Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NCAABound
    Originally posted by CharlieHog
    Hawaii played the 118th ranked schedule in the country. They beat 1 team with a winning record.

And just for comparison, last year Boise State beat 5 teams with winning records, and another with a .500 record. 3 of those teams were out of conference games.
    But nobody would play them. Michigan State paid a $250,000 buyout and got out of their game. Typical big conference rhetoric....everybody jump on them and say they didn't play anybody, but those same schools are the ones who refuse to schedule lower level teams that can actually beat them.

Maybe they should get together with some other mid-major schools and play each other, like they do in basketball. Instead of playing Charleston Southern.

They don't have to play Michigan State. I guess they did play La Tech, and beat them by 1 point. :roll:

I don't have anything against the WAC. But Boise had a better argument last year than Hawaii does this year. Hawaii's case sucks this year.

Let's see what they can do against Georgia in the Sugar. Hey if they beat them, the AP writers always have the option of voting them #1, like they did with USC when LSU won the Championship.

Comment

Hawaii played the 118th ranked schedule in the country. They beat 1 team with a winning record.

And just for comparison, last year Boise State beat 5 teams with winning records, and another with a .500 record. 3 of those teams were out of conference games.

And KU is going to play in the BCS game with essentially the same resume and would have played for the title if they would have beaten Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

And KU is going to play in the BCS game with essentially the same resume and would have played for the title if they would have beaten Missouri.

I agree, Kansas should not be in a BCS bowl. Missouri should.

Comment

I'm not saying Hawaii is the best team around...but they should at least be given the chance.

You don't really want to talk about non-conference schedules, do you Charlie? :) At least Arkansas won the Sun Belt this year.

I don't have a dog in this fight...just trying to stand up for the little guy!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            so there punished cuz they play in a non BCS conference. Its just not right. I think they are gonna Beat Georgia!
            We normally agree on things, but no chance in hell. Hawaii won't be able to play catchup like they have the past few games vs Georgia. Don't get me wrong though...I've become a closet Hawaii fan (mainly because their games are still on when I'm going to bed).
            Jocks & Jills
            3236 N. Rock Rd
            Wichita, KS 67226
            316-260-9800
            http://www.jocks-jills.com
            http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

I have to say I believe Hawai'i will cash in on the opportunity to prove they deserved a shot at the National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                I'm not saying Hawaii is the best team around...but they should at least be given the chance.

You don't really want to talk about non-conference schedules, do you Charlie? :) At least Arkansas won the Sun Belt this year.

I don't have a dog in this fight...just trying to stand up for the little guy!

For one thing, I'm not making the argument that Arkansas should be in a BCS bowl. :D

Also, we were supposed to have played TCU this year but our schedule got out of whack when we signed a new deal with Texas so we were left with an open spot. We start a 2 year deal with Texas next year. The previous two seasons we've played USC. We also had a previous series with Texas.

Our normal scheduling is no worse than any other SEC team.

Also...Bama lost to a Sunbelt team.

And we did schedule what was supposed to have been a very good mid-major in Troy.

Comment

Hawaii beat 2 teams with better than .500 records in Boise State and Fresno State and one at 6-6 with Nevada.

Not that I don't agree that thier schedule was pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
                    Hawaii beat 2 teams with better than .500 records in Boise State and Fresno State and one at 6-6 with Nevada.

Not that I don't agree that thier schedule was pathetic.

My mistake.

Comment

Working...
                    X