Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by wufan View Post

    The flu thing came from the article you quoted, as compared to other he measles, polio, etc that came out of your obscured reality. I only addressed the reality of the situation that I live in.

    The problem with your above assertion that, “While that statement is ultimately inconclusive at this point (long-term effects of Covid infection are still being studied),” is that you don’t hold your own risk assessment to this fact. Instead you pull ideas from the darkest reality of your mind. Your asymmetrical approach demonstrates your bad faith arguments.

    You should also consider that spreading Covid amongst those that are at extremely low risk might be a good thing. Even if you ultimately disagree, because it’s an opinion, you should apply some risk analysis to the idea instead of reactionary dismissal.
    Bad faith? Bad faith you say??? I'm one of the most honest men you know. :)

    I don't have enough time/energy to say much more. Playing wet nurse to 'Fever drained my last drop of keyboard ambition.

    I will try and muster just enough to give you something on that last paragraph because it looks interesting....

    Originally posted by wufan View Post
    You should also consider that spreading Covid amongst those that are at extremely low risk might be a good thing. Even if you ultimately disagree, because it’s an opinion, you should apply some risk analysis to the idea instead of reactionary dismissal.
    I have considered herd immunity. So have all the infectious disease experts scattered across the world. The conclusion is: bro science. Herd immunity is a thing, but it varies between diseases. Coronaviruses offer less-than-robust immunity compared to other common viruses.

    It's very basic risk/reward analysis. You can have some immunity and all the potential fleas that come with a natural Covid Experience. Or you can have some immunity with none of the fleas of contracting and becoming a Covid virus factory for a few days to a few weeks. Which one does a rational person choose?

    Again, if we follow the dipshit's advice and utilize our "God-given process", why not utilize it with all the other diseases children are commonly inoculated for? I'm immediately embarrassed after sharing that analogy with you. I fear the only reason you are attempting to defend the unreasonable is political bias. I hope you are just trying to yank my chain. If you are sincere, then please unplug at your earliest convenience. Trump does not deserve your allegiance. I assure you.

    Therefore:

    The only logical route is to continue to vaccinate as fast as possible while begging the public to hold out for another couple weeks/months in hopes of delaying more infection. Coincidentally, this is exactly what the experts are doing.

    Comment


    • I’m sorry Cold. I won’t pick on you anymore. Don’t wanna beat down a soft squirrel.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.
      ________________
      "Enjoy the ride."

      - a smart man

      Comment


      • “Coronaviruses offer less-than-robust immunity compared to other common viruses.” This is not accurate.

        Prior to vaccinations, parents of infected children would offer up their child to infect others. This of course depended on the nature and risk of the illness. The reason for this was so that the child would be immune going into adulthood. Many diseases are much riskier on an older population, this was therefore a risk/reward proposition for the parents to subject them to very little risk early so that they would have less risk as they aged.

        Now we have a Vx for C19, but not for children under 16. They are at very low risk and risk increases as they age. It might not be your choice, but it’s a reasonable path forward.

        Livin the dream

        Comment


        • Originally posted by wufan View Post
          “Coronaviruses offer less-than-robust immunity compared to other common viruses.” This is not accurate.
          It is accurate.

          Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Prior to vaccinations, parents of infected children would offer up their child to infect others. This of course depended on the nature and risk of the illness. The reason for this was so that the child would be immune going into adulthood. Many diseases are much riskier on an older population, this was therefore a risk/reward proposition for the parents to subject them to very little risk early so that they would have less risk as they aged.

          Now we have a Vx for C19, but not for children under 16. They are at very low risk and risk increases as they age. It might not be your choice, but it’s a reasonable path forward.
          It is a reasonable path forward without a working vaccine. WITH a vaccine it's ludicrous, dangerous, and clearly meant to be a joke. You'd be laughed out of the room if you suggested that course of action to anybody dealing w/ the management of the pandemic today. Now... if you mentioned it to the right people in the prior administration, you might get a job working with Scott Atlas. But those people were clearly crazy.

          Comment


          • So I was in Dillon's this evening and there was someone from customer service barking over the intercom: "Masks are mandatory in this store. They are NOT optional. There will be associates walking around making sure everybody has a mask". I was laughing inside... and quite happy.

