Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lives Matter

What is "Black Lives Matter"? An idea? A movement? Something else?
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Mostly I think it's a way to prove which privileged white people (yes, I realize that is redundant) are also racists.

Comment

A means to an end for an ideologically obsessed radical left wing minority.

It is a social justice meme. The brilliance of it, as a weapon, is to state an obvious fact with which NO ONE disagrees. Then, bring other controversial narratives into the movement. When you disagree with those ideas, you are smeared as a racist for not believing that black lives matter. You either sign up for it in totality or you are evil.

The statement of itself, because it has to be said out loud, implies that some people think black lives don’t matter. If I say of course they do, “all lives matter”, then I fail to see the plight of black Americans and I am a racist. If I say police brutality and police murder is bad, but so is looting, then I am a racist because I don’t see the systemic racism that lead to this necessity.

Know that if you stand up for a cause, at some point the mob will say, “you must also believe THIS!” Do not follow blindly.
      Livin the dream

Comment

The state of Colorado, Seattle, Austin, and several dozen other cities are moving to make Racism a public health crisis.

Anyone want to take a guess at what the cure will be?

edited to correct “several dozen states” to “several dozen cities”.
        Last edited by wufan; August 1, 2020, 02:07 PM.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          The state of Colorado, Seattle, Austin, and several dozen other states are moving to make Racism a public health crisis.

Based on your list of states and cities? Weed!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

The state of Colorado, Seattle, Austin, and several dozen other states are moving to make Racism a public health crisis.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Another crisis, eh? I hear a statement like racism is a public health crisis, and I don't even know WTF that means. Was it a public health crisis during Jim Crow? If not, why?

I think the teen and unwed pregnancy in the inner cities is the real public health crisis. I distinguish inner city because the African Americans in my community seem to be doing just as well as everyone else. Kind of telling me this may not be a race thing, but a cultural thing. But Austin, Seattle and Colorado must be some hotbeds of racism.

But also weed smoking comes to mind as well. Boy, some statistics that look at weed consumption as it relates to youth and success in life would be very interesting wouldn't it?

Like seeing what % of juvenile criminals smoked weed, etc. Something tells me, we ain't gonna see any of that **** publicized anywhere.

But carry on with your continued pablum and nuanced B.S. to make yourself feel all woke. In 15-20 years, nothing will have changed because the root cause is not racism.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Another crisis, eh? I hear a statement like racism is a public health crisis, and I don't even know WTF that means. Was it a public health crisis during Jim Crow? If not, why?

I think the teen and unwed pregnancy in the inner cities is the real public health crisis. I distinguish inner city because the African Americans in my community seem to be doing just as well as everyone else. Kind of telling me this may not be a race thing, but a cultural thing. But Austin, Seattle and Colorado must be some hotbeds of racism.

But also weed smoking comes to mind as well. Boy, some statistics that look at weed consumption as it relates to youth and success in life would be very interesting wouldn't it?

Like seeing what % of juvenile criminals smoked weed, etc. Something tells me, we ain't gonna see any of that **** publicized anywhere.

But carry on with your continued pablum and nuanced B.S. to make yourself feel all woke. In 15-20 years, nothing will have changed because the root cause is not racism.
                Weed consumption is equally prominent in black and white populations. The only correlation between marijuana and crime is that you have to start somewhere. Most criminals smoked pot at some point, but smoking pot doesn’t lead to crime.

The problem is socioeconomical and sex based; not race based. What I mean is that single parents that don’t graduate high school have a hard time keeping a job. Their children tend to repeat these mistakes. Boys that come from this upbringing tend to be violent. There is evidence to suggest that black boys also have a cultural influence that goes beyond socioeconomical. That last one, I don’t understand, but there have been studies.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Weed consumption is equally prominent in black and white populations. The only correlation between marijuana and crime is that you have to start somewhere. Most criminals smoked pot at some point, but smoking pot doesn’t lead to crime.

The problem is socioeconomical and sex based; not race based. What I mean is that single parents that don’t graduate high school have a hard time keeping a job. Their children tend to repeat these mistakes. Boys that come from this upbringing tend to be violent. There is evidence to suggest that black boys also have a cultural influence that goes beyond socioeconomical. That last one, I don’t understand, but there have been studies.
                  Of the kids that do not smoke weed, what is their probability of success?
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Here is a study which says that chronic and persistent use through adolescence and young adulthood correlates with less success. Quitting, though shows no difference from abstenscion.

I don’t think there is any question that drug and alcohol use have negative consequences. It just doesn’t have anything to do with success or failure in the black community because use is consistent across races.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Here is a study which says that chronic and persistent use through adolescence and young adulthood correlates with less success. Quitting, though shows no difference from abstenscion.

I don’t think there is any question that drug and alcohol use have negative consequences. It just doesn’t have anything to do with success or failure in the black community because use is consistent across races.
                      I guess my point is that if we are gonna start making **** piblic health crisis's, racism makes no sense. Youth substance abuse is still much more of a hinderence than racism. But no one wants to do that, while hollywood, athletes and pop culture continue to glorify it.

This all just seems so hollow to me. It just seems like our local governments have failed to improve the lives of it's citizens for decades and are now trying to cover up that failure in one fell swoop by blaming society and deflecting accountability under this boogeyman of racism.

Comment

I guess my point is that if we are gonna start making **** piblic health crisis's, racism makes no sense. Youth substance abuse is still much more of a hinderence than racism. But no one wants to do that, while hollywood, athletes and pop culture continue to glorify it.

This all just seems so hollow to me. It just seems like our local governments have failed to improve the lives of it's citizens for decades and are now trying to cover up that failure in one fell swoop by blaming society and deflecting accountability under this boogeyman of racism.
                        Agreed that “racism as a public health crisis” is hollow and not helpful. I don’t think stopping marijuana use is some magic bullet either.

People make bad decisions. We can either support those people through community or prosecute them through the legal system. I favor the former.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I believe that most of the problems in the black community are traceable to LBJ's decision to destroy the black family unit.

Comment

probably about the same as those who do..and that includes the edible crowd.

Comment

Correlation is not necessarily causation. Kids smoking a bunch of ganja when they should be studying, or running track or in band practice may be on the wrong path well before they pick up a bowl.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X