Any Trump fans getting tired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Basically, every one of his predictions has been wrong, so he follows up by saying it's unpredictable....

Fauci is the best we have and it's not even close.

Any negativity towards him is political propagandistic nonsense.

His curriculum vitae speaks for itself.

Background information and profile of NIAID Director, Anthony S. Fauci, M.D.

Dr. Fauci was appointed director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies. The NIAID budget for fiscal year 2020 is an estimated $5.9 billion.

Dr. Fauci has advised six presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.

Dr. Fauci also is the longtime chief of the Laboratory of Immunoregulation. He has made many contributions to basic and clinical research on the pathogenesis and treatment of immune-mediated and infectious diseases. He helped pioneer the field of human immunoregulation by making important basic scientific observations that underpin the current understanding of the regulation of the human immune response. In addition, Dr. Fauci is widely recognized for delineating the precise ways that immunosuppressive agents modulate the human immune response. He developed effective therapies for formerly fatal inflammatory and immune-mediated diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis (formerly Wegener's granulomatosis), and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. A 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association membership ranked Dr. Fauci’s work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis among the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.

Dr. Fauci has made seminal contributions to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to its susceptibility to deadly infections. Further, he has been instrumental in developing treatments that enable people with HIV to live long and active lives. He continues to devote much of his research to the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV.

In a 2019 analysis of Google Scholar citations, Dr. Fauci ranked as the 41st most highly cited researcher of all time. According to the Web of Science, he ranked 8th out of more than 2.2 million authors in the field of immunology by total citation count between 1980 and January 2019.​

Dr. Fauci has delivered major lectures all over the world and is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom (the highest honor given to a civilian by the President of the United States), the National Medal of Science, the George M. Kober Medal of the Association of American Physicians, the Mary Woodard Lasker Award for Public Service, the Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research, the Robert Koch Gold Medal, the Prince Mahidol Award, and the Canada Gairdner Global Health Award. He also has received 45 honorary doctoral degrees from universities in the United States and abroad.

Dr. Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society, as well as other professional societies including the American College of Physicians, the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the Association of American Physicians, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the American Association of Immunologists, and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals; as an editor of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine; and as author, coauthor, or editor of more than 1,300 scientific publications, including several textbooks.
    45 honorary doctorates... LOL!

T

Comment

I'll give him credit for stating the case fatality rate may be below 1%. He was right there, if not a little high on his numbers. That would be the outcome.

Did it ever occur that his expert opinion had a lot to do with US Senators telling their citizens to go have a good time in Chinatown? That's in reference to an article he penned for the New England Journal of Medicine claiming influenza is a bigger threat covid19. Do you need the link?

But, he has supported his President's actions through all of this pandemic outbreak. No?

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Fauci is the best we have and it's not even close.

Any negativity towards him is political propagandistic nonsense.

His curriculum vitae speaks for itself.

Background information and profile of NIAID Director, Anthony S. Fauci, M.D.

45 honorary doctorates... LOL!

T

Some would say he's a propaganda machine.

There's something about him that screams shady to me.

Did you even know that Fauci existed before this year?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Doesn't Bill Cosby have an honorary doctorate or 2?

Gotta be honest, at this point, I'm almost begging for a fatal case of CV-19 to drop on me.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Doesn't Bill Cosby have an honorary doctorate or 2?

Gotta be honest, at this point, I'm almost begging for a fatal case of CV-19 to drop on me.
            How ironic. I thought of that EXACT same thing when reading Fauci's comparative truckload of honorary hardware. Bill Cosby is a very wise man and was an outspoken voice of personal responsibility in the black community. I was truly saddened to find out he had a side-gig as an amateur pharmacist lothario.

Be careful what you wish for on the fatal case of Covid...

That being said, my mental fatigue on the whole issue and the hit to my social life is becoming a burden. Six months ago feels like 6 years ago. :(

T

Comment

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...28_july_6_2020

No wonder joe's starting to put America first, if a little (by 4 years) late.

#BlameFoxNewsmya**

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                I'll give him credit for stating the case fatality rate may be below 1%. He was right there, if not a little high on his numbers. That would be the outcome.

Did it ever occur that his expert opinion had a lot to do with US Senators telling their citizens to go have a good time in Chinatown? That's in reference to an article he penned for the New England Journal of Medicine claiming influenza is a bigger threat covid19. Do you need the link?

