Pfizer Covid Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I don’t believe that the oppression we are facing is of ill intent. Those in power believe that they have the knowledge necessary to know what is best for the individual. In fact, it possible that their impositions might result in a statistically better outcome across a population; however, it denies individual agency and thereby denies the very meaning of life. For this reason it should be condemned.
    Don't be an anarchist and remember your oath doctor...

And take a bit of advice during a TEMPORARY pandemic from an otherworldly sage:

Comment

• I’m not an anarchist, though I do align with some. I believe that the free individual is the ultimate expression of heaven on earth. I do not fear those that will attempt to oppress me as I am content in my humility that I will overcome.

Lets have some more whiskey, shall we?
      Livin the dream

Comment

I’m not an anarchist, though I do align with some. I believe that the free individual is the ultimate expression of heaven on earth. I do not fear those that will attempt to oppress me as I am content in my humility that I will overcome.

Lets have some more whiskey, shall we?
        So when you retire and join a nude colony, you'll be the only guy walking around w/ a hardon.

P.S. I almost teared up watching Spock die. My kind of alien...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

So when you retire and join a nude colony, you'll be the only guy walking around w/ a hardon.

P.S. I almost teared up watching Spock die. My kind of alien...
          Spok was an insidious alien virus.
          Livin the dream

Comment

I looked into this a bit, and didn’t really find the concrete answers I was looking for. Clinical trials are too far removed from what I do, so my info is really public knowledge.

There was at least some participants that were exposed intentionally after being vaccinated. I believe it was - 40, and 2 became infected, but I might be misremembering.
            Why wouldn't be as simple as drawing blood after some duration and checking for antibodies? The mRNA causes a protein to form that triggers immunity response and antibody creation, doesn't it?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why wouldn't be as simple as drawing blood after some duration and checking for antibodies? The mRNA causes a protein to form that triggers immunity response and antibody creation, doesn't it?
              That was what the vast majority of the clinical study was. Something like 40k people. Stage 3 clinicals were done in this manner. One of the concerns is how you discern one antibody from another. This is again outside of my expertise.
              Livin the dream

Comment

That was what the vast majority of the clinical study was. Something like 40k people. Stage 3 clinicals were done in this manner. One of the concerns is how you discern one antibody from another. This is again outside of my expertise.
                A complete guess, but seems reasonable that if there is a reaction to a targeted protein, then it's "probably" working.

At any rate, I think the simple answer to ShockerFever's question is that they drew blood at some point after the test and run a (probably proprietary?) test against it to see if it is effective?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Spok was an insidious alien virus.
                  He was, and always will be... Jim's friend...

You're definitely on some whiskey tonight. Those are the best buzzes. I will have some Mango Wheat Blue Moon in honor of your aching liver. Not a huge fan of this particular beer but it was an experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

A complete guess, but seems reasonable that if there is a reaction to a targeted protein, then it's "probably" working.

At any rate, I think the simple answer to ShockerFever's question is that they drew blood at some point after the test and run a (probably proprietary?) test against it to see if it is effective?
                    I believe that those reactions are theorized to be effective. The theory and science is well thought out, but not demonstrated to be true by theory. There are numerous Corona viruses, but not all antibodies are effective against C19. At some point you have to prove it.

That said, the science is strong enough such that it should be/is effective, and because it is safe (by all practical measures), it will be an improvement at minimum and likely a preventative cure.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Got my first dose today. Didn’t even feel it go in. It was the Pfizer dose. I was in the middle of a bunch of people getting their second dose. Talking with coworkers who have had the second dose this week, reactions were a headache and sore shoulder to a couple of ladies getting 102 fevers with body aches and fatigue. The symptoms subsided in 8-12 hours and they were back to work, functioning normal the next day.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Got my first dose today. Didn’t even feel it go in. It was the Pfizer dose. I was in the middle of a bunch of people getting their second dose. Talking with coworkers who have had the second dose this week, reactions were a headache and sore shoulder to a couple of ladies getting 102 fevers with body aches and fatigue. The symptoms subsided in 8-12 hours and they were back to work, functioning normal the next day.
                        I'm glad to hear you were able to work up the balls to get it done... even with your "scratchy" throat. Did the ladies hold your hand when you saw the needle? Hopefully now that you've been partially vaccinated, you'll be able to discuss the pandemic without getting triggered and going all cuckoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm glad to hear you were able to work up the balls to get it done... even with your "scratchy" throat. Did the ladies hold your hand when you saw the needle? Hopefully now that you've been partially vaccinated, you'll be able to discuss the pandemic without getting triggered and going all cuckoo.
                          One of the questions that is asked prior to vaccination is “are you feeling sick today?” I’m glad I didn’t take your advice and waste my time trying to get it then because I would’ve been denied. Same criteria applies to the flu shot.

You of all people calling someone triggered and cuckoo?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Clod is Clod. His dumb comments go all the way back to Casey Crawford. He’s on an island all by himself most of the time Except when someone feels sorry for him. I’m sure his mother loves him Most of the time.

Comment

One of the questions that is asked prior to vaccination is “are you feeling sick today?” I’m glad I didn’t take your advice and waste my time trying to get it then because I would’ve been denied. Same criteria applies to the flu shot.

Of course. You would have mentioned your "scratchy throat" and they would have said go home right now young man. Then as you closed the door all the little old ladies would have busted up laughing until they had tears in their eyes.

Nevermind all the REAL life or death circumstances going on with Covid-19 that you continually deny, it's the vaccine that you've REALLY got to be careful about......

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Clod is Clod. His dumb comments go all the way back to Casey Crawford. He’s on an island all by himself most of the time Except when someone feels sorry for him. I’m sure his mother loves him Most of the time.
                                You're right about being on an island by myself.

You sound particularly triggered today. I suspect the process of your mouth decoupling from Trump's teet has been very painful for you. It'll get better dude. I tried to warn ya...

Casey Crawford... Do you even understand the joke? He turned us down for the B12 and then the ACC lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X