Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
    This weekend I will likely be called into my hospital to work (I haven't done hospital care in 7 years) because they have 411 beds and anticipate over 600 patients (NOT coronavirus patients). We have a tent hospital at our state fairgrounds when the hallways get too crowded with gurneys. Let's hope you don't have a loved one here that needs an appendectomy, or suffers a stroke, or has a need for gallbladder removal; otherwise they may end up in a MASH like situation; or worse.
    You got this OregonShocker! Shockernet is 100% behind you with thoughts and prayers -- not just this weekend, but every day you need it from here on out! You were born for this!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You got this OregonShocker! Shockernet is 100% behind you with thoughts and prayers -- not just this weekend, but every day you need it from here on out! You were born for this!
      Thanks! But my Dad doesn't like my hospital administrator and wants me to change hospitals. You can read it on Facebook. (sorry, had to try and inject a little humor into the situation.)
      Seriously, thanks!

Comment

Thanks! But my Dad doesn't like my hospital administrator and wants me to change hospitals. You can read it on Facebook. (sorry, had to try and inject a little humor into the situation.)
        Seriously, thanks!
        That IS funny!

Comment

That's because you're using addition to fix a calculus problem.

This weekend I will likely be called into my hospital to work (I haven't done hospital care in 7 years) because they have 411 beds and anticipate over 600 patients (NOT coronavirus patients). We have a tent hospital at our state fairgrounds when the hallways get too crowded with gurneys. Let's hope you don't have a loved one here that needs an appendectomy, or suffers a stroke, or has a need for gallbladder removal; otherwise they may end up in a MASH like situation; or worse.

Some people don't get it. SMH.
          Understand your plight. There is a mountain of legitimate concern everywhere.

But I won't apologize if you find positive news posted here as distasteful or too flip. Everyone is fighting a battle somewhere my friend. Good luck and God speed.

Comment

Seriously, thanks!
            Yes, but is he posting on the Shocker Facebook group pages? "Asking for a friend"

Thanks for donating your time and talents to save others! :)

Comment

Anyone ever hear the joke about the customer who found a bat in his soup?

c1trnwbfx1e41.jpg

Comment

That's bat soup crazy!
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Crisis solved. Thank you for your hard work and dedication of sending us this news.

Comment

• Certainly doesn't solve the crisis but I found this article by a Stanford epidemiologist interesting.

But at this point would it make any sense to make a significant change in course. Would another month of staying the course do much more damage than what has already been done to the economy.

While saying it would be nice if we could get people back to work by Easter (April 12th) is something everyone can agree would be nice. You just can't decree a return to normalcy and, in any case, I'm thinking returning to normalcy will be a gradual process. Furthermore, it is very hard to say what normalcy will be going forward.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 28, 2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Certainly doesn't solve the crisis but I found this article by a Stanford epidemiologist interesting.

Dallas Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle teaches us proper shooting form with the Balance, Balance, Shot Drill

I think you might have paste the wrong link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think you might have paste the wrong link?
                        Indeed I did. I have edited my post with the correct link. Thanks for the catch.

Comment

Indeed I did. I have edited my post with the correct link. Thanks for the catch.
                          FWIW, the other link was cool too. :)

Comment

• Speaking of unreliable data. How accurate is the data coming out of China?

Last edited by Kung Wu; March 28, 2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Speaking of unreliable data. How accurate is the data coming out of China?

Imagine that you live in China, and that the only news you get comes from state-controlled media. In early December 2019, you begin to see stories about a

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/03/28/heres-another-sign-china-may-be-lying-about-true-death-toll/

Totally unreliable. Italy and Iran were f#4ked by China. Then asked the world to bend over.

China with "belt and road initiate" was doing some major construction projects in the city of QOM where they brought the virus. It spread silently and become community spread. Qom is also a holy city with a lot of pilgrims. They then took a gift back home.

In Italy, the Chinese bought the leather good factories from the Italians and imported workers from China. Guess what, these Chinese workers probably coming back from china after the holidays brought the virus. Community spread started occurring. Italians work in large numbers in the cruise ship industry, so they have unknowingly gotten the virus from the Chinese and are now spreading it through Europe/World. Tourists of the world who were traveling to Italy then took it back to their countries. China will never admit it or take accountability - their God is Pooh Bear Xi Jinping - he can do no wrong in their world view.

Comment

Working...
                              X