No announcement yet.

Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this quote doesn't scare the absolute living **** out of you......

"Post deadline we expect employers will follow their standard HR process.......and that means for employees not in compliance, they'll go through education, counseling, accommodations and enforcement."

I don't care where you are politically, that is some scary **** from OUR government that is supposed to be serving US.
    “Amtrak has announced it will have to make cuts to its long-distance services to comply with the Biden administration’s federal contractor vaccine mandate on Jan. 4. https://t.co/lRkmMhA2rZ”

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        If this quote doesn't scare the absolute living **** out of you......

"Post deadline we expect employers will follow their standard HR process.......and that means for employees not in compliance, they'll go through education, counseling, accommodations and enforcement."

I don't care where you are politically, that is some scary **** from OUR government that is supposed to be serving US.
        Yikes. Scary indeed.

Comment

• The City of Las Vegas has announced that McCarran International Airport will be re-named to honor former Senator Harry Reid. Going forward it shall be called Douchebag International Airport......

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            The City of Las Vegas has announced that McCarran International Airport will be re-named to honor former Senator Harry Reid. Going forward it shall be called Douchebag International Airport......
            I vote turd sandwich.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• It (hopefully) appears to be a dead issue now, but can we have just a bit of common sense when discussing the idiotic student loan forgiveness ideas?

Even if we agree that it's a burden to a great number of folks out there, there have to be a thousand ideas more reasonable than just forgiveness.

Public sector work, no interest, military service......or what I think REALLY needs to happen, identify why all these people in the last 20 years can't pay these loans back.

And the answer is, clearly, they were overcharged for a product that doesn't carry forward it's worth. And given that, if we're going to forgive any amount of those loans, doesn't it make sense to go to the people that benefited from these transactions, ie the schools? Otherwise, it seems to me, you're just BEGGING the schools to double down and give even bigger loans for even more useless degrees in the future. That's just how I see it.

Comment

It (hopefully) appears to be a dead issue now, but can we have just a bit of common sense when discussing the idiotic student loan forgiveness ideas?

Even if we agree that it's a burden to a great number of folks out there, there have to be a thousand ideas more reasonable than just forgiveness.

Public sector work, no interest, military service......or what I think REALLY needs to happen, identify why all these people in the last 20 years can't pay these loans back.

And the answer is, clearly, they were overcharged for a product that doesn't carry forward it's worth. And given that, if we're going to forgive any amount of those loans, doesn't it make sense to go to the people that benefited from these transactions, ie the schools? Otherwise, it seems to me, you're just BEGGING the schools to double down and give even bigger loans for even more useless degrees in the future. That's just how I see it.
                I think most of that is good. My big problem is I paid for both of my degrees, half of my wife's, & all 2 & 1/2 of my kids' (oldest dropped out to get married). My kids went to private schools, all without any debt. That's 5 degrees, and someone wants me to pay for their kids collage. Talk about an incentive to not take responsibility, where is the "fair share" argument.

Comment

• Ideas for current unpaid student debt:

1. Allow some form of bankruptcy
                  2. Stop the interest rate and make them responsible for principle only
                  3. Work/volunteer forgiveness

Ideas for future student load debt:
                  1. Make the university be the guaranteer/lender for any students debt.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Had the government stayed out of backing student loans and guaranteeing that money to schools, we never would have seen the type of increases we've seen. Get government out of the loan process completely and everyone is better off. Schools have no fear of losing out in those cases so there is little incentive to keep costs down.

Was it Mike Rowe that said something along the lines that it's ridiculous that a young person can easily secure a 100k loan for school but can't get a 10k loan for a business startup? One has the full backing of the US government and the other is completely on the bank.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Ideas for current unpaid student debt:

1. Allow some form of bankruptcy
                      2. Stop the interest rate and make them responsible for principle only
                      3. Work/volunteer forgiveness

Ideas for future student load debt:
                      1. Make the university be the guaranteer/lender for any students debt.
                      I don't have a problem with any of your ideas. They still hold the student a little accountable.

However, it still is a slap in the face to the millions of kids (and parents) who have paid off their college loans in the past 20 years. These student loans are NOT ALL ON THE SCHOOL .

I personally know lots of parents and their responsible kids who worked through the process, and paid off their loans. Some kids wanted to go to a school that they probably couldn't afford, and I guess their parents didn't assist them, and say NO.

Some kids were willing to work during their college experience (that's a novel idea today). Some kids, I knew went to WSU and lived at home to save money. Others went to Butler County or other junior colleges to limit their expenses, but still not live at home.

Now, Other students partied and then dropped out of school with loans hanging on, and no one telling them they had to pay off their loans. Others didn't want to work during their college experience. Other students refused to live at home and go to school thinking it would stifle their experiences, Still others refused to go to the more affordable community college down the road for a couple of years.

Comment

• And we're surprised when these same people can't manage income, expenses and savings as they get older.

We're teaching too much of the wrong things, not enough of the right things, paying MANY of the people to teach these things way too much and giving too much money to students as extra in the interest of being fair. Because a few kids have nothing and deserve a chance, everyone gets access to these cash pipelines that obviously cannot be sustained.

I love wufan idea of making the Universities be the guaranteer/lender.

Comment

• Before we solve the student debt crisis for current students, can we shut the program down so we aren't making the problem worse?

Of course not.

Even though both sides of the aisle recognize they have created a disaster for the consumers of this product, they won't shut it down or reverse it to pre-1992 policy.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

And we're surprised when these same people can't manage income, expenses and savings as they get older.
                            I love wufan idea of making the Universities be the guaranteer/lender.
                            At least require the schools to limit loan amounts (which parents should do) to a payable amount each year. Anyone should know that a student cannot borrow 20,000 dollars a year and pay it back without lots of money. But how about medical and law schools? I know a good number of doctors who have had to have accumulated large loans, and are paying them back. They are also making good money. Again, not all policies fit every situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

I think most of that is good. My big problem is I paid for both of my degrees, half of my wife's, & all 2 & 1/2 of my kids' (oldest dropped out to get married). My kids went to private schools, all without any debt. That's 5 degrees, and someone wants me to pay for their kids collage. Talk about an incentive to not take responsibility, where is the "fair share" argument.
                              I'm mostly the same. Dropped in excess of $150K in primary education before the University put their hand out, paid for some of my own experience and all of my wife's (obviously she was a big part of that payback). All while paying taxes for public education via property taxes. I'm not asking for a refund, but I am asking to not have to pay for even more of others education. The people making the argument to forgive are half right....it's NOT fair, at all, but not the way you think it's not fair, Bernie.

Anyone see the Sen Warren / Elon Musk twitter battle? Elon responding "Please don't call the manager on me, Senator Karen (replying to batshit stupid Elizabeth Warren)" might be the best thing I've seen this year.

Also "and if you opened your eyes for 2 seconds, you would realize I will pay more taxes than any American in history this year".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

At least require the schools to limit loan amounts (which parents should do) to a payable amount each year. Anyone should know that a student cannot borrow 20,000 dollars a year and pay it back without lots of money. But how about medical and law schools? I know a good number of doctors who have had to have accumulated large loans, and are paying them back. They are also making good money. Again, not all policies fit every situation.
                                Which defends my original point. Paying a ton for a degree to become a doctor makes sense. That's a valuable commodity. If that costs you say$200,000 but you're going to start off making $100-$200k (with enormous upside in the future) per year then it's worth it. But borrowing $75K for a degree that doesn't provide much in the way of a job at all or one that pays say $50K (which doesn't leave much after basic bills) and very little future upside, is all but worthless...and certainly not worth the $75K you paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X