No announcement yet.

Gender roles in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Tritt joins Kid Rock. He points out that Anheuser Busch hasn't been the same after it became a European Company.

Country star Travis Tritt drops Anheuser-Busch following Dylan Mulvaney campaign

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...vaney-campaign

Comment

• Somebody will have to explain to me what good reason there is to be upset that Budweiser released a can design that supports transgender people.

I can understand being opposed to transgender women competing in women's sports as this can lead to an unfair advantage which would potentially take away opportunities for women. But being offended about a beer can sounds fairly bigoted.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
        Somebody will have to explain to me what good reason there is to be upset that Budweiser released a can design that supports transgender people.

I can understand being opposed to transgender women competing in women's sports as this can lead to an unfair advantage which would potentially take away opportunities for women. But being offended about a beer can sounds fairly bigoted.
        In and of itself, it is not a big deal, and I don’t have any issues with an adult living as the opposite sex. This type of thing should not be celebrated though any more than dementia, depression, or suicide. I’m offended at the celebration of the DSM-5 psychiatric disorder.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• I have heard some discussion from people on the fact that kids in schools are identifying as "Cats", or "furries", and they have litter boxes provided for them in restrooms. This is ridiculous. In these cases, the school should train the "furries" to go to the bathroom using the toilet.

Soon, Budweiser will produce a commercial for this disorder too.

Comment

Somebody will have to explain to me what good reason there is to be upset that Budweiser released a can design that supports transgender people.

Maybe it was this one:

Fs_rgrzWcAE3ZVh.jpg

Comment

So you’re offended by people who think there are only two genders, and think this agenda is wrong? Do you feel the same way about people who identify that they’re a “furry”? This isn’t only about 7 genders, but about “cats” too, and who knows what else will be added?

im all about freedom, and we always accepted “Tom boys” (had them in my family), and this isn’t a “gay question”. However, there is a limit to what society should accept, and what we accept as people who have mental difficulties.
              Last edited by Shockm; April 6, 2023, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Or this one:

Nike Pays Trans TikTok Star Dylan Mulvaney to Model (Women's) Sports Bras

https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...e5#post1390626

I think this probably has a lot to do with trying to boost their ESG scores to keep Blackrock, Vanguard and State Street happy.

Comment

• I'm 75% convinced that Dylan Mulvaney is going to end up being king of the trolls at some point. This guy is exposing all of it and he is going to turn it off and count his money from the greatest con in history.

Outside of Washington D.C., of course.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So you’re offended by people who think there are only two genders, and think this agenda is wrong? Do you feel the same way about people who identify that they’re a “furry”? This isn’t only about 7 genders, but about “cats” too, and who knows what else will be added?

im all about freedom, and we always accepted “Tom boys” (had them in my family), and this isn’t a “gay question”. However, there is a limit to what society should accept, and what we accept as people who have mental difficulties.
                    I really wouldn't call myself particularly offended, just confused why people care so much to boycott a beer because they support a particular group of people that is different. It feels a bit hateful in my opinion. Especially seeing artists like Kid Rock shooting cans of Bud Light because of it. I don't see any way to look at that video other than the fact he hates transgendered people. Im not sure if you've ever met any transgendered people, I've personally only met a handful, but they're real people who aren't trying to push an agenda or take anything from you. Im sure there are activists on both sides I wouldn't agree with everything they are pushing.

It all just comes across as an issue that's being used to wedge the right and left in this country further apart, and doing a pretty damn good job of it.

To answer your question about "furries" = Seems a little weird, I'll admit. I used to cross paths with somebody who had a tail coming out of their jeans every day, but they didnt do anything to bother me so I didnt see any reason to care. I am highly skeptical that there are many schools with litter boxes for students and none of my friends in education have ever heard of this actually being thing.

In an episode of his podcast this past week, Rogan admitted that “It doesn’t seem like there was any proof that they actually put the litter box in there.”

Comment

I really wouldn't call myself particularly offended, just confused why people care so much to boycott a beer because they support a particular group of people that is different. It feels a bit hateful in my opinion. Especially seeing artists like Kid Rock shooting cans of Bud Light because of it. I don't see any way to look at that video other than the fact he hates transgendered people. Im not sure if you've ever met any transgendered people, I've personally only met a handful, but they're real people who aren't trying to push an agenda or take anything from you. Im sure there are activists on both sides I wouldn't agree with everything they are pushing.

