No announcement yet.

Defunding/Abolishing Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadn’t seen that angle. “We’re going to kill you”. I can’t believe politicians are demonizing the shooter.
    Livin the dream

Comment

They were being pushed away from the statue by some woman in a handkerchief mask. The eventual shooter cleared them out by pushing at their waist and they crumpled to the ground. Sources say UNI has reached out to the woman to offer her a men’s basketball scholarship.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Defunding the police is an interesting issue. The media and most Democrats say "No One is Saying we should Defund the Police". However, while it certainly isn't a majority of Democrats, enough Democrats (mainly the SQUAD, although not only them), there are a decent number of Democrats who say of course we truly mean "Defund" , not change priorities. And even the SQUAD gets a lot more publicity than they deserve when they say this. The far left Democrats are definitely for defunding the police and they don't mince words about it.

Just say the truth. The Democrat leadership and a majority of Democrats in Congress, like this issue more than they want to solve the problem.

Comment

Anti-cop pizza joint in the neighborhood
          https://www.facebook.com/CoolBreezeP...920664/?type=3

Attached Files
          Last edited by BostonWu; June 17, 2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I just want to throw it out there, if Wichita does abolish the Police, my wife is a huge fan of the CSI and CSI Miami shows and thinks she's learned enough to be able to document and gather forensic evidence in murder and rape cases. Just hit me up and I'll send her out there - I know she'll do her best to solve the case.

Comment

The biggest issue to me is not defunding the police and having chaos, although that is an issue.

The biggest issue is what large metro areas will use to replace the police. Hint: they won't take kindly to dissent and opposing views.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I think I could be a pretty good serial killer. Not great with taking lives and all, but pretty sure I could elude capture and cover up my tracks. Especially with no homocide detectives or any other law enforcement body giving an eff to find me.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Probably already been said but at this rate, we won't need to defund the police because half of them are probably about to quit anyway. I'd be scared for my family if I knew that acting in line with training could now land me in jail due to optics. It would be better to work at Lowe's or something if that's what we are gonna do to them.

Comment

Is abolishing police departments really on the table? These are things I can’t judge where I live.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      I think I could be a pretty good serial killer. Not great with taking lives and all, but pretty sure I could elude capture and cover up my tracks. Especially with no homocide detectives or any other law enforcement body giving an eff to find me.
                      They won’t need detectives. They will just track everyone’s whereabouts with phones and cameras...facial recognition.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Is abolishing police departments really on the table? These are things I can’t judge where I live.
                        Yes. Minneapolis just did. The police will be replaced with “some other” group.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Yes. Minneapolis just did. The police will be replaced with “some other” group.
                          Say what???????? You're kidding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Say what???????? You're kidding, right?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Listen, if it's really just "overhaul" the police department -- that's okay. If so, they chose a seriously spooky way to present it, but an overhaul is probably healthy, like it would be with any large organization -- especially if it's got some serious underlying issues.

But the minute I hear any discussion about a private militia being allowed to carry weapons (auxillary police, community police, whatever you want to call it): it's a hard no and I would expect the governor AND the feds to intervene.

I don't know what the intent is, but if they really are just wanting to completely revamp the local PD -- which is ultimately voter owned and ran -- then there's no issue from where I sit.
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I'm just waiting for the progressives to eat their own, intellectually. Can't support police reform, and their union, as the same time. Have to choose one or the other. It is a meme waiting to be generated.

Comment

Working...
                                X