with some new and experimental drug that might save up to 0.02% of the population!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Don't worry, eventually the Republicans will be in charge of them, and we can use them to go door to door to vaccinate all people with some new and experimental drug that might save up to 0.02% of the population!
          Thanks Kung Wu! For a second there I was only thinking of the problems. Once power is given to the folks that I support, then we will have our utopia!
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Insurrection right Madame Speaker?

Comment

• 4 Capital police officers have committed suicide?????

That raises an eyebrow.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                4 Capital police officers have committed suicide?????

That raises an eyebrow.
                Why do people only care now? Because the media told them to. Too many brave men and women deal with the unimaginable on a daily basis. We are not doing enough to support I’m the mental health of our police or soldiers.

reference: from 2019 - 4 NYPD officers commit suicide in a span of 3 weeks.

According to bluehelp.org, 239 officers committed suicide in 2019. 174 in 2020. 88 in 2021 YTD.

Suicide Awareness day is Sept 26, since so many are sensitive after the media told them how bad Jan 6 was in officers. I promise, it might have been part of issue, but there is always so much more to it.

Comment

• Yep. Police, Border Patrol, Military, Firefighters and other first responders have a very high rate of mental health and suicide issues unfortunately.

Comment

• Last summer's protests and riots seems to be completely verboten now on mainstream media. In contrast the January 6 "insurrection" story never slows down.

Curious...how left of center is PBS in Wichita? PBS coming out of Denver is definitely well left of center overall except for one or two token conservative half hour talk shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                      Last summer's protests and riots seems to be completely verboten now on mainstream media. In contrast the January 6 "insurrection" story never slows down.

Curious...how left of center is PBS in Wichita? PBS coming out of Denver is definitely well left of center overall except for one or two token conservative half hour talk shows.
                      PBS is left. Jan 6 is greatest threat on freedom since the Holocaust.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

PBS is left. Jan 6 is greatest threat on freedom since the Holocaust.
                        You made two statements. No doubt PBS is left. Is your second statement your opinion, is it attributed to PBS, ir is it just left? It wasn’t clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You made two statements. No doubt PBS is left. Is your second statement your opinion, is it attributed to PBS, ir is it just left? It wasn’t clear.
                          Knowing Wufan, it waa sarcasm that PBS really said that, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

What kinda sucks is I really like some programs on PBS…

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That was Democrat talking point hyperbole. I have heard the following from elected Democrats.

Worst attack since 9/11
                            Worst attach since Pearl Harbor
                            Greatest assault on freedom since the civil war.

Im not aware of anyone comparing it to the Holocaust.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Knowing Wufan, it waa sarcasm that PBS really said that, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

What kinda sucks is I really like some programs on PBS…
                              PBS has some good stories. Some of them are unlistenable…usually the interviews.

I first noticed this in 2015. They were calling the alt right racists and white supremacists. It’s easy to look back at that now and say, “so what, they are.” But in 2015 they weren’t. Just a few months prior they did a story asking, “what is the alt right” and they explained it as people that believed in American Exceptionalism and wanted closed boarders. They were right wing isolationists that wanted a strong federal gov. They interviewed several people and that was it.

In just a matter of weeks, the alt right went from Tea Party to Nazis. And now no reasonable person would/should associate with the alt right. Most of the non white supremacists ended up being Trumpers. Now they’re also Fascists according to PBS.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Sometimes I watch a little bit of "Democracy Now" for kicks. At least it is obvious where they are coming from...the hard left. In that sense the show is honest. I'm pretty moderate politically so it saddens me to see how politically biased PBS is. Given the quality of some of the programing you would expect more balance.

Comment

Working...
                                X