It all just comes across as an issue that's being used to wedge the right and left in this country further apart, and doing a pretty damn good job of it.

To answer your question about "furries" = Seems a little weird, I'll admit. I used to cross paths with somebody who had a tail coming out of their jeans every day, but they didnt do anything to bother me so I didnt see any reason to care. I am highly skeptical that there are many schools with litter boxes for students and none of my friends in education have ever heard of this actually being thing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=3c311baf35f0
                      I think I gave a pretty reasonable explanation as to why this is not a good thing and is also not anti-trans. Depressed people are good people. Schizophrenics are good people. Trans people are good people. Maybe you disagree with my take?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=3c311baf35f0
                        The militant agenda is what is wrong. If a person thinks there are only two legitimate genders, they are called “hateful”. If hockey players don’t wear the rainbow flag, they are hateful. If they don’t think boys and girls should use the same bathrooms, or locker rooms, they are hateful. Budweiser, Nike, Walmart, etc, etc, etc probably doesn’t give a care about transgenderism, they just care about money. I’m not aware of any transgenders in my orbit, but if I do, I’ll develop a “genuine” relationship with the individual, and help them. I’ve had these relationships with drug addicts, who have had difficulties, demons, and even death. But as to the “trans” group agenda, I disagree with their methods.
                        Last edited by Shockm; April 6, 2023, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think I gave a pretty reasonable explanation as to why this is not a good thing and is also not anti-trans. Maybe you disagree with my take?
                          There are organizations that both agree and disagree with transgenderism being classified as a mental illness. If you want to side with one that thinks so, I'm not in argument with that perspective. Regardless of that, I don't necessarily that its the same as celebrating depression, dementia or suicide mostly because those are more hidden issues in many cases than ones personal gender identity. Its a lot harder to hide how you present yourself than it is depression which is less of a personal identity.

Just to clarify your position, you are not anti-trans but support the boycott of bud light/jack daniels over their support for the transgender community?

Comment

There are organizations that both agree and disagree with transgenderism being classified as a mental illness. If you want to side with one that thinks so, I'm not in argument with that perspective. Regardless of that, I don't necessarily that its the same as celebrating depression, dementia or suicide mostly because those are more hidden issues in many cases than ones personal gender identity. Its a lot harder to hide how you present yourself than it is depression which is less of a personal identity.

Just to clarify your position, you are not anti-trans but support the boycott of bud light/jack daniels over their support for the transgender community?
                            Mental disorders are not the same as mental illnesses. Severe depression could be a mental illness, but depression isn’t necessarily one. There is a lot of evidence that overwhelmingly, most transgender people have underlying mental disorders. Minors brains are not fully developed, and therefore, they can be confused by the emotions and insecurities they feel. Sometimes, the adults around children lead to extra confusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The militant agenda is what is wrong. If a person thinks there are only two legitimate genders, they are called “hateful”. If hockey players don’t wear the rainbow flag, they are hateful. Budweiser, Nike, Walmart, etc, etc, etc probably doesn’t give a care about transgenderism, they just care about money. I’m not aware of any transgenders in my orbit, but if I do, I’ll develop a “genuine” relationship with the individual, and help them. I’ve had these relationships with drug addicts, who have had difficulties, demons, and even death. But as to the “trans” group agenda, I disagree with their methods.
                              I cant disagree with much of that. Militant agendas seem to drive the narrative on both sides of most wedge issues. Corporations usually just support causes for the financial gain.
                              I am going to continue to find Kid Rock's video regarding bud light to hateful. Anybody willing to take a public stand against supporting a group of people is going to be walking a fine line into being labeled as hateful. I would apply that same standard against people on the left as I would people on the right, and also acknowledge that the standard isn't equally applied in the mainstream media.

Comment

It’s not a personal identity, it’s a delusion. It’s not “organizations” that think this, it’s the DSM 5.

Now, let’s say that for the first time in history that the AMA decided it was not a psychological illness and that it was a personal identity. Why would I celebrate that? What is the great achievement of denying biology?

To clarify my statement, no I wouldn’t boycot Budlight because they support transgenders, I think they are bad people because they celebrate mental illness.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X