No announcement yet.

WSU cancels Ivanka Trump graduation speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden should resign, but if not the BoR should fire him. His decision showed a tremendous lack of critical thinking without looking at all the consequences of his decision. It was a commencement speech to WSU Tech students, of which the school has benefited greatly from Pompeo, the military, and the relationship Sheree Utah’s has with Ivanka and the President. Incredibly myopic vision from Prez Golden.

Comment

Shitcan Golden. No doubt about it. Feckless leadership personified.

Here's C0|db|00ded as WSU University President:

My fellow students:

While I know many of you are unhappy with the choice for commencement speaker, I just want to thank you for your open-mindedness on the issue. Americans have always stood for free speech and the peaceful exchange of ideas and information. It is in fact our greatest asset as a nation. The world will look at us next week and marvel how individuals of differing minds, during a time of civil unrest, can join together to peacefully celebrate what we all hold in common; the desire to see our fellow Shockers succeed.

Thank you so much for your professionalism and respect - may it serve you well throughout your entire careers!

Sincerely,

Prez C0|d

Comment

Dennis Miller from 2002. Prescient.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

None of this is good. The president will be canned. A search will commence, and nobody worth a **** will even sniff the job. In the course of a few months, WSU has become visibly toxic.

Comment

Unless they chose a candidate that embraces varying viewpoints, understands the mission of WSU and won’t Kow-Tow to a few that provides nothing more to WSU but hot air and a big mouth.

Doesn’t Golden have an advisory board he bounces those decisions off of in order to make sound decisions?

Comment

I am thinking that a majority of the people that signed the petition already didn't really care for WSU, and still won't, even after they got what they wanted.
              The Assman

Comment

I'm a liberal. Not a fan of Ivanka, other than her bolt-ons, but I'm less of a fan of the cancel mob.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Unless they chose a candidate that embraces varying viewpoints, understands the mission of WSU and won’t Kow-Tow to a few that provides nothing more to WSU but hot air and a big mouth.

Doesn’t Golden have an advisory board he bounces those decisions off of in order to make sound decisions?
                  I'm guess that he does have an advisory board and you just name them at the end of your first sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm guess that he does have an advisory board and you just name them at the end of your first sentence.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Good grief. What a completely unnecessary disaster. Cold is correct. When Ivanka had been invited, and Prof. Ray got all upset about it, and persuaded similarly-inclined students and faculty to join her, Pres. Golden should have cowboyed-up and told them too bad, too late, and if you don’t care for the speech or the speaker, you’ll get over it.

Comment

Obama spoke at Notre Dame.

AT NOTRE DAME.

Fire Golden yesterday.

Comment

Funny how innocuous comments like “every single life matters” can threaten or eliminate people’s livelihoods, but when the chickens come home to roost and it’s someone in your favored political party on the line, it’s a big deal.

I have no sympathy for the people begging to save Golden’s job. Are you part of the mob trying to dictate what everyone does? Doesn’t matter to me at all anymore. You reap what you sow.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

They believe in Free Speech, until you say something they don't agree with
                            The Assman

Comment

Interesting. Ivanka's speech is still linked at this page as one of the "messages of congratulations", just not in the main ceremony video itself. So all this is over how a video was placed in virtual space? And yes, I know where the video was placed is not what is causing all the hubub, said hubub comes from the way it was all handled. I agree with Royal's earlier statement that this is likely to turn into a no-win situation. If the virtual ceremony would have been in mid-May, would anyone have cared?

https://vgrad.z19.web.core.windows.n...KTVObptL135Iso
                              Last edited by ShockBand; June 10, 2020, 03:22 PM.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I just want what’s best for WSU and I know we need Koch money for better or worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X