Gender roles in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
    Somebody will have to explain to me what good reason there is to be upset that Budweiser released a can design that supports transgender people.

I can understand being opposed to transgender women competing in women's sports as this can lead to an unfair advantage which would potentially take away opportunities for women. But being offended about a beer can sounds fairly bigoted.
    Oregon Sued For Denying Adoption To Christian Woman Over Her Refusal To Indulge Gender Dysphoria

When an anorexic teen confronts a parent, therapist, or teacher about his or her anorexia, the compassionate response is not to “affirm” the dysphoria by calling the child fat with a recommendation for liposuction. That seems to be the new operating standard, however, for children convinced they were born in the wrong body.

Gender dysphoria has become the only area of modern medicine where child patients guide their medical care rather than the licensed clinicians, who are often eager to cash in on what is estimated to be a $5 billion-dollar industry by 2030.

Who is harming the child?

Anorexia is a disease that is centered around underlying psychological illnesses, issues, disorders. So is gender dysphoria.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/04/04...er-transition/
    Last edited by Shockm; April 7, 2023, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• A Transgender bill that targets kids has passed which restricts gender affirming care. It' didn't have a 2/3 majority vote, so it's not expected to weather Governor Kelly's veto. That's too bad because it is a good bill. It allows medical care such as psychological counseling, but restricts drastic measures such as puberty blockers, hormone therapy, and surgery which can cause long term harm to young kids, especially as they grow older. It seems to allow the same medical care that is used to help minors who have disorders such as anorexia.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
          Somebody will have to explain to me what good reason there is to be upset that Budweiser released a can design that supports transgender people.

I can understand being opposed to transgender women competing in women's sports as this can lead to an unfair advantage which would potentially take away opportunities for women. But being offended about a beer can sounds fairly bigoted.
          This article seems balanced and presents both sides of the issue, and answers your question above. I personally agree with Wufan that this movement is a long term problem for "kids" who have problems. Adults will make their own decisions, but kids are not ready to. Also, women that I know are offended that men (trans or not) are being allowed in their spaces, that used to be "private", and feel uncomfortable partially clad or naked men being allowed.

But in answer to your question, the public is divided in the wider debate about the inclusion of transgender women in female issues and spaces. Some say transgender women should be treated the same as other women, while others say they are different and that hard-won women’s rights must be protected.

https://www.kansas.com/news/nation-w...274110745.html
          Last edited by Shockm; April 8, 2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• I think what triggers a lot of people is that there just isn't very many places or areas of escape where one can just not give a ****. Why can't we just watch sports and just not give a ****. Wanna dress up as a woman? Okay, great, you do you. Im gonna watch some hockey and drink a beer.

Them: "What?! Nope! Pride day. Wear the rainbow jersey and celebrate who I wanna have sex with, bigot!"

I refuse to believe that more than about 10% of the country really cares if an adult wants to dress up as a woman. They don't. They want to roll their eyes and get back to their life. But they don't want their wives and daughters having to pay the price and feel vulnerable in a locker room, or congratulate a competitor who wins with an unfair advantage and say it's 'courageous'.

This isn't what they want. It's what 1 or 2 activists who have fanagled their way up the chain in these organizations want. And they have a media, lobbyists, and a political party behind them with a ready made army of freaks to cause trouble if they beg to differ.

Its all about destroying a culture of America that they don't like. They don't want to live and let live.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              I think what triggers a lot of people is that there just isn't very many places or areas of escape where one can just not give a ****. Why can't we just watch sports and just not give a ****.
              If you don't care about it, every place is a place to not give a **** about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Like the schools, and the library, and women’s sports…
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

How about a women’s locker room when an up unsuspecting woman or perhaps a 10 year old girl, is confronted by a naked man? That’s a place to not give a ....................... about it.

Comment

• This mother is suing her daughter's school district for covertly counseling her daughter to transition to a male. Suits for covert counseling youth to transition are happening in California, Maine, and Massachusetts. She is a Democrat who is not pleased with this issue, and willing to fight for her kids. I think this is a '"winning" issue for Republicans who are mostly pushing for parental rights legislation in their states and throughout the nation. The Republican Kansas legislature and Democrat Governor who vetoed the Parental Rights Bill are embroiled in a "fight" over this issue, and I don't think the Republicans have quite enough votes to over rule her veto.

Maine mom sues school over teen’s gender transition

The Goldwater Institute, an Arizona-based conservative and libertarian think tank, is lead counsel on the lawsuit filed Tuesday. It argues the Maine mother’s rights trump state statute allowing school counselors to keep information private.

Along with legislation banning surgical and pharmacological gender-affirming care, Republicans have also pushed so-called parental rights legislation demanding transparency from schools. A 2022 Arizona law expands the rights of parents to know anything their children tell a teacher or school counselor.

“I deserve to know what’s happening to my child. The secrecy needs to stop,” said Lavigne, who is now homeschooling her teenager, in a statement released by the institute.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/04...er-transition/
                    Last edited by Shockm; April 15, 2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Grown Man Identifying As ‘Trans’ Exposed Genitalia To Four Freshmen Girls, School Did Nothing, Lawyers Allege

Wisconsin school district allegedly failed to address parental complaints after an adult man, identifying as a woman, exposed his genitalia to four freshmen girls in a high school locker room, according to the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty (WILL).

After a swim unit in a March physical education class, four freshmen girls were showering in the locker room when an 18-year-old male student allegedly entered the changing area, announced he was transgender and then fully undressed in front of the students, according to WILL. Despite being notified of the “alleged sexual harassment,” Sun Prairie Area School District allegedly failed to address student and parental concerns regarding the incident.

I'm not sure what they do to address this. Is it against the law? It's not a student, but if it is, is it against the law? Is it ok for a trans person to use bathrooms and locker rooms and take their clothes off? Usually exposing oneself in a fashion or other has to be ok to use the restroom.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/04/21/g...-girls-school/

Comment

• heheeehheeehhheeeeeeheheeee He said unit.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• PORT ST. LUCIE, FL — A pride parade in Florida has been canceled after DeSantis signed a bill that would require everyone marching in the parade to keep their clothes on in front of the small children in attendance.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              I have a friend who is a Christian School administrator who says it’s stories like the ones above that has their schools busting at the seams. It’s too bad that poor kids can’t afford access to private school education.

Comment

• It used to be that trannies were just side street nut jobs for us to laugh at, like Leslie and a few others who hang out around downtown Austin, drawing as much attention as possible. There was even one in Eldorado Ks. That did it in the 80s.

Now these mentally disturbed dudes are part of our government.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X