But, he has supported his President's actions through all of this pandemic outbreak. No?
                Dr. Fauci is not a fortune teller, but he is the best source of reason and rationality that we have. His intelligence and experience are absolutely inimitable when it comes to devising strategies to combat infectious disease.

He is unfortunately hampered though by a president that has acted as a countervailing force with respect to standard operating procedures during a pandemic. In any other situation I would welcome non-traditional thinking and unrestrained thought flow from a guy like Trump, but not this one. Certainly not from the guy who makes the final decision. In this situation, you stand back and let the professionals do what they've trained all their lives for.

Again, I didn't come to the conclusion that Trump was acting particularly irresponsible until the Tulsa rally. After that I have swung very negative on him, and now other things I would normally brush under the carpet and justify, I am having a hard time doing.

My cup runneth over on the loose-lipped developer from NYC. I need him to act normal for a while. And I don't think I'm alone on this as indicated by the "fake polls".

T

Comment

he is the best source of reason and rationality that we have. His intelligence and experience are absolutely inimitable when it comes to devising strategies to combat infectious disease.
                  You didn't need to tell us your cup runneth over. Misspoke (not at all)? You probably blame this predicament on your President more so than China. No?

Best source? I prefer a genuine virologist's opinion. He was wrong about AIDS. Want links?

He's avoided, also, mortality rates. Just like you. Would you please post his latest opinion on mortality rates for all of us here on this forum? THAT'S why a lot of people don't take his gloom and doom too seriously. We choose to look at the multiple other experts, who are actual molecular biologist's; they're in every State.

He does get credit for commending your President's efforts to stem the tide. How come you don't agree with him on that one? If you answer any one of these questions can you make it the question that is italicized please. That's all we want to know about; ~the outcome!~

debate.jpg

#BlameFoxNewsmya**
                  Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 12, 2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Would you please post his latest opinion on mortality rates for all of us here on this forum?
                    Nobody knows what the mortality rate is because nobody has accurate infection totals, but I think it's much lower than what most worldwide organizations still have showing 2%, 3%, etc.

My guess is around .06% which is 6x the flu.

But even if it's 4x, 6x, 10x as deadly as the flu, that is only a very tiny portion of the story. The infectiousness is a major aspect and Covid-19 makes the flu look silly in comparison. Then there's the wide variability in symptoms and outcome which feeds into paranoia and fear (both in the healthcare community and the public). A "minor case" as defined by healthcare standards is an infection that doesn't require hospitalization. "Minor" can and does really suck at tiimes with Covid.

It's really just an insidious, bio-weapon-like, alien disease and it's unfortunate it has been released upon man. Fortuitous for the Chinese though. Our country's economy has really gotten knocked down a peg now hasn't it?

We desperately need a solid vaccine.

In the meantime, everybody needs to go on with life as best they can and avoid hot spots like restaurants, bars/clubs, and other densely populated locations. Our country needs to stay as healthy as possible if we are going to repair our economy. Fear destroys economies and infection spikes (w/ subsequent resulting deaths) breed fear.

T

Comment

Is Dr Fauci really 80 years old?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Is Dr Fauci really 80 years old?
                        Yes. If you were thinking that he might yet grow taller, it is unlikely.

Comment

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...28_july_6_2020

No wonder joe's starting to put America first, if a little (by 4 years) late.

#BlameFoxNewsmya**
                          Curious as to the significance of your avatar: a pic of a Kapparot ceremony?
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Dr. Fauci is not a fortune teller, but he is the best source of reason and rationality that we have. His intelligence and experience are absolutely inimitable when it comes to devising strategies to combat infectious disease.
                            T

Uhoh. It SOUNDS like CB has a new BROMANCE. This isn’t the first. Can anyone remember past bromances for CB?

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                              Curious as to the significance of your avatar: a pic of a Kapparot ceremony?
                              Yes. Keeps the dark spirits away from Shockernet. The sacrifice of a Chicken brings forth the Powers of Light...

They shall be repelled at the gate!
                              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 12, 2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Uhoh. It SOUNDS like CB has a new BROMANCE. This isn’t the first. Can anyone remember past bromances for CB?
                                I believe he mentioned Jaime and Kleenex together on several occasions.

Comment

Working...
                                X