            Put your GD mask on you selfish, ignorant bastards.

            P.S. Whenever I come across someone without a mask in a store they look like they came straight out of the trailer park.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Put your GD mask on you selfish,.
              Do you really need the "GD"? I mean it make you look you came straight out of the trailer park.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

                It is accurate.



                It is a reasonable path forward without a working vaccine. WITH a vaccine it's ludicrous, dangerous, and clearly meant to be a joke. You'd be laughed out of the room if you suggested that course of action to anybody dealing w/ the management of the pandemic today. Now... if you mentioned it to the right people in the prior administration, you might get a job working with Scott Atlas. But those people were clearly crazy.
                You missed the end about children who can’t take the vaccine.
                Livin the dream

                Comment


                • Originally posted by wufan View Post

                  You missed the end about children who can’t take the vaccine.
                  https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...in-adolescents

                  Pfizer Says COVID-19 Vaccine Shows '100% Efficacy' In Adolescents

                  New clinical trials showed that Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine elicits "100% efficacy and robust antibody responses" in adolescents from 12 to 15 years old, the drug company announced Wednesday. The trial included 2,260 participants; the results are even better than earlier responses from participants ages 16 to 25.

                  Pfizer and its vaccine partner BioNTech said they will submit the results "as soon as possible" to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency, asking regulators to expand their authorizations for the vaccine's use in young people.

                  Pfizer will submit the data "in the coming weeks," Pfizer CEO and Chairman Albert Bourla said in a news release about the trial. Calling the results encouraging, he added that the company is acting "with the hope of starting to vaccinate this age group before the start of the next school year."
                  It's coming! Hang on!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

                    Do you really need the "GD"? I mean it make you look you came straight out of the trailer park.


                    Happy now?

                    Comment


                    • https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/healt...day/index.html

                      Fauci says new Covid-19 cases are at a disturbing level as the US is primed for a surge

                      The number of new Covid-19 cases has plateaued at a "disturbingly high level," and the US is at risk from a new surge, Dr. Anthony Fauci warned on Wednesday.

                      While lower than the peak earlier this year, there were still more than 61,000 new cases reported on Wednesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. And the lack of continued significant decreases in infections is a concern, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told CNN's Anderson Cooper, particularly given the spread of variants.

                      "It's almost a race between getting people vaccinated and this surge that seems to want to increase," Fauci said, noting Europe is experiencing a spike much like the one experts worry about for the US.
                      To fight the variant, Fauci urged Americans to get vaccinated and stick to preventative measures."Hang in there a bit longer," he said. "Now is not the time, as I've said so many times, to declare victory prematurely."
                      Anybody remember what happened last time after Fauci warned us that daily infections had plateaued at a disturbingly high level?





                      Comment


                      • Fauci has lied to the American public on numerous occassions. Why would anyone listen to this guy?
                        Go Shocks!

                        Comment


                        • My concern is not about new cases increasing. In fact, I want new cases to increase quickly before my at-risk family member's vaccine is faced with a mutated variant that it can't deal with. I just want to make sure the new cases are increasing in the pool of healthy population (that statistically has demonstrated they can handle it) and/or among those that have intentionally chosen not to take the vaccination which is available to them (they have decided the risk/reward of taking the vaccine isn't worth it).

                          We have an obligation to our inoculated at-risk population to allow those that have chosen natural herd immunity to accept their own risk and snuff this virus out as quickly as possibly before that window closes.

                          The real metric is deaths. If new cases increase (even drastically), but death and hospitalizations remain muted, then we are truly protecting the at-risk population as efficiently as possible.
                          Kung Wu say man who take lady on camping trip, have one intent.

                          Comment


                          • Well said!
                            Livin the dream

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/healt...day/index.html

                              Fauci says new Covid-19 cases are at a disturbing level as the US is primed for a surge





                              Anybody remember what happened last time after Fauci warned us that daily infections had plateaued at a disturbingly high level?





                              Of course Fakeci wants to keep people scared. That's how he stays in the limelight. He sees his 15 minutes of fame coming to an end.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/healt...day/index.html

                                Fauci says new Covid-19 cases are at a disturbing level as the US is primed for a surge





                                Anybody remember what happened last time after Fauci warned us that daily infections had plateaued at a disturbingly high level?





                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X