X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 idle teams this week OSU and Georgia

OSU - Jumps to number 1
    Georgia - gets bumped down.

Now im not saying these 2 teams should be playing each other in the national championship.

But what I will say is that the NCAA needs to look at what they have going on because this is complete BS.

Now myself I dont follow nor care that much about college football until the bowl season. but I might have to pass this year.

Comment

I'm sure you realize this, but I think the reason the voters dropped UGA is due to the fact that they didn't even get to their conference championship game, so how could they rise in the polls?

What a strange and bizarre season. To think the Sooners (who I root for) were within an earshot of the BCS championship game after losing to Colorado and TT. Just strange.

KU is an odd one - I would have put Mizzou in the Orange bowl myself. I'll probably pick VaTech to win.

Hope that Georgia doesn't suffer the Sooners fate from last year against Hawaii.

Comment

What a season it's been ... :shock:

Obviously it worked out pretty well for us. Hopefully we'll give a good showing against VaTech and justify our spot.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
          2 idle teams this week OSU and Georgia

OSU - Jumps to number 1
          Georgia - gets bumped down.

Now im not saying these 2 teams should be playing each other in the national championship.

But what I will say is that the NCAA needs to look at what they have going on because this is complete BS.

Now myself I dont follow nor care that much about college football until the bowl season. but I might have to pass this year.
          I was listening to a radio show today and they were talking about how the polls worked the last week of the season. They said that many of the voters don't seem to care where they rank people up until the very last poll, since that one actually "counts" towards the national title and bowl rankings, etc. - I guess this means that polls probably don't even matter because voters and the BCS can just put whoever they want into the National Title game the last week of the season, which is basically what happened today with LSU jumping from 7 to 2 and leapfrogging Georgia and VT. - However, I do think LSU deserves to be in the National Title over all those other teams they jumped over. They lost 2 games, but both of those were in multiple overtimes.
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
            Missouri beats Illinois and Kansas, but loses twice to OU.

Kansas beats...... hmm

Interesting selection by the Orange Bowl
            Yeah that doesn't make much sense at all. The Orange Bowl is aware that this is KU's football (not basketball) team right??? lol :D

I suppose if we do the math...the Orange Bowl feels more Kansas fans will come to Florida to spend their money rather than Mizzou fans would have. That's usually the reasoning behind these types of things.

Look at Arizona St. - Tied for 1st in the Pac-10 and lots of people nationally thought they were a shoe-in for the Fiesta Bowl. Not so fast...ASU fans already live here. No way the Fiesta Bowl and Arizona cities wanna lose hotel, food and rent-a-car money on not bringing in a fanbase from out of state.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I`m finally realizing why Notre Dame would never join a conference.

They can go into the last weekend of the season with zero or 1 losses & basically sit there watching other top teams play in conference titles. If those top teams lose, ND can just sit back and watch while they move up.

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
                I`m finally realizing why Notre Dame would never join a conference.

They can go into the last weekend of the season with zero or 1 losses & basically sit there watching other top teams play in conference titles. If those top teams lose, ND can just sit back and watch while they move up.

Well ND does get a sweet deal from the BCS. I'm thinking the Big 12 North is the place to be. Every few years you're going to luck out and not have to play Texas or OU and can get a BCS bowl with the 109th ranked schedule in the country.

Notre Dame is probably an independent mostly because they want to keep all the money from their lucrative TV deal with NBC.

Comment

Re: BCS Bowl Predictions

Originally posted by vbird53
                  My predictions:

BCS Championship: W. Virginia vs. Ohio St.
                  Sugar Bowl: Tennessee vs. Hawaii
                  Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Georgia
                  Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Arizona St.
                  Rose Bowl: USC vs. Kansas
                  Well, I got close. LSU won the SEC, not Tenn., and WV lost (never saw that one coming). So, LSU went from off my radar to the title game in one week. IMO, Arizona St. got screwed. Not sure how Illinois earned a BCS game over the SunDevils.

I will guarantee this:

If the system stays the same over the next few years, teams will play a much less competitive schedule, as proved by this year. The teams left standing and "earning" the right to play in these games this year only had to stand by and watch as others lost in the tough games. Why play a tough schedule if you don't have to?

Comment

Re: BCS Bowl Predictions

If the system stays the same over the next few years, teams will play a much less competitive schedule, as proved by this year. The teams left standing and "earning" the right to play in these games this year only had to stand by and watch as others lost in the tough games. Why play a tough schedule if you don't have to?

Most teams already don't play tough schedules out of conference.

Comment

What we keep forgeting is that the system works PERFECTLY and is not going to change for the benefit of the fans anytime soon.

The system was designed to generate and more importantly, keep and control, as much revenue as possible controlled by the small # of major schools. Period, end of story, good night.

It is exactly the same thing that ND has been doing for years. The BCS just wanted in on the gig.

They all make me puke and I am a fan of one of the biggest participants and I still want to puke.

Comment

Case study:

Hawaii Warriors.

Outcome: Undefeated 2007 season.

Consolation: No chance in hell at the BCS National Championship.

Could you imagine if Wichita State had absolutely no chance at the Men's Basketball Championship? What in the world are they playing for? Beginning the season knowing that there is no chance to accomplish your goal of being the best?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          What we keep forgeting is that the system works PERFECTLY and is not going to change for the benefit of the fans anytime soon.

The system was designed to generate and more importantly, keep and control, as much revenue as possible controlled by the small # of major schools. Period, end of story, good night.

It is exactly the same thing that ND has been doing for years. The BCS just wanted in on the gig.

They all make me puke and I am a fan of one of the biggest participants and I still want to puke.

I agree. The BCS was designed to get 2 teams into the national title game (as well as the money). What they should do in the future is only give out the top 4 teams of the BCS to the public, because that's all that really matters.
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Case study:

Hawaii Warriors.

Could you imagine if Wichita State had absolutely no chance at the Men's Basketball Championship? What in the world are they playing for? Beginning the season knowing that there is no chance to accomplish your goal of being the best?
                            If WSU ever went undefeated in College Basketball, does anybody think they'd get a #1 seed in the tourny? I hate to say it, but I don't think they would. Not with the BCS conference teams running the NCAA.
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                              Case study:

Hawaii Warriors.

If WSU ever went undefeated in College Basketball does anybody think they'd get a #1 seed in the tourny? I hate to say it, but I don't think they would.
                              I never said anything about a #1 seed. They would certainly be in the dance with a shot at winning it all if they went undefeated. Hawaii has no chance. Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                                Originally posted by WuDrWu

I agree. The BCS was designed to get 2 teams into the national title game (as well as the money). What they should do in the future is only give out the top 4 teams of the BCS to the public, because that's all that really matters.
                                And it failed. USC and OU are the 2 best teams in the country, IMO. In the current situation, you cannot tell me that LSU or Ohio State are better, and I can't tell you that USC and OU are better. In other words, it must be decided on the field. There is no proof either way, that any of those 4 is better than another.

Comment

Working...
                                X