No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging the satellite closing of hospitals in the US, it appears to have been a "bit" of an overreaction:

A hospital in Oklahoma City is closing temporarily because of a lack of nonemergency surgeries and procedures, according to a new report. INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center will keep its emergency room open but temporarily close for most other procedures, a spokesperson told the Oklahoman. "We fully anticipate that if and when we see a surge

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
      I am curious what is the take of members of this board about Dr. Rashid Buttar's assertion regarding CDC, WHO, Bill Gates, Fauchi are inflating the pandemic numbers. I will hang up and listen.
      I’m not going to call any one individual/group out for their interpretation of the data or presentation of the data. I’m not going to call any one individual/group for their response to this incident. There was serious real-time data analysis and real-time policy writing for an unprecedented incident. It is absolutely true that individuals/groups read inherent bias into what they were seeing and how to handle it, but I don’t think anyone had nefarious motives.

Now that more data is coming out and there has been more time to go over the data, now will be the time that we learn who utilizes this tragedy to further their agenda regardless of the good or bad for the individual or the state.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Can you show me the difference between the can and can't buy seeds in the garden center of your local walmart?

How about the difference between having easter services in your car vs no services?

Being able to launch a boat in a state park vs closing state parks?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Can you show me the difference between the can and can't buy seeds in the garden center of your local walmart?

How about the difference between having easter services in your car vs no services?

Being able to launch a boat in a state park vs closing state parks?
          Those things don’t HAVE to be related.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Michigan Governor deems lotto tickets as essential. lolz
            Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 21, 2020, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk

agree

Did the Ohio governor also ban people's travel between two residences and their ability to ride by themselves on their motor boats like governor Michigan's Whitimer?
              Ironic.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Here is the type of testing that will really help us understand what reality is. A city in California is conducting a covid test and antibody test for all their residents.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...irus-is-spread

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee

I know I am. But that still doesn't explain how a person exercising social distancing buying seeds is more at risk than the person social distancing buying twinkies.
                  Nutritional value of twinkies aside, people require fuel to function at a normal level. Weakness, dizziness, fainting, lethargy are all side effects of not getting enough food. If a person goes long enough without food they will die.

Studies on how long a human can survive without gardening are still in the test planning phase.

Comment

• Dumb jokes aside, if you really want to buy some new seeds just do it online.

Comment

• We are still waiting on our online seeds. They haven’t shipped yet and were ordered 10 days ago.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• It's all just getting stupid. People are getting stupid. Government is getting stupid. I don't know who is more annoying, the government doing the stupid things and overstepping their bounds, or people going out of their way to chide other people for doing stuff.

I don't really know, but I do know, it's all stupid.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I just linked it based upon my comment expressing the dumbness of the "essentials being banned" and the other posts on lotto all within 4 posts of your " you people" post.

If there was no linkage sorry.

Comment

• My post with the graph, was to highlight that there will invariably be people who think that a lockdown was unnecessary due to a flattening, reduction, and lack of a personal impact. We know this is how some humans operate. To prove my point, all you have to do is look in the inbox of broadcast meteorologists after they interrupt TV programming to provide information on a tornado warned storm - even those that killed people. A number of people in our society will ***** and moan that they didn't get to watch The Bachelor even though the preempted coverage might have saved lives. Because the tornado didn't hit their house they think the coverage was unnecessary.

The same concept will assuredly happen here as well and likely from the same subset of people.

I'm really not trying to argue for or against seed purchasing or lottery tickets and so please leave me out of that discussion.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Interesting comments from Swedish epidemiologist. Sounds like they took the same approach, more or less, as everyone else. The difference being they lacked the legal authority to institute mandated lock down.

Something to consider for the future. Would most Americans listen to science and reason and follow the recommendations to the same extent they would a mandate?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01098-x

Interesting comments from Swedish epidemiologist. Sounds like they took the same approach, more or less, as everyone else. The difference being they lacked the legal authority to institute mandated lock down.

Something to consider for the future. Would most Americans listen to science and reason and follow the recommendations to the same extent they would a mandate?
                                What happened first - private organizations/communities cancelling events or the current government not-really-a-lockdown lockdown? This all just happened in the past 4-6 weeks so the answer is not difficult.

Comment

Working...
                                X