Gender roles in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I know genotype exists, which is why my entire post was about genetics. In specific, I was responding to the sentiment of Ryan Anderson that "sex is established at conception" by discussing how a person's sexual development is determined by genes that can malfunction, rather than just by the presence of X and Y chromosomes.
    You didn't answer this......................
    "sex is absolutely a binary. Those people that “don’t fit the binary” are called outliers"

and this.........................
    " if males and females are the same, **** title IX".

I haven't bought or read Ryan Anderson's book either, but I would venture a guess that he has sections in his book that address the differences stated on here too, and I just thought it a "shame" that Amazon will no longer sell the book because they don't like these differences of world view from their own.

AND that Dr, Rand Paul is branded as anti-science for mentioning his viewpoint that children shouldn't have genital mutlilation surgeries that Secretary Rachel Levine who is a transgender nominee for the Cabinet advocates. Differences of opinion are fine, but not to even try to agree that others should be able to have opinions is wrong. The arrogance of the left has no bounds.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pat...epresentations
    Last edited by Shockm; March 4, 2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Rachel Levine has not advocated for genital surgery on minors, and has explicitly stated that there is no medical treatment for prepubertal children with gender dysphoria. She has expressed support for puberty blockers in the past, but gave non-answers to Rand Paul in the confirmation hearing on pretty much everything.

Comment

Rachel Levine has not advocated for genital surgery on minors, and has explicitly stated that there is no medical treatment for prepubertal children with gender dysphoria. She has expressed support for puberty blockers in the past, but gave non-answers to Rand Paul in the confirmation hearing on pretty much everything.

This is the exact exchange that he made. He didn't ask about genital surgery. He asked about minors receiving hormones and whether they should be able to give consent by themselves. Dr. Levine had to expect that question or similar inquiries, and her unwillingness to address (what you said) in public, the fact that children should be handled with caution is telling about her opinion, and is disturbing in my opinion as a layman. Dr. Paul obviously was educated about the subject, and he most likely had a good idea, what her answer would probably be, but she has a view point, and everyone else who disagrees be damned.

"American culture is now normalizing the idea that minors can be given hormones to prevent their biological development of their secondary sexual characteristics," Paul said. "Dr. Levine, do you believe that minors are capable of making such a life-changing decision as changing one’s sex?"

"Senator, thank you for your interest in this question," replied Levine, who has been nominated to be assistant secretary of health. "Transgender medicine is a very complex and nuanced field with robust research and standards of care that have been developed," Levine said. "If I am fortunate enough to be confirmed as the assistant secretary of health, I will look forward to working with you and your office and coming to your office and discussing the particulars of the standards of care for transgender medicine."

Comment

Rand Paul asked both questions, which you alluded to in your earlier post:

The specific question was about minors. Let’s be a little more specific since you evaded the question. Do you support the government intervening to override the parent’s consent to give a child puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones and or amputation surgery of breasts and genitalia? - Rand Paul

Comment

I know genotype exists, which is why my entire post was about genetics. In specific, I was responding to the sentiment of Ryan Anderson that "sex is established at conception" by discussing how a person's sexual development is determined by genes that can malfunction, rather than just by the presence of X and Y chromosomes.
            Sexual development is not the same as biological sex or gender.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Rand Paul asked both questions, which you alluded to in your earlier post:

Didn’t she refuse to answer?
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Sexual development is not the same as biological sex or gender.
                Sexual development is term for a multilayered system developed by John Money in 50s for classifying the people the slip through the cracks of a binary system. Those layers are:
                1. Chromosonal sex
                2. Fetal gonadic sex
                3. Fetal hormonal sex
                4. Internal reproductive sex
                5. External genital sex
                6. Pubertal hormonal sex
                7. Pubertal morphological sex
                I'm assuming that by 'biological sex' you are referring to the first layer, but even then there are exceptions where an egg or sperm may lack a sex chromosome or have extras, leading to a chromosonal sex of X0, XXY, XXX, XYY, etc. The point is that there is no single biological measure that unassailably places each and every human into one of two categories — male or female.

Comment

Sexual development is term for a multilayered system developed by John Money in 50s for classifying the people the slip through the cracks of a binary system. Those layers are:
                  1. Chromosonal sex
                  2. Fetal gonadic sex
                  3. Fetal hormonal sex
                  4. Internal reproductive sex
                  5. External genital sex
                  6. Pubertal hormonal sex
                  7. Pubertal morphological sex
                  I'm assuming that by 'biological sex' you are referring to the first layer, but even then there are exceptions where an egg or sperm may lack a sex chromosome or have extras, leading to a chromosonal sex of X0, XXY, XXX, XYY, etc. The point is that there is no single biological measure that unassailably places each and every human into one of two categories — male or female.
                  Dear lord!!!!!

Sexual development is when girls develop breast buds and boys start getting boners. It’s puberty.

I can’t believe you are using a Mengele level eugenicist for your gender psychopathy.

Maybe read Marshall Applewhite’s book on astronomy.

So, no, I’m not referring to chromosomal sex as biological sex. I’m referring to chromosomes, primary and secondary sexual characteristics. All of these things are binary. Your exceptions that prove the rule are statistical outliers.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

LINCOLN, NE—One of the last surviving veterans who survived the D-Day invasion, Otto Bernard, opened up to reporters recently to tell his harrowing story of the bloody fight against entrenched German forces on Omaha Beach. According to Bernard, his terrifying experience was made even worse by a complete lack of trans representation among the soldiers. 

Comment

LOL!!! Love this. Can't stop laughing. So great.

Comment

IT’S OFFICIAL: Caitlyn Jenner Announces Run for Governor of California Against Gavin Newsom

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          IT’S OFFICIAL: Caitlyn Jenner Announces Run for Governor of California Against Gavin Newsom

https://hannity.com/media-room/its-o...-gavin-newsom/
                          This is a fair contest. There is no biological advantage in a male running as a female against another male for Governor. May the best person win.

Comment

While I respect the right of an individual to portray themselves as they see fit, I can’t root for a person that denies reality to govern others.

Being that Kaitlyn Jenner will not be my governor, I look forward to seeing the cognitive dissonance of the situation that leftists will wrestle with.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Id like to hear from the scientists on this.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X